Skip to content
Tri cities Washington
tabbybrn posted:
Is there anyone close to Tricities Washington? Id really like to meet some ppl close to me suffering form this awful curse. My best friend has it but moved to N. Bend and I never get to see her. I want to try a daily workout activity with some friends... Non of my friends understand as they dont have it and I seem (normal) to them when they see me. They dont see me off meds though LOL

fibroinsd responded:
I haven't heard of anyone here from the tricities...Have you tried Craigslist? If you want someone to work out with...they have a place you can post for that.

People here are from all over....so it would be hard to find someone really close.

If you just want to talk about Fibro...you are welcome to do so here anytime.

cece

pookeybear22 responded:
Hi Tabby,
my name is Ronda and I do know what you are going threw. I have chronic Fibromyalgia and I totally understand where your coming from. Nobody that I know has this disease either and I would love to get together and talk about what this has done to us. please e-mail me so we can talk.

Reddwolf12 responded:
I live in the Tri-Cities area

Brandy_Lynn_84 responded:
Tabby,

I am so sorry that you are going through this in your life. I myself do not have fibro but I do know a few people who do. I go to church with one lady and she and I are close. I know a couple of others and in Walla Walla they are going to start a support group there.
Have you ever tried essential oils? My friend whom I go to church with uses our esssential oils. She and I both are IPCs for doTerra. These oils are the best on the market and are in there pure form with nothing added. She has a regimin she does daily and is in her 50's and is an exercise instructor.
My friend suffered with fibro for 15 years and started these oils and now she says she "used to have fibro." She started them with her meds and now she doesn't take meds.
If you are interested in learning more please message me branlynn84@yahoo.com . I live here in Tri-Cities and we could come and meet with you as well if you would like about essential oils. I look forward to speaking with you and to help in any way I can.

Have a wonderful day,

Brandy~

Brandy_Lynn_84 replied to pookeybear22's response:
Ronda,

Have you ever tried essential oils for your fibro?? My husband and I live in Tri-Cities and are IPCs for doTerra. I would love to help in anyway I can. We are going to be having a meeting soon if you are intersted in joining and listening in. Please email me at Branlynn84@yahoo.com if you are interested in learning how essential oils can help with your fibro..Talk to you soon.

Brandy~

Ivy_Wood responded:
I am in the Tri-Cities. I new I may have FM for over a year. I found out to day when I got my test back. They tested me for other things, but it was not that. The doctor said it was FM and I have had two others say the same. I told my bf today what they said and as he had done before when I thought I may have it, kind of a so what from him. I was upset from what the doctor said, and I don't get much from him on it. Did not seem to get any thing from him on it. I still would like to try some more doctors. I don't think the answer will be much different. I am disappoint in the way my bf don't seem to care about it. He is like well what do you want me to do about it. I just say, g thanks.

katmandulou responded:
Hi tabbybrn, and welcome to the group!

I have friends who think I'm not sick, and I'm too afraid to go off the meds to show them. I wish we lived closer. I take a yoga class once or twice a week, and it helps me. I have made many many friends while 'on my mat', and I hope you'll give it a try anyway.
Lou

harleyheart responded:
Hello, My name is Anna and I live in Kennewick. I have been an aerobics instructor 14 years and an Orthopedic nurse for 8 1/2 years. I was diagnosed 5 years ago. I never in my life thought that such an active person as myself would incur such a disabling disorder. I really never studied on it but saw many patients who were diagnosed with it. Then it happened to me and I did a lot of research from then on. They think mine was brought on by trauma from a cancerous surgery. I really don't care where it came from but deal with it as it comes and goes. I had a huge flare up in 2008, 2011 and as we speak 1 week ago and still going. The first one lasted almost a year long with several trips to the ER. The second one lasted about 8 months. This one is so far a week long. With debilitating rt. hip pain. Which may now be avascular necrosis. I'm praying not because then I'm heading for a total hip joint. I totally understand where you are coming from with friends not understanding. I have some that do and some that don't. They cant seem to understand why I can go to a movie yet can't run around at work. An important part of dealing with fibromyalgia is keeping your spirits up. Anything you are able to do in your daily life is an achievement in itself. Just accept that they don't understand but it's probably because they really aren't listening to you or are ignorant to the facts of this disorder. I do a lot of walking although at this time I am unable to do anything more than just a little stretching to keep me moving. I am on 150mg of Lyrica two times a day and Savella highest does once a day. I understand what you say about stopping the meds to prove to people how you would really be but do not lower yourself to satisfy their questioning. No friend should ever want another friend to put themselves in pain to prove a point. I am here if you want to talk and as soon as I get to feeling better I will meet with you and walk. Walking or swimming is the best if your not feeling so good otherwise I can tell you of a great easy and not time consuming workout. Good Luck and keep in touch.

fibroinsd replied to harleyheart's response:
Hi harleyheart...and welcome to the page...

You note was so well stated..I know it will mean a lot to so many...we can sure relate !

I do hope you will check out the member toolbox post..It should be in the tips and resources section. It was started by Nancy B. and members have written what has helped them...NO cure for sure..but little things that might help.

Also...I am sure Mimi will come by to remind you to have your vit d. level checked..

Anyway..I just wanted to stop by and say welcome.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to harleyheart's response:
Hello harleyheart and welcome. MiMi in NC. Sorry that you are dealing with so much....this illness stinks. I don't think any of us ever *expect* to face what we find having to deal with. I know that I certainly didn't. There are some days when I still have to stop and wonder exactly how I got stuck with dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

I got sick right after I had my 1st left hand carpal tunnel surgery. (one of 7). The surgeon had to do a lot more on my wrist/hand than he expected to do. I ended up with 2 pins sticking out from my arm cast where he had to graft some bone to fill in the hole where he took my cyst from. He had no idea just how deep it was. He had weaken my wrist from withdrawing the bone and he then had to put it back together with pins. I ended up having to wear the cast for over 9 weeks. This took a long time for it to completely heal. I woke up about 3 weeks after surgery one morning and thought I was getting the flu. I hurt all over my body. The feeling never cleared up.

It seemed like I faced one thing after another. I ended up having parathyroid surgery and cervical (neck) surgery, elbow surgery and a total of 7 surgeries on my hands. (2 of which had to be repaired from where I fell outside and broke each wrist-thank goodness it was not at the same time). Only after I fell though did my wrists and hands finally got so much better. My pain finally eased off after I recovered. I could hardly believe this.

I guess this is why I think that our hands in fact have something to do with the illness. Both of my hands are still weak from what I have had to deal with. I do not think they will regain the strength that I once had though now.

I also have the chronic fatigue which I have not found anything that has helped it.

I have had hip injections and both knee injections several times.

Have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked? If not, then I would certainly encourage you to do so. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. You can do some research to find out more about just how important Vitamin D is.

I hope you will also check out the info here under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure that you will soon find the *right combination of tools* which will help you cope better.

You are correct in having a positive attitude. Another thing is learning how to pace, pace and pace even more. This is a hard issue to figure out but once you know just how much you can do then things do get easier. We, FMers, must learn how not to cross our line.

I hope things get better soon for you.

Hang in here and take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

reddwolf responded:
tabbybrn I live in the tri cities sadly your post is from 5 yrs ago

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.