Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    10 year old depression
    aidenzmommie187 posted:
    1. I have a 10 year old son who during the past few months has started withdrawimg from friends, any activities, hates school is sayimg he is always sick and sad. Hr was put on zoloft, but tonight told me that he has thoughts of hurting and killing himself, but wouldnt actually do it. I need advice what do I do????
    momuv4girls responded:
    You need to report his thoughts to his Psychiatrist ASAP !!!

    Zoloft may not be the med for him. In young people medication trials are often necessary to get relief from the symptoms.
    Unfortunately some medication can actually make the child worse.

    Contacting his Dr. is your first step, and hopefully the Psychiatrist will be able to see him today.

    Take care, and let me know how it goes.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

    Helpful Tips

    A very interesting article
    Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 18 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.