Skip to content
Finding Hope
dandylone posted:
I have an 8 yo son who started Abilify two days ago. The past two nights he has fallen asleep while watching television before his bedtime. This has only happened twice in his life! He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Mood Disorder NOS, and Disruptive Behavior Disorder NOS. My hopes are high after reading these prior posts. His behavior is much like the rest of the children I am reading about. He goes through extreme anger outbursts, especially at school. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I've spent this entire school year crying. I'm a teacher and I can't control my child. He does not handle being told no very well. He has always issues, but this year has been the worse. His "meltdowns" (screaming, kicking, getting under his desk &chewing on his shirt) occur about three times a week at school. He is also on Vyvanse and Tenex. He has previously been prescribed Concerta and Ritalin. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted on here. It helps me to feel not so alone. I'm a single mom & I have no one to share this burden with. These stories give me hope.

lovemy2boyz responded:
Will be thinking of you "Finding Hope" as we start Abilify today. maybe we can go through this together my son is 7 going on 8 next month.

dandylone replied to lovemy2boyz's response:
How was day one?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.