Skip to content
Autistic 5 year old with destructive behavior disorder on Abilify - bad idea
Sephris posted:
I have a 5 year old boy who is autistic and has DBD. He was put on Abilify after the other medication they gave him made him go from 35 pounds to over 80 in a few months time, as well as him vomiting almost every night from it. It was a horrible mistake. At first he started having uncontrollable movements...chattering of the teeth, weird jaw movements, shaky legs, etc... This morning I woke up to my wife screaming. I ran out and she was covered in blood all over her arms and chest. She was holding his hands in hers and he was still trying to attack her. Oh, he also has a bit of the "super baby" thing where his brain didn't tell his muscles to stop growing on top of all of this, so he is brutal. It's like being attacked by a pit bull, but he is far bigger than a pit. And on Abilify he is far more viscous than one too.

Should your child have similar issues be VERY careful giving him or her this stuff. If it does them good, wonderful. For my son, he went form being aggressive and a bit destructive to a violent psychopath that obviously cannot control anything about himself. He has also attacked me as well as my 7 year old boy. My wife has locked herself in the bedroom out of fear of him. And right now the pediatrician says the only thing we can do is take him to the E.R. and have them sedate him and give us some sedatives until the psychiatrist gets back to us. she is in California and not easy to get in touch with, so it could be days before we get any help from her.

Please, please be careful with this stuff. It can make life wonderful for everyone if it works right, but if it doesn't it opens the gates of hell on you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother of a diagnosed bipolar disorder with extreme ADHD 9 year old son as well as a very active almost 4 year old son. I am a stay-at-home m...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.