Skip to content
Made a haul...
Anjl26 posted:
I picked up 3 canvas bags full of books for $10. <happy dance> I'd have gotten more but I could barely carry those. I had to stop a few times on the way to the car and switch that third bag to the other hand. I'm sure my shoulders won't be happy tomorrow.

I got an assortment of romance and mysteries. Picked up the 2 books by Dan Brown (Da Vinci code and the one prior to it). I've never read them and though it might be interesting.

I never even made it around the room, just up and back one table. LOL I considered grabbing my 4th bag that was still in the car and going back in. Maybe I will tomorrow. I'd like to see if they have any gardening or photography books. We'll see how busy the day looks.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.

hugs Sharon

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Sounds awesome! My oldest(13) could use those...We have a library nextdoor (almost) and the kid read 4 thick books yesterday alone! She went back this morning for more.

MagPrincess replied to CORYSGIRL30's response:
Wow! That is great.

I am so jealous!!! If our library does that i haven't heard of it!

I typically go to Goodwill book store. most of them are 2.99 which is still a deal. Kids are .99

dollbug responded:
Hello Sharon....that is great....happy reading....

MiMi

alispazz responded:
Well now Missy...

carrying 3 bags....What are we to do with you...Two trips would of been so much better.

I to am so jealous...our library does this every once in a while...and if I get desperate I call all my friends and see what they have been reading and barrow from them...

I use to have over a thousand books but decided that they were being wasted sitting on shelves...so I donated them to a youth home...

I love to read..and can not wait for my MIL to finish Barbra Bush's book so I will get a shot at it.

Glad you had fun...now read read read

Happy dancing with you

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Anjl26 replied to alispazz's response:
They have this "sale" once a year. The cost is whatever you'd like to donate to the Friends of the Library fund. Many are books people have donated, others are books the library has pulled off their shelves.

I love to read and will re-read and re-read my favorites. I donated many books when we moved, but kept my favs, and have been adding to them ever since. I have a boxful that I'm planning to re-donate. LOL

Maybe I can talk DH into going tomorrow. The Fest is still going on downtown and Thursday's on First will also be in progress. (They have a farmers market and all kinds of booths with homemade items.) The promise of fair food for lunch might be enough to get him down there.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.