Skip to content
Angry teenager
ninihoo posted:
I am a single mother to a very angry and depressed 15 year old daughter. Her father has been absent from her life for the past 2 years. She worries me because she is trying to make adult decisions with a child mind. I have taken her to a therapist but now she refuses to go anymore and frankly I am wasting my money if she isn't going to try. She is on Lexapro 20mg daily. Thanks for listening.
momuv4girls responded:
Teenage years can be tough, and especially so if you've got a child who suffers from depression/anxiety.

Has your daughter had a complete evaluation from an adolescent psychiatrist? What are your thoughts on the Lexapro - is it helping? Does your daughter take it willingly, daily?

ninihoo replied to momuv4girls's response:
Yes. She takes the Lexapro everyday and it has helped and her psychiatrist has seen her for almost 2 years. Her biggest factor is that her father wants nothing to do with her even SHE is the one who reaches out to him.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 42-year old mom to 3 sons. My middle child is 19 years old and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. He has been prescribed...More

Helpful Tips

"Trigger "warnings - please add them to your post subject lines!
Hi Everyone! Please add a "Trigger" warning to any post starter that has a topic of self harm. Self harm is a sensitive topic and a ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 31 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.