Skip to content
Hi all I have to ask a favor
teddybear200 posted:
I know I have not been with you long, many of you been together for years me it's been only a couple of months. All of you on this board are like family and you made me feel welcomed into it.

With that said, if it is not a problem I need a favor or prayers or special thoughts, well wishes or whatever it is you do.

I began a liquid diet on Friday to prepare for a clear liquid diet beginning yesterday. On Friday the 21st @ 2pm I will be having my large colon removed or getting a colostomy. The colon surgery is 4 hrs. If my Neurologist does not think I could handle it she will recommend a colostomy which only takes max 2 hrs.

What ever they choose I will be okay with it, I just need the support to deal with all this ahead of time if you don't mind. I know you are all going through much already so that is why I hesitated to ask.

I was on another board and I was ask to go to another site for questions and support. I don't have questions regarding the surgery I know what to expect I just need the support. Thanks for reading Deb G.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MTempleton0801 responded:
Hi Deb,

Oh I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I have also been here for a short period of time and I'm telling you, you came to the right place!!

Please let us/me know if you need anything. My thoughts and prayers are with you...please let us know how everything is going.

~Mindy

Dollbug responded:
Hello Deb.....I can not speak for anyone else....but I will certainly keep you in my prayers....I do know that not everyone has the same "feelings and/or opinions" about praying or anything else for that matter....but I am one who definitely believes in GOD and in prayers....

I do not think you should hestitate to ask at all....for those who can not or do not wish to participate....then they can skip over your request....

I personally think that everyone in America should be asking for guidance and direction for our country and those around the world also....I personally think praying is a very good thing and I happen to know from experience that GOD does perform miracles and answers our prayers also....

May GOD comfort Deb G at this time in her life....May GOD be with her and give her strength during her surgery and the recovery.....May GOD also guide and direct the medical people who will assist in her care....May GOD bless her...

Good luck Deb.....prayers and thoughts are will you....

Please let us know how you are doing....when you can...

MiMi

Grampa_Bear responded:
Hi Deb,

Will definitely keep you in my thoughts...I've been through 3 of them, Sygmoid Colon, then a third of my large intestine, and then another third (divertiulitis).

The only really bad part was afterward, my doc used the staples to hold things together on my skin, and coughing is really amazing....not fun...of course, that's what they want you to do is cough.

Hope all goes very smoothly for you.

Jim

from1952 responded:
You have my prayers, my good thoughts, and my loving support for having to go through this type of surgery, surgery at all for that matter. Know that with this board, there will be many many giving you support.

As one of our members puts it, Gentle hugs (((( ))))

Anita in Tucson

fibroinsd responded:
Oh Deb, please don't worry about asking for prayers and good thoughts...That is what we are here for !

You will be in my prayers. I will be praying that the surgery goes well and that you are soon on your way to recovery. I know this isn't easy.

cece

jazzeesmom responded:
I am sorry you are dealing with this....and you sound as if you have come to terms with whatever the outcome is...I just wanted to let you know that you will be in my prayers. Please update us on this....Just know that you are in the Lords hands.

With Love, Hugs and Prayers to you,
Mary

pnaturegirl responded:
Sending prayers and soft hugs your way! :wink:

alispazz responded:
Deb

You can always get my prayers, so never feel like you can't ask.

You are so strong... I mean that with all my heart.. a colostomy scares the heck out of me...I could not get my mind wrapped around it 15 yrs ago and I still can't

Oh and if you know how to stick your tounge out cyber type..tthen go tell those others ...we are family, all my sisters, bros and me.. wee would never tell you to go anywhere when you need us.

Big Hug

Ali

Socialwrkr responded:
Deb, you are most certainly in my prayers. I'm so glad you felt you could come here with this and I know you will have many folks sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Please let us know how you are doing after your surgery, when you are able.

All my best

Aimee

ednaroberts1978 responded:
Deb,

I am sending lots of good thoughts your way. I hope your surgery goes well and that you are able to recover as quickly as possible. I am sorry that you are having to deal with this as well.

Edna

rednewbie responded:
Deb,
I have crohns and lots of complications from it. I have already had one resection and I have some idea what you are going through. If you want to talk my email is orbitgina16@yahoo.com . Please note, you have my prayers. I am sending you a big hug, and know you are not alone.
Hugs honey..
You have my thoughts and prayers.
Gin

krb005 responded:
Oh Deb!
Soooo sorry your going thru this!! I can't do as much as I used to but praying for you will be easy!! Glad to do it. Makes me happy to help anyone this way!!
Please keep us posted on how your doing--- once you feel up to it that is!!
Take Care!!
Warm thoughts & soft hugs!!
K.

KAO103 responded:
Deb,

Healing thoughts are with you. I am sorry you have to be going through such a surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

This really seems to be the place to turn for encouraging words. I am new here myself and have found everyone to be friendly and caring, I'm glad I can return that to someone.

Take care,

K

pocotaz replied to KAO103's response:
Deb,

It looks like you came to the right site to write this-- you have alot of caring people here an anytime you need a lift --please feel free to join us.

I will also keep you in my prayers and hope all goes well for you-- this is not an easy thing to go through emotionally -- but you seem to understand the need for it and it also sounds like you have a great doctor to get you fixed.

Sorry you have yet another thing to deal with and it can get pretty tough to hold a full plate so if you need s we are here. Let us know how things went after surgery when you feel better.

The most important thing here is to take good care of you and rest -- we will be waiting...

Hugs.......Linda

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.