Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
15 yr daughter not wanting to go to school
cher50 posted:
she has been in counseling 3 yrs on and off meds at 1 time shes missing school at least 2 times a week she doesnt want to go she wants to be home schooled! she has talked to peers that are home schooled this morning i took her phone charger and told her she could not meet up with her boyfriend at mall ! i told her she could if she did homework and went to school ! she asked why not and threatened to cut she has a couselor appt today ! and another appt from dr referral to see a dr . for an depression eval im besides myself breaking down this morning seems there is no end im trying to do my best for her seems like its taking forever to get the help ! i dont know what couselor will say today but the 19th dr eval is so far way it seems !

momuv4girls responded:
This is a tough situation, and I understand how hard it is to wait for an appointment!!

Is this evaluation with a Child Psychiatrist?

Are you a stay-at-home mom who can be with your daughter when she refuses to attend school?

Has the school offered any assistance?

-Kathleen

BPdadof3bp replied to momuv4girls's response:
There are some great books on Amazon about teenage girls and coping with these types f issues. My daughter is 12 and has the same situation. I agree on the school. Does she have an IEP with the school? It really helps.

eliannaj responded:
We have a similar situation. My sister is 16 and does not want to attend HS. She is depressed and hallucinates sometimes. She has been in & out of the behavioral hospital 4x this year. She is very over weight and has a low self esteem. My parents are doing their best to get her counseling and basically letting do whatever she wants so she doesn't have a melt down of some sort. She also has thoughts of suicide. I feel bad for parents because this so new to them and I feel they are at their wits' end, if you know what I mean. Btw, she is home-schooled and is on the internet mostly all day. Any words of encouragement or advice?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.