Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Posting to the communities has been restored. Our technical team is still completing ongoing maintenance, and you may experience some technical problems.Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

An_255076 posted:
My 24 yr old daughter recently told me she has been depressed for years and has been harming herself by slamming her body or arms, legs etc to try to relief her pain. She also admitted she thinks a lot of suicide. I am taking her into a dr. Tomorrow in hopes of getting a referral for another dr. I am feeling helpless and paralyzed with fear for her safety . I am wanting any and all advise on how to help her with this and in turn help us as a family.
momuv4girls responded:
I'm glad you are helping your daughter seek treatment, I hope you find a really good, smart Psychiatrist to treat her.

I urge you to look to your local NAMI for support. They are a fantastic organization with in-person support groups for both you and your daughter.

Here is the link to find one near you:

Take care!
pmorg replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thank you .i would love to hear any advise there is out there as this is a new journey for our family .

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.