Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibro and Injury??
gordongirl12 posted:
I would really like to know how many of my Fibro Friends have had a injury /accident and thereafter diagnosed with the big FIBRO?

Take the Poll

How many of my FIBRO FRIENDS have sustained a injury prior to their diagnosis of the big Fibro plague?
  • I have had a accident injury prior to my FM diagnosis.
  • I have not had a accident/injury prior to my FM diagnosis.
vote
View Poll Results

Anjl26 responded:
Do you mean that seemes to have brought on the FM? Then my answer is no.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

larmarus responded:
When I was 20 I broke my kneecap and had to have surgery about a month later to correct it. Six months later I had to have surgery again on the same knee due to infection and rejection of the screw. Within two years of my knee surgery I received the diagnosis of FM along with a few others.

I don't know if the FM is related since I have had multiple orthopedic problems since birth and had had several major surgeries (most orthopedic, although tonsils and appendectomy came in too) prior to those knee surgeries. Some research says that any major trauma can be a trigger for FM. That trauma can be emotional or physical.

An_198909 responded:
5 months after my work related injury I was diagnosed with FM. Over 3 years later I'm still dealing with the "wonderful comp system". No stress right? Ughh

alispazz responded:
I think that I had a mild form of Fm prior to an accident...the accident exasperated it and then it got ugly.

Many more symptoms, beside the fatigue I now had pain everywhere and the headaches...OMG...
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

An_198910 responded:
I voted yes to having had an injury prior to my FM diagnosis, but it was actually a trigger that magnified my FM symptoms!

An_198911 responded:
I believe I was just about born with FM. My sister also has it and my dad exhibits all the symptoms. We all have the same sleeping patterns, common to FM: Having trouble falling asleep, then sleeping so lightly that every little noise, ache, and pain wakes you up. I slept like that even when I was a baby and its my theory that is the root of my FM.

An_198912 replied to An_198911's response:
Yes, I sure do think that we are probably born with FM!! Just today I said to my daughter " I think we were all born with the horrid Fibro!!"

My Mother, my self, my 17 year old son, my 29 year old daughter, and even my 2 year old granddaughter have symptoms of Fibro.

Definitly genetic, but can be triggered to a much stronger degree of symptoms.

fibroinsd responded:
Not sure what you mean by accident?? I had surgery for a hernia about 15 years ago..and that is when I thought everything started...but I did not get dx until about a year and a half ago.

The year before I got dx, I had a torn muscle near my ankle and I had surgery there, and to fix my bunion. The surgery made things worse than they were before..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Severe superflu virus...Had me knocked out for over 2 months...Took out my immune system, etc.

Foxgrove responded:
Well...that could be a very long story. I don't remember NOT hurting.. at least since my teen years. Injuries were part of my childhood.. I can't even count all of them. Let's just say the hospital was never surprised to see me and they knew my parents phone number by heart.

As for the real disaster.. I've been sick with MCS for over a decade now. Migraines and brain for were the most in-your-face symptom. In early '06, while recovering from a bad flu, I got trapped in a wedding ceremony with a massive migraine, afraid to make a scene. I was carried out and woke two days later with the excruciating pain of fibro.

So how do you classify this??

suswannaq responded:
Though I've exhibited symptoms (IBS, headaches, back pain, knee pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, depression/anxiety, insomnia, brain fog, etc) for all my life, it took a 4ft fall back in November 2009 to send me into a flare which led to my dx in March. Now, still in pain and surely addicted to Lortab. Good times. :P
Your strength is in how calmly, quietly, and peacefully you face life. Be kind to yourself and others.

karenrugs responded:
Although, I was in pain most of my life, my doctors mostly said it was from growing pains, anemia, falling, etc.

When I was officially dxed with fm, my rheumatologist said it was from working hurt for so long and my brain and muscles couldn't tell that my injury had been repaired. Thus the me/cfids/fm/lupus/etc.

Hugz,

Karen

gordongirl12 replied to An_198909's response:
just curious not NOSEY? What part of your body did u injure on the job?(neck or back?)

gordongirl12 replied to alispazz's response:
Was it a Motor vehicle accident? A slip and fall?

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.