Skip to content
Monday Morning check in
alispazz posted:
Good Morning FMily...

It is Monday and a holiday and I am tired of trying to sleep. The cold I picked up from the Grandkids is still giving me fits...I croup all the time, and feel just drained...don't know what to do at this time to make it better, I have a sneaking suspicion that all my tricks aren't working

The good news is DH has picked 11 quarts of fresh strawberries in 3 days...lol.. well I guess it is good, for me it is the beginning of canning season, I have taken stock and we went through a lot of food with everyone here. So it will be making small batches of Jam, and setting some of them aside for Icecream.

It was so hot here yesterday that with the cold and other things I stayed indoors and out of the heat and humidity.,we did go out with friends to eat late at a mexican restaurant, they had the ac up so high I hurt trying to eat,,so I bought my salad home.

Hope those who have to work this week, find a whole lot less stress in what they have to do.

For all I will pray a much happier and pain free week.
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL

Hugs
Ali

Anjl26 responded:
Good morning FMily! Ali, we've had that hot sticky weather but the cold front came thru last evening. We had some pretty good storms but the temp this morning was 50.

It was crazy... we had 92 degrees before it started raining. The cold front passed and we dropped to 68 degress.. in 30 minutes.

I too have some strawberries that are almost ripe. The cover I rigged up has been effective in keeping the birds out.

I'm at work this morning. I was awake at 5:30 so figured what the heck. I'm planning less than 4 hrs then out of here to enjoy the rest of the day.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

booch007 responded:
Morning Ali,

Sorry to hear of the cold...they are the worst. Why can't we get the dang thing figured out...and have a viral fix?? It is so sad.

I posted my own a.m. note so not much here to say........

I will hope for a quick reprieve to breathing and sleeping soon..........Hugs, Nancy B

alispazz replied to Anjl26's response:
Yes Sharon I know and then according to our weather guy we are to have much cooler and less humid week...

So hang in there Penny..it will be you way tomorrow..
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

doodlesnana responded:
Good Morning Ali

I'm so sorry that your sick I hope you feel better soon, coughing hurts our bodies so much and sneezing owee!

Won't be doing much today just bbq the kids will do everthing, so I can just relax I want to catch up on reading my bible.

It's going to be hot here I can't handle the hot weather with the meds I take It soes'nt take long to start feeling woozie, don't need to pass out!

I hope everyone enjoys their day, stay cool and pain free.

Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs

Vicky

dollbug responded:
Hello Ali and FMily......MiMi in NC...where it is going to be another nice hot day....I sure hope you will get better soon...

Homemade ice cream.....OMG....I have made pineapple/coconut and banana so far this season....Yum...
I want to try some different kinds....I am always putting together things to try...and I tell my family....I have no idea what this is going to taste like....try it...so far...so good though...

I have a broken body thermostat....or so it seems...I can be sweating so bad and then all of a sudden I am having cold chills...FM I am sure kicking it ugly tail at me...I think it is always something with us FMers....

Remember to pace, pace and pace....I hope you will feel better soon....and I hope your shoulder (?) is better....

Take care and good luck with all of your canning....

MiMi

MagPrincess replied to dollbug's response:
Morning Everyone

I hear you on the tired of sleeping. I feel like I should be catching up but i am so tired of it! LOL

We are off to a memorial day picinic.

Miss Maggie is wearing a tshirt that says A Marine is my hero!

Its not even noon here and already we are at eighty degrees....... Can we say Lemonade time?

jamesii responded:
Jim from Ark. checking in. It is going to be hot today with chances of thunderstorms- be like that all week. it is so hard to plan anything with the weather so out of whack.

Not a lot planned today. we had our big family b b q sun afternoon. Our family all showed up except 1 grand kid; her mom sneaked off to tx with her for 2 weeks. didn't even tell her dad they were going. But, we had a great day eating, visiting, and swimming in our pool.

Today I am invited to an annual b b q cookout at one of our chuch members house. They do it evey year and have a big inground pool. A lot of our chuch folks show up for it. I have not decide yet if I will go. Three of my grand kids will be there, I enjoy going and spending time with them. The eating is a hazard for me, I tend to get sick from certain types of food.

I have made mental notes of things I can't eat and try to avoid those. Iff not, I pay dearly for it.

Oh well, hope yall all have a great day.

Jim

TCL38 responded:
Ali,

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well! I wish I had some magic for you but I can't get my own vertigo to leave me no matter what I do so I'm afraid I won't be much help. Feel better! And if you can't feel better at least find some time to center yourself and get just a little peace.

And 11 quarts of strawberries...OMGOSH YUMMMMMMM!!!!!

Love ya girl!

Tanya

TCL38 responded:
Mornin' FMily!

My first awake moment was at 5 a.m. to someone singing "I'm coming home, I"m coming home" through the phone. Say it with me...awwwwww how cute! LOL As soon as we said goodbye I promptly returned to my Percoset-induced stupor for three and a half more hours. LOL For those of you paying attention we're at 30 hours to go! And he'll be traveling for 25 of those hours. UGH poor guy! But...deep breath...he'll be home and everything I know now will change. WOW!

Today's plan is to keep busy. I have a lot to do so I"m just going to pace myself through it. I'm going to start with the "must-do" tasks and work my way down to the "I won't die if this doesn't get done" tasks.

Other than that, I have nothing planned other than some Memorial Day food with my kids. And I'm really craving my cinnamon cake for some reason so I'll take some time to make one later this afternoon.

Happy Memorial Day FMily!

Tanya

CORYSGIRL30 replied to TCL38's response:
Morning from Canada~

Yup, been awol again...3 weeks this time? We just had rain for the last 4 days. Saturday was the worst. The Red River is back up to flood levels. The gov't opened up the floodway gates to divert some of the water. (This usually only happens at winter thaw.) Winds were 65mph. The town of Emerson at the Canadian/US border is underwater.

Aside from being soggy...kid#1 is still sick(3 weeks now), and kid #3 turned 8 last week. I'm totally drained.

Hope to be back more often to catch up with you all! Miss you!

fibroinsd responded:
I am up...and DH and I watched Crazy Heart this morning..It was good.Well done.

Tonight we are having hamburgers, with DS #1, and my parents...maybe my daughter..and celebrate Ds #1's graduation. Dear Son #2 is so happy he was the first to graduate college and beat DS #1...but DS #1 (do I have you confused yet?) did beat DS #2 at getting a job !!! Anyway...It will be hamburgers and fries (I think) and strawberry shortcake !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.