Skip to content
Friday Role Call
Anjl26 posted:
Good morning FMily! Up and at 'em! LOL It's Friday and that means Roll Call. Please check in and let everyone know how you're doing, even if you usually just read and not post.

I'm happy to report I'm feeling more like my old self again. It's taken a week and that's long enough! I'm in to work very early (couldn't sleep) but that just means I can get out of here around midday hopefully.

I've got my list of errands to get done, then home to enjoy my 3 day weekend off. We have a family get together on Sunday. (keeping our fingers crossed the thunderstorms miss us) My SIL has a huge in ground pool, so it's the perfect party spot. Then we'll be off to watch the fireworks somewhere.

I got some fabulous fireworks photos last year with my nice point -n- shoot, so I'm hoping for even better ones with my fancy, dancy camera. LOL We'll see how it goes..

Still working on that garb from ebay. I've got it whittled down to either the Wenches Wardrobe or Fairy Finairy, 5 outfits all in similar colors. I may have to throw a dart and just go with where it lands. :D It takes 2 weeks to make once the initial sizing is worked out, then shipping time, so in all about a month. The first day of the Faire is Aug 21 so I think I'm ok.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.

hugs Sharon

alispazz responded:
Good Morning Sharon and FMily,

Going to be another busy day around here, DH and I are making so much progress at getting things back the way we like them....But I have decided this man I love is insane....completely totally and hopelessly insane...At the rate he is going with planting things we are going to need to buy more land....

We spent most of yesterday doing yard work, both at home and at MIL's, she is on trip to Texas.....Flowers to water, garden to check for fresh veggies....

We also made about 4 stops to try and find a TV antenna, the one we had was pretty beat up, and the one he ordered on line...well let's just say I haven't seen a news cast all week...

We may have friends over the 4th, but I will not be going to fireworks, I do not like the loud noise and can do without the crowds....Not to worry, I will see fireworks from the comfort of our deck...We are pretty flat here so I can watch the sky in several directions and see them.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...Be careful, Have fun...and don't eat to much....

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

debw216 responded:
Good Morning Sharon and FMily!

Sharon, I certainly envy you!! I always loved going to the Renaisance Fair here in Michigan.... The fair here, doesn't start til Sept though... I haven't been, in so long and I miss going!! I always thought that I was born in the wrong century... LOL...

It looks like a beautiful day here... Mild and sunny today.

Yesterday I went shopping for a new dress for my daughters wedding, coming up on July 17th. Whew....I shopped for about 3 hours, but finally found a dress that I could wear. Yippee!! I like it....

It reminds me of the old "mod" style of the 60's... Now all I need are some go go boots to go with it! LOL.... But alas....I just bought a nice pair of black sandles to go with it. The dress is black and white and the wedding is going to be outside.... So, It should be ok....

Other than that....all is well here. And, I am hoping that everything is well with MiMi and Jimii!

I hope that everyone has a beautiful and no pain day!

Love and hugs to all....
DebW

MagPrincess replied to debw216's response:
Morning FMly,

I am here. it was a late night last night after the boat parade. My car overheated long story short didn't get to sleep until after eleven and had an extremely hard time getting up this am. Now everything aches and i have absolutely no energy whatso ever with a huge list of stuff that must be done at work today.

Wish I could go home early.....not possible as others are out of the office so again wearing two hats.

DH sent a text that he got in trouble for being late........

I just want to crawl under a rock and hide......

ednaroberts1978 responded:
Good morning everyone,

This week has been an active one for me. I've been helping out at my brother's photography studio, just about everyday but yesterday. I spent the day at home trying to get my poor neglected house back into shape and doing some laundry. Of course, all of this activity has me sore and stiff just about everywhere, thank goodness my kids are old enough to help out. I believe today will be used to just relax and try to get some of the pain to go away.

Other than that, the weather here in Ohio has been very nice. Chilly in the mornings, which makes the stiffness a little more unbearable, but not too hot during the day.

I've never been to a renaissance fair, although it does sounds like something I would love to go to. Deb- I've often thought the same thing, I was born way too late. Although, I have grown quite accustomed to all the conveniences of this century!

Saturday is my cousin's birthday party, so we will be going over there to spend a couple of hours just hanging out, then Sunday we've got family coming over here for a cookout. Then we are meeting up with my hubby's parents to go and watch the fireworks. I'm not looking forward to that, the whole mosquito thing just makes me cringe.

Well that's all that is going on in my little corner of Ohio. Happy 4th of July to everyone and I hope you all have a low pain weekend.

Edna

pnaturegirl responded:
Good Morning Family!

No jobs today and today is Ohios last cool day and then back to realitys of July!

Mom and Paige is off nextweek and gonna tackle putting up fence ourselves and then it will look nice and safe!!

Gotta run errands later, Moms car finally died and gonna take a spell to save up and we figure that will be our Xmas this year, Getting another car and just pay for it out right, No payments!

So for awhile we gotta be creative shall we say, It is awful having to share but in long run smarter than taking on a car payment for now!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

debw216 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
Oh Penny....I feel for ya! My car died just two months before I filed for SS, and that was 3 yrs ago! So, I am still without a car... And hope to be able to buy one soon...

