Skip to content
Need help with our 24 year old
An_247332 posted:
we have a 24 year old daughter. she has lived with us off and on. she gets very angry with us and then we tel her to leave. she now hasa 6month old son and is in a custody fight with the father, they are not married. She did have custodial rights with her son but then was told to leave our house for the umteenth time and had no where to go. she ended up with the father for one night and then threatened to kill herself,she ended up in the hospital on a 72 hour hold. they checked herout and said she was ok to go .she had no place to go so she ended up with us again. she is on medication and seeing a counseler but she is still fighting with us yelling at us. this is very wearing on my wife and I. She will loose her son if we put her out for good. what can we do.
tigger responded:
Hello I have a 23 year old daughter who likes to bounce form state to sate and then come home and leave she does this all the time. I feel your stress my daughter has 2 children and i know that it is not good for them to be bounced around like that she loves to fiht with me and my husband all the time. Right now she moved out again and i have not heard form her at all.
Is there any way that you and your wife can look into getting custody of your grandson, you have the proof that she and the father are really not that good of parents. This way there you know that your grandchild is safe with you.I do undersatand that this is very hard i always take my daughter back becasue of my grand kids and this time i do have to say that i will be doing some tuff love becasue i know that i can not do it any more.
You have to do what is best for that grandchild. I hope that this helped you some and i wish you and your wife the best

Spotlight: Member Stories

Five years ago it felt like the end of what I would have called a beautiful life. My marriage ended and I became a single parent of what I didn't ...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.