Skip to content
Hump Day.....
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....and it is going to be another hot, hot day....was a really hot yesterday and they said for the next few days it will be really hot....

I hope everyone got the needed rest that we all need to allow our bodies to repair themselves...and I hope that today will be a good day with lots of sunshine in your corner of the world...

Welcome to the new people who recently joined our unique FM support group....where you will learn how to cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM...there is a great variety of people here and a lot of good info....as with a lot of things in life...living with this illness is a process and it takes a trial and error process to figure out what the body needs to cope better....but there is always hope for us...something is out there that will help each of you....you just have to find it...

Great info under the Tips and Resources to the right of this page...especially the member toolbox and nutrition and vitamins...I am sure you will find something that perhaps you have not tried...

Have a good Wednesday this June 23, 2010.....

MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA...
MAY GOD BLESS my FMily too...

MiMi

debw216 responded:
Good Morning MiMi and FMily....

Well, its been a few days, since I've been online. It seems that Sunday evening my brother decided that I didn't need the connector to my computer and ordered his son, to go into my room and get it. Oh boy, was I mad!!

I was standing in the kitchen around 10 pm, and had just woke up after sleeping for about 3 hours. I was not feeling well, and was running a fever (Lupus) and was in a considerable amount of pain. I was literally standing there saying, that I would get the connector, when my nephew totally ignorned me and went into my room!! Needless to say, that I was spitting nails!!

Now, yes I understand that my brother and I are suppose to "share" this connector. But the first 3 weeks, that I lived here I did not see my brother use his computer, not one time! So, I just assumed that when my brother wanted to use his, then he would just tell me and I would, of course, give the connector to him! Instead, he chose to just start yelling and screaming that the connector was "his" and it went to "his" computer therefore, he could "take" it whenever he wanted! (growl)

He just has to have total control, all the time. And talks down to me, as if I am 10 years old. Its just ridiculus...

I then asked him on Monday morning, if he was going to be getting on his computer that day, and he replied, "NO, my computer isn't working now." And I said to him, that mine was working fine and I really needed to use it. And he just gave me a blank stare.... On Tuesday, I asked him if he fixed the problem with his computer, and he said, "Yes."

So last night, I firmly stated to him that I needed to use my computer and again asked him if he was going to still need the connector and finally he said, to go ahead and use it, but when I was done I needed to re-connect it to his computer. I then asked him if he was going to be online last night, and he said, "No."

So, I explained to him that I would much rather use it either later in the evening or very early in the morning, since I wake up very early, sometimes...3-4 am...etc. And he said, to go ahead and keep it all night, (lucky me, I guess) but to make sure that I give it back to him in the morning.... (showing teeth, growl)

I simply cannot stand this anymore. This place is a cess pool... Literally every dish and every piece of silverware was dirty over the weekend. My brother ate a bowl of cereal last Thursday and the bowl sat on the living room floor, next to the couch, til Sunday with the milk in it, literally curdled!! There is no A/C here...oh there is, but it is broken, and he refuses to call the landlord to fix it because he doesnt want the high A/C bill. But he is on the budget plan!

I haven't told him yet, but I went to my daughters house yesterday and used her computer, and started looking for apt's. I asked my daughter, if I could count on the use of her car for another 6 months, (til I receive my 3rd installment of my SS) and she said, yes.... Im done...this will not work, and I am too sick to live here.

Had appt at my Rheumy's yesterday, and he wants me to see my PCP ASAP regarding the TIA's that Ive been having. So, will call today and try and figure out when I am able to get there... My daughter has appts of her own the rest of this week, so it will have to be sometime next week.

I do tell her, some things.... But she is so stressed over planning her wedding, that I just dont want to stress her any more. Literally every day, is planned out, on what she needs to get done. And since wedding cakes are so expensive, she and I are making a cup cake tree for the wedding, so we have been shopping for that. So, the wednesday before the wedding, we penciled on the calendar to make all of the cup cakes and to put the stand together and decorate it. Then she ordered a 6" round cake for the top.

Well, running out of room... LOL....
So, I hope that everyone has a beautiful and no pain day!

hugs to all!
DebW

Anjl26 replied to debw216's response:
Good morning FMily! IT stormed overnight and we're expecting more this morning. Still under storm and flash flood watches. I believe we need to begin building an ark and rounding up the animals soon.

The library book sale is this morning, so I'm taking off for an hour and going to it. I can't wait to get my hands on some new books, well new to me at least.

