Skip to content
Blood work/banding procedure
jamesii posted:
Hi to the family. I had an appt. with GI dept. today. I am scheduled to have hemorrhoid banding procedure done wed. morning. I had that done before, that was in 02. It lasted for 8 years. I hope this one last even longer.

They put a scope inside, suck the swollen vein into the scope, hit a trigger and a very small rubber band pops off. It shuts off the blood supply and the hem. vein dies and falls off. A couple of days of slight discomfort and it is all over with. For that problem, it is the only way to go.

I am taking the omega 3 capsule, ground flax seed and cinnamon with my cereal. 500mg niacin capsule per day. I don't eat beef or pork. I eat chicken, turkey, and fish. Results: cholesterol is perfect, triglycerides are now normal after being veruy high for over 30 years. I was happy with the results that I received today.

Watch your diet, take the right supplements, and exercize and you will be rewarded.

Ark. Jim

Dollbug responded:
Hello Jim......MiMi in NC.....I sure hope all goes well with your surgery on Wednesday....and I hope you will get a long time from this surgery....

I am glad you have found something to help with the cholesterol problem also...

Take care and good luck.....thoughts and prayers will be with you....and I hope recovery is short....

May GOD comfort Jim throughout this surgery and be with the medical people who assist him....

MiMi

pnaturegirl responded:
Good luck Jim! :wink:
Fear is a most effective tool in killing the soul of a indivual and a people.

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Hi Jim!!

Sure hope it works for ya. Good luck! :)

fibroinsd responded:
I will be thinking of you...ow...ow....ow....ow...!!! Hope it goes well.!

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Fibrosarah responded:
OK, Jim, a little story, maybe a little laugh for you. Maybe embarassing for me, but!!

I had some problems, and after a colonoscopy, the GI told me I had internal hemmoroids, and when they were "ripe" he would do the rubber band procedure.

Same info, they dry up and fall off. So me with my sense of humor, go back with the info to my PCP, who I had been going to for many years.

I told him, I had a worry or concern, What came to my mind,what if I bent over, and one snapped out, and I hit a target.

I swear, he laughed so hard he couldn't stand up. He was hanging onto the counter in the room. Said that was the first time he was presented with a concern like that, and he would never forget it.

BTW, I've never had the banding, so do not know what happens when they dry up and fall off. Do they go to hemmroid heaven?

I know, sick sense of humor here. But good luck with you procedure. Congrats with the cholesteral levels, etc.

alispazz responded:
Hugs Jim and Good Luck...will be thinking about you....

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

larmarus responded:
Hi Arkansas Jim--

Congrats on the cholesterol and triglyceride levels. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Good Luck o Wednesday and hope you feel well soon.

Soft Hugs----Marianne

pocotaz replied to Fibrosarah's response:
OMG..Cece..way to Funny... thank goodness you have a great sence of humor !!!!

Hugs.............Linda

Booch007 responded:
Jim, I didn't hear any roughage in that list??? Keep yourself *very regular, our meds can be constipating and it will only help to bring on the hemm.......and those buggers are a bummer.

I used to tell people, the old surgery for hemorrhoidectomy years ago was actually more painful than open heart surgery...

Oh to sit.....in OHS everything is put back the way God tended it to be. But the BUTT......very sensitive territory!!

Good luck, the procedures of today are so much better, but they are still procedures.

Colace, colace, colace.........stool softeers can do so much.
Hugs from NY.................Nancy B
Oh we used to put tucks pads in the fridge and you just tap that up there and sit on it....Ahhhhhh....(just in case). :)

Booch007 replied to Booch007's response:
Sarah..............I am wetting my pants !! I also have never heard of this from a patient. YOU are a gem.

I miss you and Daun had this kind of tilted mind that puts a left spin to things that go right usually!!!! Love ya, Nancy B

Dollbug replied to Booch007's response:
I love it.....this FMily is absolutely GREAT.....

It is good to know that we can all share anything......

(well, almost anything)

LOL....LOL....LOL....LOL....

MiMi

debw216 replied to Fibrosarah's response:
LOL..... And she shoots, and she scores!!! Too funny!!

debw216 responded:
Good going, on the cholesterol and triglycerides! Jim, just wanted to say that I will be thinking of you on Wed! Ouch....ouch...ouch....well, ok maybe not. (grin)

DebW : )

Daffyd3031 responded:
Jim,

Good luck with the surgery on Wednesday.

Also - congrats on the cholesterol and triglycerides!!!

Hugs,

Patti

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.