Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
9 yr old son with ADHD & ODD
kerrifair posted:
Our 9 yr. old son was diagnosed last year with ADHD & ODD. He has always had trouble in school since preschool. The year that he's been on Abilify we've seen some big changes. He's less disruptive & easier to talk to. Parents out there who's kids are on Abilify please don't forget to get their blood sugar checked often as high blood sugar is a side effect

lrobertson511 responded:
My grandson, 8, ADHD and ODD, has just had Abilify increased from 4mg to 5mg. His meltdowns and aggression seem worse. We are not sure if this is because of the adjustment to the new dose or not. Fortunately, his parents have been referred to a counselor tomorrow. When his mom spoke with him on the phone, he told her, "I don't need to hear about your son, I know him. I need to meet with you and your husband to help you have the tools and strategies to deal with him." And of course, that is what we all are yearning for understanding that nothing else has worked. Wish us luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

Helpful Tips

How To Upload a Profile Picture
How to Upload a Profile picture: 1. Click My Exchange Profile. (left sidebar) or My Account (top right corner) 2. The click Change my ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.