This afternoon I'll be attempting, for the fourth time, to do our data upload. Please keep your fingers crossed that it works this time. I am running out of time, patience and knowledge of the system/new things to try.

I think we're going out to dinner this evening. Not sure as DH generally makes the plans. I don't care where we go, I can always find something to eat. LOL Maybe that's part of my problem.

Anyways, a full day on tap. I noticed when I left the house this morning that some of my lilies are blooming. I'll have to get out with the camera for some more photos.

I've been spending much of my spare time looking for new garb for the Renaissance fair. The king is getting married, so that calls for fine attire. Or it's just an excuse to shop. I haven't found what I want reasonable yet.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

alispazz responded:
Good morning one and all

It will be still another hot and humid day in the Midwest...with ofcourse a chance of storms today and tonight....here we go again.

The concrete work around here is almost done...they have been working with the rain always in the background lurking and trying to ruin it...but so far so good...

I have cherry jam to make this morning and then who knows...I have no more appts with Doc's for 2 weeks...that is a good thing I'm thinking...So after Jam it will be work on house cleaning.

I have overdone it enough this week so I am determined to slow down a little.

Mimi are you okay...you seem a little un MiMi this morning????

Deb...fingers crossed you can find something...I know you need your own space....Take good care and don't over do it no matter what....weddings are always stressful...so you will want to be in top shape then to be the most help.

Hope one and all has a good day..think positive and find at least one thing to smile about

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

dollbug replied to alispazz's response:
Hello Ali....thanks for asking.....I have a lot going on now...and it seems like it is untouchable for me to do anything at all about it....this is a hard thing for me....as I think I need to "fix" things...

I can only pray about the issues that I am facing and hope GOD steps in and takes care of them....

I do hope you have a good day....and please slow down and do not overdo....as you know...when we play....we pay....and pay and pay...we FMers must always pace, pace and pace...

Take care...

MiMi

Daffyd3031 responded:
Morning FMily,

Hot and humid here in NJ. Only have to work until 2:30 today so then going to go home & get some laundry done.

Had the second half of my annual physical last night (had blood work, etc last week). My total cholesterol is borderline at 198, which we know is coming from the eating with all the stress I have had. However, it is only the LDL that is a bit high (123) - my HDL (good cholesterol) and Triglycerides were good - 57 HDL and 91 trig.

Still working on getting the Vitamin D higher - was 32.5 (very low end of normal) but considering the first check a year ago was 18 at least I didn't drop back down. Am currently taking 2,000 units a day so dr want's me to do 3,000 for next 6 weeks then go back to 2,000. So we will see.

Not much else going on.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs,

Patti

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning.. I woke up at about 6 am feeling pretty good..but went back to sleep and had the worst dream...It was one of those where just everything is wrong..I got a job and went to it...but nobody would let me do what I needed to do...The next day(in the dream), I showed up at work, my pants torn..my purse stolen..then I had to go home and try and fix things..nothing would get fixed..long complicated story...but I woke up all twisted up...all my muscles in knots..ugh.

Right now it is overcast with foggy clouds..but they will go away soon, I am sure...it is nice and cool. A min. ago the coyotes were going wild...must have caught something to eat..oh how I hate that sound...

Well, I need a cup of coffee...and for hump day to get past !!!

Love to you all
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Morning~

I tried to reply via mobile web but this site doesn't allow for that. It only lets you read. C'mon WebMD~I finally found a way to connect again and posting won't work! Make it work on my mobile phone!

Anyways...Hot & humid here again. Hazy. Sticky. Ew. I'll stay in the air conditioning thanks! I don't know how you guys down south do it. 78* is enough for me!

Already took the nasal spray to relieve the sinuses, and a relpax to curb the pending migraine. This weather does that to me.

Have a great Wednesday!

alispazz replied to dollbug's response:
MiMi

Hang in there...It is an awful lot to carry sometimes but you know that God will not give you more than you can handle...

I laughed at the wanting to fix things...That is human nature...and I like you get very frustrated when I can't...But you know MiMi somehow it all ends up the way it is suppose to be. Sometimes we just have to wait..

Hugs and hopes that the waiting isn't to long ...

You take care okay

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

alispazz replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece

Sometimes we dream frightful dreams...and some times they are prophetic....Could it be that you are worrying about being able to keep working and the money you will loose if you don't....

Sorry that the dreams knotted you up...that bites

Hope after you had your coffee things improved

Hugs

Ali

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.