Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Heartburn/acid Reflux
Lish2007 posted:
Hi everyone- i just wanted to share that i think i have acid reflux (never been diagnosed) I feel like there is acid in my stomach alot; my bowels (sometimes) hurt, feel like acid is coming out. (sorry it's a bit graphic..lol) Also i get heartburn from pretty much ANYTHING i eat. Everyday pretty much i have it.
I take acifex (spelling?) but doesn't seem to always help. I didn't know if anyone here had troubles with that and if they take something different??

Thanks in advance!
Alicia

alispazz responded:
Alicia

First you need to discuss this with your Doctor...There are a few test they can do to be sure...

Husband and I both have Gerds, and IBS....we both take Donatol and it seems to work pretty well for both...

The is lots of over thee counter stuff you can try, Gaviscon,, Prilosex OTC(sp), prevacid, gasx...

But you must watch drug interactions...also be aware that a lot of those drugs block b-12 and D absorption

I know it can be miserable, but your Doctor may be able to give you something else that will help more..

Hope that helps even a little.

Hugs

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Lish2007 replied to alispazz's response:
Thanks Ali- i know i really do need to discuss this problem with Dr..i just need to do it..lol

Thanks for the advice, that did help!

Take care.
Alicia

Tany84 responded:
I agree that you need to see your dr. I have GERD but I haven't found anything that works completly. Probiotics help, and the best thing that I have found is called Heartburn Free by Enzymatic Therapy.

Hugs!

Brittany

forgetful88 responded:
I was put on Prilosec & Sucralfate for my GERD issues. I only get attacks about once every 6-8 months, & mine usually starts with unbelievable belching & pain right above the belly button, I usually have to go into the dr. & be given some milky minty drink to relax the muscles, then I start the Prilosec & Sucralfate. I did not know I had GERD because I never got nor do I get the usually symptoms, mine is just the belching attack. I do take the Prilosec OTC for 14 days (one pill every 24hrs in the morning), then the sucralfate before meals. It works for me, but this was how my dr. wanted me to do it, so please go to your doctor...

pnaturegirl responded:
Oh, It is lovely is it not !!

I have had Gerd awful and laso take Aciphex and finally have it under control!

Gasto guy feels mine was 75% induced by a bad gall bladder and the rest my FM.

I would wake up in the morning and jaws hurt even from reflux over night! Burning chest and throat just awful!

Do you have any pains on your upper right side and do you ever feel sick to stomache especially after eating? Those can be gall bladder signs too.

FM alaso has the IBS as well.

If it keep up check with your family doc or Gastro guy because it is never good to have continued reflux back up through throat and can cause damage there!

Take Care,
Penny ps. Great overcounter is Gaviscon liquid! It helps block the reflux and gives much needed relief too!
Check out both my facebook page called, This crazy thing called pots Now, Also WebMds exchange called Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange. Hoping to bring more awareness and friendships to this issue!

Lish2007 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
Thanks that is very helpful- I do feel sick to my stomach often. But i've been struggling with that and other digestive problems for a very long time (IBS). I have never thought about Gall Bladder, thanks for that idea.

Lets just say cottage cheese, string cheese and milk are my friends..LOL

Alicia

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.