Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
anniversary
savme posted:
Hello FMily,

I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary. Not my wedding anniversary but 1 year of ..................................................................................

NO DRINKING AND............................NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am celebrating today!!!! My DH is taking me to lunch.
At least I will be getting out of the house..

Happy days,

Linda L.

FirstPrevious12NextLast

dollbug responded:
Hello Linda....and congratulations......you should be celebrating this delightful time......I am very happy for you....and I hope you will be able to celebrate this for the rest of your life....

Have a good luck.....

Take care.

MiMi

alispazz responded:
YEAH!!!!!!!! Congrats... Happy day all day!!!!!!

Ali

How did you do the no Smoking!!!!! In process right now.. so far so good but only 3 days...

Anjl26 responded:
WOHOOOO!! That is fantastic! You should be proud of what you've accomplished. Enjoy your lunch.

missshortyd responded:
Linda
That is so wonderful U should be very proud of yourself!!!!

lindaf

savme replied to alispazz's response:
Thanks Ali,

I used the patches if for nothing more than hope, but I took it one day at a time. You have to remember it has to be what works for you, but you also have to be ready and determined to quit.

Linda L.

savme replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi,

It has been rough since I was a heavy drinker, and I smoked for over 30 years, and this is a milestone in my life.

I fully intend to stay smoke and alcohol free.

Linda L.

MagPrincess replied to savme's response:
SO glad to hear this.

What an accomplishment!

fibroinsd responded:
Wow...I am so very impressed. This is wonderful. Congratulations. I know how hard this is.

cece

fibrosarah responded:
It's wonderful to hear news like this! Overall, this gives you a better quality of life

Know it's hard to do, I have a son that has a problem with drinking,

I compare both with going on a diet, Same thing, different product is all.

BTW...for anyone interested, my son used prescription Chantrix, and swears by it! Has been smoke free 2 years.

Enjoy your lunch!

pocotaz responded:
Linda L.,

Congratulations !! A success story with a happy ending and begining. It's good to celeberate--hubby is sweet for doing this--it is something to be proud of --the strength you know you have to have gone through it all andcome out ahead and even stronger.

I give tons of hugs .............Linda

countrystablecandles replied to pocotaz's response:
Congratulations to you!! That is something to be happy about.. Enjoy your day!!

{{hugs}}

TCL38 responded:
Awwww Linda good for you!

I have been sober for almost 21 years. And other than one cigarette in 1994, I haven't smoked in about 20 years.

I don't miss the cigarettes at all but the alcohol is a different story. It's really more I miss the release from reality that getting really bent can bring...hey at least I'm honest enough with myself to admit it right?

Congratulations! I hope your lunch celebration was wonderful!

Tanya

wickedwanda0629 responded:
I am so proud of you.
enjoy your lunch.

I have been smoke free for 2 plus years and I still find it very hard..

Tuned2fm replied to savme's response:
Dear Linda L,

All I can say is you go girl! I used to be a heavy drinker but I did it in private. To this day I don't think anyone but my ex knew. One day I just lost the desire and found out later that my ex had been praying that I lose the desire. The power of prayer.

I hope you enjoyed your lunch and just think you have added years to your life and set a good example for others. Right on!

Gentle hugs,

Sheila

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.