So, you are not alone on that one!!

Be safe and enjoy your day!
soft hug
DebW

Rozzy12 replied to debw216's response:
Good Morning,

Sharon where is are dear MIMI been I don't any of her posts??

Well its been a busy week for me and now I have to get back on track and figure out what to do for my daughter...

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs,

Rozzy

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Morning,

Yesterday was Canada Day, also the kickoff to our football season. Watched a game on tv, but couldn't make it thru the 2nd one. We skipped the fireworks, it's so hot we were all wiped out. The Queen and Prince Philip were in Ottawa for the celebrations. They will be in my city tomorrow! Woohoo!~

High of 90* today, and 105* with the humidity. Yowza.

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning..

Football Julie???? Really??? Well..I guess you better get it in before the snow flies !

I am up...that is about all I can say today. I am taking Ron to the thrift shop to volunteer today, as I want to keep the car. My parents are having some people over tonight, and I want to be available to go over there if they need some help.

My DS #2 (Jeff) and I went over yesterday and helped clean off the patio...and my parents looked tired, but doing ok. They just can't keep up on the upkeep of the house so much any more, but they just don't want to move.

Nice to see DS. He is working on getting things together so he can apply to graduate schools...and an old professor is helping him. Quite a difference from whence he came. If you have been here for long, you know the long story of his past.

My migraine is still here. The pills help...but you can tell in the afternoon when the pills wear off...sure hope things get better.

Ron and I do plan to go to the county fair on the 4th. They will have fireworks and Joan Jett is playing...along with a Navy Band!! It will be packed, so I hope we can handle it...We don't do the rides, mostly enjoy seeing the gardens, the woodworking, the Australian battered potatoes (Ron's favorite) and the Texas Bar-B-Q (my favorite).

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

larmarus responded:
Good morning FMily-

Posted on the Patriotic Roll Call this am so a quick post here.

Weather is very nice on the central coast of California as long as you don't talk about the mornings or nights. The marine layer and fog is real bad right now but the days are great about 70* and sunny.

Hope all are safe with any fireworks you let off but hopefully everyone can go to a show somewhere. Have a nice weekend FMily!!

Soft Hugs-Marianne

krb005 replied to alispazz's response:
Hello all! Enjoying what's left of my vacation!! Thought for sure a few days off would help with the pain... NOT! Really haven't done much - a little cleaning & laundry each day so I wouldn't
have to do it all in 1 day.

Tomorrow DH and I are headed to lowes for a new garage door and opener. The main springs broke and the door itself has about had it. The opener works when it wants to and is almost as old as I am. Hey wait a minute-- thats not really that old LOL! :-p

Hoping to make it uptown for the fireworks if DH and I aren't exausted from putting the door up.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend ( a great weekend to the FMily outside the USA too! ) enjoy the food
I know I will !! ( Dessert 1st though so there's room!! ;) )

Warm thoughts & soft hugs
K.

Socialwrkr responded:
UGH!

Couple of rough weeks after my chaos and then vacation. About a week ago I started a fever, mostly at night, nausea, general malaise. Bloodwork showed nothing, anti-biotics did nothing. Just blah.

Then yesterday I felt better and was so happy. Didn't push it but ate a really healthy meal of mostly veggies grown at a local farm. And last night, the fever raged back (usually around 103) and the stomach hurt so bad!! No sleep, lots of pain.

Grrr... I hate being teased!

But, I'm up now (yes, it's nearly 6 p.m.) and going to do a couple of things and try to eat a bit.

Tomorrow will be better, dang it!

Everyone take care and be safe over the 4th! NO drinking and driving and be aware of those who do!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee

Daffyd3031 responded:
Hi FMily,

Late check in for me - I kept forgetting it was Friday! Between not working and my nephew and niece visiting I'm at a loss for the day.

At least I am getting some exercise in. My niece and I took a nice walk last night and earlier today.

This afternoon DH and I took them to see Toy Story 3 (loved it!!).

Tomorrow we have a b-day party for my cousin's son. On the 4th we are going to my in-laws.

Nephew and niece are going to their dad's (my brother) tomorrow after the party and will be back on Monday night.

Some good news - as some of you know the house the kids lived in with their mom and step dad had a fire a couple of weeks ago and lost most of their belongings. Well they found another house to rent! And it is in the same town so the kids don't have to change schools!! And it comes furnished! Also, many people, alot they don't even know, have given donations to them. It shows how the good comes out in people when someone is in need.

Have a happy 4th and a safe weekend.

Hugs,

Patti

Tany84 responded:
Hi FMily!

It's been raining off and on since late afternoon here. Not what we normally get to start off July here in TX! Not that I mind! I just want to make sure I get to see the fireworks here tomorrow night. Since the 4th is on Sun. the Air Force base here is having the fair and fireworks tomorrow. I'm planning on driving out there with my fam and parking a little ways out so we don't get caught in too much traffic. Probably won't go out for the concerts. I have to work until 7pm so I won't get to do too much. It's probably for the best.

Sunday I'm having my fam over and we're grilling hamburgers. It should be pretty relaxing.

Have a Happy 4th!!

Brittany

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.