Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cymbalta for FM
Pixe5 posted:
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has tried Cymbalta? My doc told me it would help with the pain and fatigue. I don't have a lot of pain but I am desperate for some relief from the fatigue. I no longer work because I am too tired to drive (I got into several accidents before I stopped driving). To top everything off I am very depressed (I have Bipolar Disorder, too) because I can't get out much. Please tell me if Cymbalta works, I am afraid of getting my hopes up!

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Hi there~

Cymbalta made my brain swell so bad the whites of my eyes were red and I couldn't hold my head up.

PLEASE be careful when trying ANY new med.

Dollbug responded:
Hello Pixe....MiMi in NC....what works for one may or may not work for another.....you have to try it and decide for yourself....I guess this has to do with the chemical makeup of our bodies.....

I have tried several different kinds of medicine....and Cymbalta was one of them....could not take any that I tried without a lot of side effects....so I have now learned how to "control my FM pain" with vitamins and supplements....and I will also tell you this much.....I have not found anything that has helped my chronic fatigue....so if you find anything that helps with fatigue....please share it with us...

I do hope that you have gotten your Vitamin D level checked....which is so very important....a simple blood test...but you MUST ASK your doctor to run the test...

Good luck and take care...

MiMi

Anjl26 responded:
Many people take Cymbalta or another antidepressant to help with their FM symptoms. If you look on the right side of the page, there's a section Related Drug Reviews. Cymbalta is tops on the list. You can read what others had to say about it.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

fibroinsd responded:
I took Cymbalta for about a year and a half. I loved it for so many reasons. I decided to go off it, to see if I can get my cholesterol to go down, and I am being reminded daily of all the things it helped.

The doctor should start you off with 30mg...which really didn't do much for me...but you should be able to tell if you have a problem with it at that level...

You have to try it to see if it will work for you.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

BamaNik responded:
Im bumping this back up because I know that there are several people on here who take Cymbalta and have had good results with it.....

I take Savella, which has worked well for me. Its the only drug Ive tried so far. Its an SNRI as well.

Hopefully other members will pop in here soon. Good luck :)

Nicole
Life is not waiting for the storm to pass...its about learning how to dance in the rain..

jeanniesweet responded:
hi!!!
I just wanted to give you my 2 cents!!I am currently on 60mg. of Cybalta and it seems to be working but I am also on a couple of other meds.so sometime it is the combo you are on also!!!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.