Skip to content
Crying in agony.....
Lish2007 posted:
Hello everyone..i just had to vent today. I"m in soo much pain right now! I'm sitting here at work, not hardly even able to wear my clothes because they hurt. I have my heating pad but it's just not big enough- i'm in tears here at my desk and trying to answer phones and type...ARGH!!! There's no sense in going home, i'm already here and i'll feel like this whether i'm home or at work... It's a dull ache, then a stabbing, then sharp achy- all over my legs, arms, wrists, sometimes moves around in my face..My jaw was bad yesterday.

Thanks everyone for listening and being there, i just needed to talk to someone who knows what i'm talking about and what i'm going thru!!

Love all~ soft hugs~ Alicia

Dollbug responded:
Hello Alicia.....MiMi in NC....I am not sure if I have "talked" to you...so what do you take for your FM pain? It is so hard for me to keep up with this group....we are growing by leaps and bounds....so I will ask you....have you asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D level yet? If not....then please do this as soon as you possible can.....low Vitamin D is common in us FMers....and can cause additional pain for us...

I have learned how to "control my FM pain" by taking vitamins and supplements....I take magnesium and malate combination supplements, Vitamin D, Calcium, Omegas, and Super B Complex...but others....as I also have multipe health issues....but these are the ones which help me the most...

I have chronic fatigue that I have not been able to find anything to help yet....but I continue to try different things for it also....I hope one day to happen on something that will help it also...

When and if you have time....be sure and review the info under Tips and Resources....especially member toolbox and nutrition and vitamins.....some very good info....and you might find something that perhaps you have not tried....

I think we have all been there and done that....feeling miserable and not knowing what to do....but I know that there is something that will also help you....you just have to figure out what it is....everything takes a trial and error process...which does take time and effort....

Here is hoping you will feel better soon....take care and good luck...

MiMi

Socialwrkr responded:
Oh Alicia

It is so hard to do the things we need to do. I SO admire that you are pushing through and being strong. Certainly not easy and it would be so understandable for you to go home to rest in peace. Don't push yourself too hard, remember you come first!

I hope you get relief very very soon
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee

Lish2007 replied to Dollbug's response:
Thanks MiMi- i am going to get my Vit. D level checked in early July, i have made an appt. I have tried several things as far as meds go and between not working and side effects i haven't found anything that seems to work.

I'm actually starting Savella today. I will see how that goes.
I have been taking 3 50mg tablets 3x's daily of Tramadol for almost a year now and my dr says just keep on doing that and he added on Savella. I had to stop Gabapentin because it makes me nausious even with food.

I use heat pads, i do yoga when i feel good. One thing i can't seem to manage is my stress level, i get such high anxiety anymore. Everything just sends me thru the roof- i'm so sensitive to light, sound and i loose my balance all the time and that just frustrates me. I don't mean to keep on venting but it does help some. Thank you!!!

Hope you are doing well!
Alicia

Lish2007 replied to Socialwrkr's response:
Thank you Aimee- you have kind words and will try and remember that!!

Alicia

Irmouse responded:
Hi Alicia. I am really sorry that this is such a bad day. We have all had those really bad hurt everywhere days so we understand. I wish I had an suggestion for you that you haven't tried, but am sure that you have your own list of what helps this and what helps that. Sadly Fibro 'fixes" are not a One Size Fits All. ;(
Right now I am having shoulder pain and my skin feels like it's on fire, I put on Capzasin HP and it helps. If you haven't tried it perhaps you might try it.
Wish I could be of more help.
Linda R.

Lish2007 replied to Irmouse's response:
Hi Linda- i'm sorry to hear your hurting to :( It's not a fun deal. I do have a few things that help with certain things, however today it's just not cutting it. I've never heard of Capzasin HP..is it a cream or a pill? Thank you for your concern.

Hope your day gets better.
Alicia

pnaturegirl responded:
Hang in there girl!

I gotta go clean a house in a short while and I am hurting but gotta push forward!

The heat is miserable and cleaning I get hot to which doe snot help!

Vent all ya want, It does help and is much needed!

Your not alone though!!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
My facebook Dysautonomia/Pots page is called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots You can go there to learn more about this and the Fibro connection or catch me here on Fibro Exchange.

debw216 responded:
Oh you poor thing!! I feel for you!! Please, after work go home and try and get some rest. Maybe a hot bath?

