Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Angry teenager
ninihoo posted:
I am a single mother to a very angry and depressed 15 year old daughter. Her father has been absent from her life for the past 2 years. She worries me because she is trying to make adult decisions with a child mind. I have taken her to a therapist but now she refuses to go anymore and frankly I am wasting my money if she isn't going to try. She is on Lexapro 20mg daily. Thanks for listening.

momuv4girls responded:
Teenage years can be tough, and especially so if you've got a child who suffers from depression/anxiety.

Has your daughter had a complete evaluation from an adolescent psychiatrist? What are your thoughts on the Lexapro - is it helping? Does your daughter take it willingly, daily?

Kindly,
-Kathleen

ninihoo replied to momuv4girls's response:
Yes. She takes the Lexapro everyday and it has helped and her psychiatrist has seen her for almost 2 years. Her biggest factor is that her father wants nothing to do with her even SHE is the one who reaches out to him.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Spotlight: Member Stories

We have two sons we adopted at birth. One is 25 and doing ok. The other is 7 years younger. He always had a difficult time in school. We had him in a ...More

Helpful Tips

A very interesting article
Hi group, I found this article to be very informative and interesting ! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123544191 ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.