Skip to content
AND SHE QUIETLY SLIPPED AWAY
doodlesnana posted:
Hi Fmily,

Well I am sad to say that my aunt has lost her battle with MS, she passed away at home on monday and I know she Is so much happier to be without any pain after 40yrs, I will truly miss her.

I've been kinda down In the dumps lately, just can't fiqure out how to make myself go.

I have seen my therapist and we agree that I need out of the house if only for a few hours a day, but It has to be somewhere where I don't have a set schedule because those are not for me.

Heck I'm sleeping about two hours a night and It does nothing to help the memory, lately I've even been mixing words up when I talk.

At first I thought It was just because my sleep pattern was messed up but now I seem to be doing It more, I certainally do'nt need this on top of everything else.

Well I just needed to vent a little, I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week.

Big soft hugs to everyone

Vicky
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Dollbug responded:
Hello Vicky.....so sorry about your loved one's death....but please know that she is free of the pain she endured for so long....and in a better place....

It is so sad when we lose a loved one....but we have to know that things are better for them....as they no longer suffer....

We do not know just how much they did indeed suffer....I am sure that this stress has not helped you either...

I hope you will get out more and try to relax some....take a walk....or just enjoy the sunshine....and get some of that natural Vitamin D...as it seems to help me....but lately it has been so hot....it about takes my breath away....

May GOD comfort Vicky and her family during this time of grief....May GOD bless them...

Thoughts and prayers for you...

Take care..

MiMi

Anjl26 responded:
So sorry about your aunt Vicky. It's difficult, but you know she's no longer hurting.

How about a park? Do you have one nearby? Grab a book, magazine or your journal, a bottle of water, maybe a couple of snacks and a blanket and find a nice shady spot to plop down.

I love to do this and write in my journal. It's like purging the thoughts and feelings from my mind. When I'm done, my mind is clear and I feel so much better.

It's like venting, but you don't have to worry about what anyone thinks, if the spelling is right or punctuation is correct. If you want to toss in a couple of curse words, hey, no one is going to see it but you.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

alispazz responded:
Hello Vicky

So sorry about your aunt, but you know that she is pain free and happier now...

You my Dear are never going to come out of this funk if you don't get out of the house and go do something....Are there farmers markets, or botanical gardens where you can just wonder through...Or a library if it is to hot and humid where you are...which seems to be about everywhere these days...Go grab a friend and go have a light lunch someplace different, but don't talk about how you feel talk about normal girl things...Works wonders for me...In other word leave the pain at home...hust make up your mind to have fun...easier said than done I lnow but you have to try..

Take time to enjoy life, and you might be surprised how much better you will feel.

Big hug

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

suswannaq responded:
I want to add my condolences. May your aunt rest in the peace that she so greatly deserves.

We all certainly feel your pain, depression, and frustration. Especially today, I understand it all too well. Pain meds are failing me, again. It definitely is hard to motivate under these circumstances.

Could you get yourself to a coffee shop, with or without a friend? Sometimes just *being* around other people helps me get out of my head for a while. Take a book, your journal, or escape your woes with a trashy magazine. This costs little money and little energy. Just another option to add to your toolbox. :)

I hope you find some relief.
Soft hugs.
~Susan~
Your strength is in how calmly, quietly, and peacefully you face life. Be kind to yourself and others.

fibroinsd responded:
Gentle hugs to you Vicky...I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had some words that would help.

I do hope that you can think of something nice to do for yourself.

hugs...I will be praying for you and your family at this difficult time.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

larmarus responded:
VIcky-

You have my deepest sympathies on the loss of your aunt. No words are adequate at this time.

Do try to get out a little every day and try to do something for yourself everyday. It may be something as simple as going and having a cup of coffee at a donut shop or a walk in the park. Some days I don't feel good enough to leave the house but I go out on the porch and have a cup of tea and try not to think of anything but the sounds outside or just read a book.

Soft Hugs to you Honey--my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time------Marianne

Grampa_Bear responded:
My sincere condolences to you and yours Vicky.

Not to worry, you just vent away...that's what we're here for.

Jim
I'm not antisocial, I just don't like people!

Lish2007 replied to Grampa_Bear's response:
Vicky-
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's always tough to loose a loved one. Like said by others, she is pain free now and very happy!!

Hang in there!!

Soft hugs, Alicia

mamawrobyn responded:
I am sorry for your loss. My Aunt passed away last Friday. The peace on her face as she was passing, gave me the knowing there something better for us after this life.

Please stay busy.

Robyn

Socialwrkr responded:
Vicky,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when we know they have a sense of relief for being out of the pain they have been in for so long, it is so hard to let go.

As for getting out, I have the same thing. When I stay in my four walls, I get a bit crazy. I have found going to the library to sit in the back and read in a cozy chair helps, or if you have a Panera or something similar nearby, I go and just get a drink there and will sit for hours. Especially in the winter when they have the fireplace going. Many of the high end bookstores have chairs scattered about, and no one notices if you sit someplace secluded.

Take care of yourself, especially during this time of grief.
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee

krb005 responded:
So sorry for your loss Vicky. I have a brother with MS. He's still able to get around ( barely) but always calls me after I get home from work to see how I'm doing! Once a big Brother ....
wouldn't trade him for nothing. ( shh don't tell him)

Do you have a park where you could go feed birds or ducks leftover bread or anything? Take short walks around the neighbor hood and check out the flowers or gardens? Maybe go to a few close garage sales even to just look?

Warm thoughts & soft hugs,
K.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am so sorry, dear Vicky. ((((softhugs))))

Others have shared some good ideas for you. Find ways to give to yourself, to feed your soul. Be patient with yourself through this too. Don't worry too much about the memory issues just now as once you move through this and start sleeping better, those should ease.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

Tany84 responded:
Vicky,

I'm sorry about your Aunt! I know it's very difficult. I pray that knowing that she no longer has to deal with the MS will bring you some comfort.

Hugs,

Brittany

Tuned2fm responded:
Vicky,
Very sorry to hear about your Aunt, but she is no longer suffering. My condolences to you and your family and you will be in my prayers.

I wish I had suggestions for your troubles, but I don't unfortunately, all you can do is what you are able. Hopefully you will get some rest and feel much better very soon.

Big soft hugs back at you,

Sheila

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.