Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_255076 posted:
    My 24 yr old daughter recently told me she has been depressed for years and has been harming herself by slamming her body or arms, legs etc to try to relief her pain. She also admitted she thinks a lot of suicide. I am taking her into a dr. Tomorrow in hopes of getting a referral for another dr. I am feeling helpless and paralyzed with fear for her safety . I am wanting any and all advise on how to help her with this and in turn help us as a family.
    momuv4girls responded:
    I'm glad you are helping your daughter seek treatment, I hope you find a really good, smart Psychiatrist to treat her.

    I urge you to look to your local NAMI for support. They are a fantastic organization with in-person support groups for both you and your daughter.

    Here is the link to find one near you:

    Take care!
    pmorg replied to momuv4girls's response:
    Thank you .i would love to hear any advise there is out there as this is a new journey for our family .

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

    Helpful Tips

    "Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
    Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    23 of 31 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.