Skip to content
savme posted:
Hello FMily,

I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary. Not my wedding anniversary but 1 year of ..................................................................................

NO DRINKING AND............................NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating today!!!! My DH is taking me to lunch.
At least I will be getting out of the house..

Happy days,

Linda L.

Dollbug responded:
Hello Linda....and should be celebrating this delightful time......I am very happy for you....and I hope you will be able to celebrate this for the rest of your life....

Have a good luck.....

Take care.

alispazz responded:
YEAH!!!!!!!! Congrats... Happy day all day!!!!!!

How did you do the no Smoking!!!!! In process right now.. so far so good but only 3 days...

Anjl26 responded:
WOHOOOO!! That is fantastic! You should be proud of what you've accomplished. Enjoy your lunch. :D
missshortyd responded:
That is so wonderful U should be very proud of yourself!!!!

savme replied to alispazz's response:
Thanks Ali,

I used the patches if for nothing more than hope, but I took it one day at a time. You have to remember it has to be what works for you, but you also have to be ready and determined to quit.

Linda L.
savme replied to Dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi,

It has been rough since I was a heavy drinker, and I smoked for over 30 years, and this is a milestone in my life.

I fully intend to stay smoke and alcohol free.

Linda L.
MagPrincess replied to savme's response:
SO glad to hear this.

What an accomplishment!
fibroinsd responded:
Wow...I am so very impressed. This is wonderful. Congratulations. I know how hard this is.

Fibrosarah responded:
It's wonderful to hear news like this! Overall, this gives you a better quality of life

Know it's hard to do, I have a son that has a problem with drinking,

I compare both with going on a diet, Same thing, different product is all.

BTW...for anyone interested, my son used prescription Chantrix, and swears by it! Has been smoke free 2 years.

Enjoy your lunch!
pocotaz responded:
Linda L.,

Congratulations !! A success story with a happy ending and begining. It's good to celeberate--hubby is sweet for doing this--it is something to be proud of --the strength you know you have to have gone through it all andcome out ahead and even stronger.

I give tons of hugs .............Linda
countrystablecandles replied to pocotaz's response:
Congratulations to you!! That is something to be happy about.. Enjoy your day!!

TCL38 responded:
Awwww Linda good for you!

I have been sober for almost 21 years. And other than one cigarette in 1994, I haven't smoked in about 20 years.

I don't miss the cigarettes at all but the alcohol is a different story. It's really more I miss the release from reality that getting really bent can bring...hey at least I'm honest enough with myself to admit it right?

Congratulations! I hope your lunch celebration was wonderful!

wickedwanda0629 responded:
I am so proud of you.
enjoy your lunch.

I have been smoke free for 2 plus years and I still find it very hard..
Tuned2fm replied to savme's response:
Dear Linda L,

All I can say is you go girl! I used to be a heavy drinker but I did it in private. To this day I don't think anyone but my ex knew. One day I just lost the desire and found out later that my ex had been praying that I lose the desire. The power of prayer.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch and just think you have added years to your life and set a good example for others. Right on!

Gentle hugs,

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 75 found this helpful