Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Morning FMily!!!
CORYSGIRL30 posted:
Just checking in. I know, it's been how long this time??? I just figured I had nothing to contribute, was feeling low & useless...Now I know I need this support group a little more often than I have been.

Been spending many days in bed, or plastered to the couch. Lyrica is now available in low-dose here in Canada. So I'm trying it at 25mgs, then increasing to 50mg and so forth. I was previously on it 2 years ago when the lowest dose available was 75mg pills. Lets just say the results were horrible. Too many awful side effects.

I go for my 1st MRI on Thursday. This one is for my low back, where I have bulging discs. They've probably exploded by now...good 'ol gov't health care for ya...It has it's ups & downs...

My 2nd MRI is scheduled for July 27th. That one is for my neck. The nerve doc believes I have blocked nerves or something. I burned my arm the other day, and I couldn't even feel it. It also goes numb, etc. And I have no reflexes in that arm.

My regular doc was floored when I told her my LTD co. wants me to consent to vocational rehab. She will not give consent for it. So I'm saying no. I spend 4 days playing half-dead...and barely move the rest of the week.

I now have a touchphone with internet...So I have bookmarked this page. Aren't you all in for a treat. LOL Now I can get on here from bed! Or the floor...or wherever I may land.

Have missed you guys, I sure have some catching up to do!!!!!

jacksgramma responded:
~Hi old friend,

I too have been absent for a very long time until yesterday. I'm sorry that you are having such a hard go of it.

Your post represents why we Americans should fight national healthcare. I sure wish that our President would read more of what you and other peoples of other countries with national healthcare have to go through.

~hugs,

Lori

pnaturegirl responded:
Glad to see ya back here! You have been sorely missed, No pun intended! :wink:
Check out both my facebook page called, This crazy thing called pots Now, Also WebMds exchange called Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange. Hoping to bring more awareness and friendships to this issue!

cattlebarroness09 responded:
Glad you are back and able to come visit us more often.

Hope you feel better.

Shar in Tx.

fibroinsd responded:
About time you got back here !!! :) :) So sorry you have been having a rough go of it..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelldakota responded:
and stubborness...

I have a migrain hitting again so I am going to go lie down... take care and I hope you feel better soon...

bless you... luv jan/angelldakota

angelldakota replied to angelldakota's response:
I don't know why but I lost over half of my message up above... it was good but I can't handle repeating it now... friend take care and pace and rest well and get better...

my migraine is another fast one... so I have to go... I will pray for you... bless you

luv jan/angelldakota

Foxgrove responded:
JULIE'S BACK!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Welcome home sis!!! We've missed you something terrible round here!! Thank you for coming home

I hear you COMPLETELY about not being able to do much in the past couple of months. The weather has been absolutely horrible.. the best I have been able to do is about 2 hours not lying down.. most of that was spent either praying for when I could lie down or attempting to lie down while sitting up..

Ain't life intersting. :D Sorry to hear LTD is being a pain for you. Why are they thinking that vocational rehab is going to help you?? As I was getting ticked thinking about this, I remembered that this was exactly what my insurance company requested at one point.

The way that we dealt with it was to take that information to my rheumatologist and my GP and have them write letters to the insurance folk explaining how this was not going to work and updating them on your level of functionality, the impact that it has on your ability to work, and the future outlook for your conditions. You also need to keep them updated on your continuing efforts to get better and the therapies that you aren't able to participate in and why.

This MAY be coming from their desire to get a better picture of how you are doig.. Kinda silly way to do it but we never said insurance companies were great communicators.

Keep us in the loop.. I'd like to be able to help.. If you'd like to take a look at what we have sent and see if anything will help you get the letters written in a way that will make them see the truth of the situation. Any help I can give you is yours freely and gladly. Let me know... ;)

SO good to see you out and about.. well virtually at least. Hope we can get the families together this summer. Be well..

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ BIG WELCOME HOME hugs }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.