Skip to content
Thursday Morning Check-in!
debw216 posted:
Good morning FMily!! A little after 6 am here in Michigan. Been up now for about 3 hours! Also, a little chilly here and supposed to have thunderstorms today. Calling for 2-3 inches of rain too!

I have a appt to see my new Rheumy today. This will be my 2nd appt with him. I just love this guy.... He was so nice to me and he took time to explain everything to me. I consider myself so lucky, to have him and my PCP, as my Drs! Been seeing my PCP, since she first opened her practice, in 1986. So I really feel for anyone, that has a hard time finding the right Dr for them.....

We will probably talk about the Lyrica, that he prescribed for me about 6 weeks ago. I really havn't felt much of a difference since I started taking it . At first, I felt very drowsy during the first week or so. But now, I don't feel anything at all. I take 75 mgs in the morning, then another 75mgs in the evening.

After Drs visit, I am off to the SS office to change my address with them. Moving day is Sunday, so I had to go yesterday to rent a storage unit. Geez.... $100.00 a month, it will cost me!

Thats it for now! Hope everyone has a great day, and of course a pain free day, as well!

((((soft hugs)))) to all.....
DebW

krb005 responded:
Morning Everyone!! Hey Deb how about doing Ohioans a favor and keep your weather up there? ;) Cold, rainy, good possibility of thunderstorms here too!! Doesn't feel like it's ever going to warm up and dry out!! Sure would help me out if it did!! :-p

Great minds must think alike! I'm off to see my FM Doc later this morning. I really like him too. Nothing off limits. Been seeing him for about 6 or 7 years now.

Not a whole lot planned after DR.s. Furbabies and I are going to hang out and putter around the house cleaning. Maybe make some brownies later. Shall I make double for everyone?

Do not envy the move!! Told DH when we moved in here if we move again this house is being sold furnished!! I'll take him, furbabies, our clothes, pics and computer. Everything else stays!! Just take it easy on Sunday ok?

Warm thoughts and soft hugs for my fmily!
K.

Dollbug replied to krb005's response:
Morning FMily.......MiMi in NC....where the sun is shining and we are going to have a nice day.....it is a bit cooler....but I am ok with that also. I am thinking that it is going to be a very dry season. The grass and ground is so very dry.

Here is hoping every one has a good day.....I hope each of you can find some "sunshine" in your corner of the world today.

I slept really good last night....for a change and I feel good today. So I hope I can get some things done.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our FMily recently. I hope that you too will feel right at home here. It is a good place to learn a lot about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....and how to cope and make this journey better each and every day.

Take care..

MiMi

debw216 replied to krb005's response:
Awwwww..... But K, we so like to share....yes, even our weather! (grin)

Thanks, and good luck at your appt today!

Anjl26 replied to debw216's response:
Good morning FMily! It's yet another rainy, dreary, chilly day here in MN. They keep saying the sun and warmth will start coming back this weekend. I sure hope so.

I'm restocking my fishtank a bit this week. Petsmart has cichlids on sale if anyone has a tank. Warning.. they are fairly mean. LOL I have a bully pleco that has killed all my other fish twice, so my plan is to put some aggressive fish in there with him. :)

I'm planning to get outside this weekend, if the forecast for better weather holds true. I need to clean up and get all my pots put back in to place. If the weather is nice, I can find all sorts of little things to do that can keep me outside. LOL

Nothing too exciting today. We're having a pot luck lunch here at work which is always yummy. We have some good cooks in our group.

Grampa_Bear replied to Anjl26's response:
Shhhh...we've got this bright object in the sky here...the natives are getting restless...there's talk of sacrifice in the inner circles. May have to head for the caves at the western mountains soon.

Jim

fibroinsd responded:
I didn't read these...don't have time...I am off to sub for p.e. I will check in this afternoon...hope everyone has a good day.

cece

cattlebarroness09 responded:
Ya'll can send the rain and cooler temps to Texas, we are cooking and in yet aother drought.

Hope you doctor's visit goes great and you enjoy he rest of the day.

Shar

Foxgrove responded:
Well today is actually shaping up to be a pretty OK day. My migraine broke last night!!!! HORRAY!!! 14 days!! One of my longest ever. I just KNEW it would end eventually!!

Now I can come out of my room and wear normal glasses again and read and go on the computer instead of dictating everything.. It's MARVELOUS!!!

The weather finally changed and it looks like it's going to get nicer and nicer heading into the weekend. It's a bit cool this morning but it feels nice to have the windows open and a cool breeze blowing in my room.

So glad to hear each of your stories. You have been in my constant prayers, carrying me through the past couple of weeks. Thank you for all those prayers that you have sent.. I know I didn't post about what was going on.. couldn't really.. but I felt prayers lifting me up constantly.

So today's goal is to find the trigger points that are making my eyes so blurry and tiring me out so fast when I read or try to concentrate on anything.

Blessings and peace.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ BIG brother hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Fox

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Morning from Canada~

Was in bed all day yesterday. Not fun.

Hope your doc appointment goes well. Maybe the Lyrica dose will be increased?

Cloudy right now, a light rain...was supposed to be sunny. (?!) Temp going to 60* today. And going up and up...to 82* next week! Woohoo! I say that now...but truth is the *hot temp wears me out even more. I'll be flat on my face passed out in the backyard!

krb005 responded:
Trust me Deb! This kinda weather you really dont have to share. Honestly you dont. Unless you want to help me send it down to Shar?

Tell you what - I just caught a glimpse of Jims bright shiny object in the sky. If I send some up to you could you send the storms headed my way tonite out over Lake Erie?

I musta sent that shiny object up cause it disappeared already! :-D

Warm thoughts & soft hugs
K.

Wolfsong452 responded:
checking in here, didn't sleep well, for some unknown reason

ha ha!

yeah right!

anyway,

for some strange reason, when I do get to sleep, I sleep until around 9 am. This is almost starting to be NORMAL for me. YET, we all know, a real job, won't let you sleep that late.

Yet, thinking, if I go to bed at 11 pm, and finally get to sleep around 2 pm, or later, then the 9 am thingy, is about right.

hmm,

thinking maybe I need to go to bed at 6 pm?

ha hahha!

gotta cut my grass today, it's almost knee high. I was going to get the neighborhood kids, but today is Soccer practice and Friday is the game.

This weekend, is supposed to be ALL RAIN!

So, I guess I"m going to attempt it myself.

How this will effect my gall bladder I don't know,

I don't go back for a recheck until the 18th.

They didn't say anything about lawn mowers, they only said a 15 pound weight restrictions for 1 month.

Mothersnature responded:
Hi Deb
I was dignosed with FM over 2 years ago. I saw an ad for Lyrica and asked my dr. I hadn't felt that good physically in almost 20 years! I'm not well educated in all variants involved with treating FM or other conditions you may also be experiencing however, my initial thought when I read your post was maybe lyrica or lyrica alone isn't right for you. I also suffer depression and was given cymbalta as well. I am just now seeing cymbalta being a recognized treatment for fm as well. Good for you to keep asking until you find the dr that will help!

Mothersnature replied to Foxgrove's response:
Fox
I too have suffered migraines and found after treating them with self injections and identifying stresses in my life, I no longer need the treatments. I know long time sufferers and it is a huge challenge just to get up. Good luck to you. I hope you have a great md, you can talk to and trust to help with this. if not don't give up contact your insurance carrietr andtstart meeting docs until you find one that will help!

fibroinsd responded:
Well, I made it back from the sub job. It was nice...the people there are so so nice to me...It was sunny and hot and dry..and I am wiped out...so I am headed to the couch.

cece

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.