Skip to content
Passing of My Beloved Aunt
mamawrobyn posted:
A s you know my Aunt has been ill for several months,and I have been very busy with her.

She really struggled this past week, but on friday my husband and I took over the fixings for a big cook out (Beer and Pene coladas) (her favorite) I leaned over her bed and told her, her entire family was going to the backyard for a cookout, what we were having. I told her we were doing it the way she would want. She was able to raise her right eyebrow, which told me she approved.

11:15 pm she passed with the most beautiful smile and one single tear.

I sang amazing grace when they took My Aunt from her home.

Life in the beginning and in the end can be a beautiful thing,keep that in mind friends.

Robyn

fibroinsd responded:
Oh Robyn...how touching...and what a wonderful way for her to leave... what a blessing you were to her..and I am sure so many others...

Hugs to you and bless you.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Socialwrkr responded:
Robyn,

That was incredibly brave and wonderful of your family. What a gift for all of you, especially your aunt.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but grateful your aunt is out of her misery.

Take care of yourself especially during this time.
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee

Anjl26 responded:
So sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. It sounds like she was at peace.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

krb005 responded:
What a peaceful way to go. Brought a sad but happy tear to my eye. What a way with words you have. And thanks for the insight. Sorry for your loss.

Warm thoughts & soft hugs,
K.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
What a blessing that she passed so peacefully, Robyn. I had such an experience with a beloved family member and still feel blessed to this day, many years later.

Still, I am sorry for your loss.

Be gentle with yourself.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

cattlebarroness09 responded:
So sorry for your loss and so greatful your family thought enough of her to do what she liked and she was aware of it happening. What a great way for her to leave this world and now the family has that wonderful memory.
Amazing Grace said it all.

Shar in Tx.

Dollbug responded:
May GOD comfort this family who has recently lost a loved one....May GOD bless them in a special way....

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Death is hard on those of us who are left behind....but we should be happy for those who are no longer suffer....

Take care..

MiMi

icyhotmama responded:
So sorry to hear of your loss Robyn, but what a blessing it was that your Aunt had you to care for her.

Take care,
Lydia

Tany84 responded:
Robyn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing, but that is amazing what y'all did for her. I'm so glad she was at peace when she went. That has to be the best possible way to pass, with all of your loved ones there doing what you love to do. I think that shows that you all have huge respect for her. I know it's never easy but I pray that that her peace brings y'all comfort. I'm praying for you and your whole family.

Brittany

Tuned2fm responded:
Robyn,
I am truly sorry for your loss and my prayers will be with you and your loved ones. What a blessing for such a peaceful passing surrounded by the ones she loved and who loved her dearly. God bless you and yours.

Gentle hugs,

Sheila

from1952 responded:
What a beautiful memory. Your aunt passed on the journey so peaceful, it will, if not now, in the future be a comfort to you.

Anita in Tucson

alispazz responded:
Robyn

So sorry to hear your loss, so glad that you can accept her death with such beauty...How wonderful she must of felt to know her family was close and having a party the way she liked.

You are such a special niece to show such love....When we've been gone ten thousand years, bright shining like the sun, we've no less days to sing his praise than when we just begun....

Love ya

Gentle Hugs

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

pocotaz responded:
Robyn,

My condolences to you and your Family...

I wanted to say that what you did for her was so beautiful and wonderful..it left her with peace an she passed knowing you all loved her a great deal... what a nice gesture of love from you and your whole family...bless you..

I have been around to let some loved ones go and have found it to be true..when they leave they are in such peace... i have kissed them while they have taken their last breath.. and have held their hands... letting them go because they need to be in a better place...

We are given them to cherish and love while here on earth..but they are not ours to keep..for they are needed for very important work up above.... special work..

She will always be in your heart Robyn.. and i will pray your family finds comfort..

Hugs......Lnda

mamawrobyn responded:
Thank you all for your kind words.

It still amazes me of the things in life we still continue to learn from.

I have been doing Ancestry. Com on my family, and I keep thinking that although all the generations were sooo differant,that the basic life experiences were the same, birth,childhood,marriage,raising a family (My People were some big baby making families)grandparenting and death. And all the experiences in between.

Life..Huh...pretty amazing!

Thank you all, really I appreciate you, everyone of you!

Now I need to go snooping thru the board to see all that I missed!

Robyn

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.