Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My bipolar disorder
sader posted:
I tried to tell my friend, Indirectly, that my mood changes are because of changes in brain, this changes because of changes at genes that control the human feeling, behavior and emotions. Shock and obsessing was clear more than sympathy at his eyes. I didn't find any desire to continue. I fallen silent, Since then I decided not tell any
I also decided not to go a doctor or taking drugs. Manic depressive disorder is Chronic disease, and there is no final treat. I think that being awareness of the disease and some strategies of dealing with it will help more than drugs
I am not cling to life, and not ready to mortgage my live with some drugs

http://livingmanicdepressivedisorder.blogspot.com/

BPdadof3bp responded:
As a BP myself and a dad of 3 with BP I really sympathize, and I understand. I like to explain it is just like diabetes, where you need to take insulin. Or like this blood pressure. Do not allow those who do not get it upset you. It is hard to grasp. I find many of the YouTube videos where people describe their feeling about having BP to be very helpful. Eo not give up on the meds!!!!! They can make a huge difference. The key is finding the right dr who really gets it. Once the ,Ed's are in balance you can feel much better. I run a successful business, happily married, have wonderful kids. It can be beaten but not alone. I am sure you have heard it a million times but the right meds, a good therapist and a support group can make all the difference.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Five years ago it felt like the end of what I would have called a beautiful life. My marriage ended and I became a single parent of what I didn't ...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.