When my body hurts like this... I describe it as feeling like, my whole body feels like a tooth ache. Throbbing, burning and stabbing pains to the point that it actually hurts to even touch my skin. Even my eye lids hurt sometimes! I also describe it, as feeling like you have the flu...whole body aches...etc.

You may want to talk to your Doc, about giving you something a little stronger for times like this.

Its hard to even try and concentrate to work, when you're in so much pain.

I hope you feel better soon!!

(huge gentle hug)
DebW

Tuned2fm responded:
Alicia,

I am disabled now but I remember what it was like trying to work through a severe pain day. If you can try standing for a while and moving around, that's what I used to do. Have you considered one of those chair massagers with heat. I had one at my desk and it helped somewhat.

Hope as the afternoon the pain eases for you and you feel much better. Take care.

Gentle hugs,

Sheila

Lish2007 replied to Tuned2fm's response:
Thanks everyone for your concern- it helps to know i'm not alone.
The pain has eased (Very slightly) this afternoon, but it's still bad in my legs and i'm extrememly fatigued.

I have a heating pad at work, but i think i need like 3 or 4 more....LOL

Well anyway, thanks again for your advice and words.
Alicia

kathyandzoe replied to Tuned2fm's response:
hi. i can't seem to keep up with this.forum.it helps me to vent. i am the queen of venting.i can't tell you,Alicia how much i feel for you. i send love to you. describe how you feel today as well as many others to your dr. i finally got up the courage to ask my dr. for some strong pain medication.that was a long time ago. right now i take lortab and percocet--not together but by trading back and forth and only taking it when i can feel the pain coming. my drs. suggested that i not wait until the pain is bad before i take something for pain. they said it won't work as well once the pain is full blown. i asked them how the heck can i tell i'm going to hurt before i hurt.they told me that i better learn. that made me pretty angry. but i have learned.i am seldom wrong at least most of the time. i tell my husband that it is like a train coming up behind me about to overtake me. i've had many years to learn this. i can go days without anything and then there it is again.without that level of pain relief i would cut out about 3/4ths of my activity. there's nothing like bad pain to bring on the wipe outs.ibuprofen helps me alot but the pain in my stomach is so bad if i take it more than once in awhile.i take alot of other meds. i hadn't been taking any seizure meds for a long time. my dr. put me on gabapentin. it changed my evenings especially by so much. capsaisin works but better on my arthritus. please please start with a very little amount! and don't get it mixed up with your vaginal medication!! i can't believe i did that. i kind of disagree with the people who said you just have to push on through every day. some days that's right and others it can put you down in a hole for a long time. that's my experience anyway. i have the chronic fatigue part pretty bad. today i am so mad i can't go do the things i planned.i had to get shower seat out to get clean and lay down to get over that exertion.if i were to push on with my plans it would not be a good thing--pain wise and deep down ugly tired-wise. let me say i don't work and i'm sure that makes a difference. without my husbands support--both ways i would be on disability. and i have had this a long time. there were many years of pushing past the pain or exhaustion. i still do it alot but sometimes giving in is what i need. like today i am having a big battle over what i want to do and what i can. i've been so angry,really so sad.i can't seem to deal well with the fatigue. actually reading really helps. i think i will go do that. i will be thinking about you alicia and praying that your pain is easing. at least you can go home soon and crawl into the tub or the bed. at least i hope you can. it's amazing what you let go of doing on the bad days and nothing horrible happens. kathy

kathyandzoe replied to kathyandzoe's response:
sorry. i forgot all about paragraphs and spacing and not writing a book when i write. and where's the spelling check? i've totally forgotten how to spell.

Lish2007 replied to kathyandzoe's response:
LOL- it's okay Kathy;
Thank you for your help. I think i will need to crawl into bed when i get home and just pull the covers over me (wait the covers hurt) :(
Well i'll lay there and just not move for the evening.

Alicia

Irmouse replied to Lish2007's response:
It's a cream. It is helpful for Fibro skin pain. Well its helpful for me. U Can get @ Walgreens, CVS or WallyWorld. Doens't cost much.
If I've helped you feel any better than my day will be better.
Linda R.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
196 of 213 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.