Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newbie introduction
50FirstDates posted:
Hello. I've been stalking this board for a while now, figured it was time to jump in. I think I got a feel for it now. So, Mimi, my vitamin D counts are good. Jim, your friends are a bit concerning. Aimee, I appreciate your grounded sense of rationale and compassion. And, fibroinsd, we are almost neighbors. I live in the Inland Empire.

Anyway, I was dx 2008, but started symptoms in 2005. My screen name refers to the movie "50 First Dates" because there is a joke in my household about my fibro fog that "it's all new to me."

I have been resistant to post because you all seem so positive and well grounded, like Polly Ann. I, on the other hand, feel like the Grinch that stole Christmas with my dark and troubled thoughts.

But, I know that I need to reach out. To tell you the truth, it doesn't feel comfortable, and it doesn't feel real good. But, I know that I need to reach out and be connected. If I didn't, I would be out playing right now.

And yep, just typing these few paragraphs has already worn me out. So, I'll stop and change directions for a bit. Ta ta for now.

pnaturegirl responded:
A big welcome and that was not so hard was it??

Feel free to jump in anytime girl!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

fibroinsd responded:
Ah.........Always good to have a neighbor show up. Hope you are not frying in the heat !

I knew the movie title right away...I think it is a favorite of my dear daughter's...although I can never remember which "girly" movies she loves and which she doesn't...and sometimes I have a hard time remembering which ones I have seen !! (Talk about always new LOL !)

This place is great for just talking to people that you KNOW are hurting just like you...they don't have to talk about it...but you know everything is a struggle...just like you are going through...but we keep our spirits up as much as possible.

Glad you introduced yourself.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Anjl26 responded:
Welcome! We all go thru cycles, stages of being up then being down. The good thing about this place is, when you are feeling down, there's someone else in a better place that can help pick you up.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

50FirstDates replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thank you everyone for your gracious welcomes.

Cece, I like how you said that everyone knows each other are hurting but don't need to talk about it. It's a different take on it for me, but comforting just the same.

Again, thank you, Penny, Cece, and Anjl26. Nice to meet you. :)

88Tessie responded:
Welcome ! I am so glad you made the choice to join us ! You may not of seen me around too much , I have been MIA for a few months but I have been a regular here with this group for over 4 years . The other posters have shared good info with you , many of us may seam up-beat but know that we are hurting from illnesses too , we try to take a positive outlook of our lives , it helps to keep a healthly mind . And there will be days that you will read that one of us has hit bottom , we are hurting , depressed and we have come into group to reach for help. And you will find the help that you are searching for here in this wonderful caring group of people . Please feel free to share all that you are going through , that is what this group is all about , to be here for eachother.............

50FirstDates replied to 88Tessie's response:
Thank you, Tessie. :)

ednaroberts1978 responded:
Hello and welcome.

I have been on the board for only a year, and it has helped me quite a bit. I think we've all hit bottom and seemed like the Grinch, and it's OK. I hit bottom last year when I was diagnosed with FM and a few other things as well. So when my thoughts couldn't get more dark, I came here and found all these people who understood just how I felt when I said I hurt. It's also nice for me to know that some of these wonderful people have been suffering for a lot longer than I have and can continue to have a positive outlook on things. There have been many days when I find it hard to find one positive around me. I hate being a downer, so I don't post often, but I know this group is here when I need them.

I hope you post often and are able to feel a little more comfortable with us.

Edna

Dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome.....it seems like you have indeed been here for a bit....and you already know the ropes....I am glad you decided to make your appearance and tell us about yourself....as I am sure you already know too that this is a unique support group....and you will learn a lot of good info here...

You will fit right in with our group....as we have already claimed you to be part of our FMily....and that is what really counts....

I hope you will post often....and I also hope you have already checked out the Tips and Resources....as I am sure that you will find something that will also help you cope better...

Take care and good luck...

MiMi

Socialwrkr responded:
Hey, that's like my first ever "shout out"!! Welcome!

Trust me, we ALL have our Grinch periods! And it's ok and safe to have that here. You are still a fibro baby and a big part of that is being angry, frustrated, sad, hurt, everything. That's all ok.

You'll find your way and hopefully this site will be a part of that. What's most important is you learn what you need to do for you. Lots of YOU's in there. And often that is incredibly difficult. But, this group of folks will help and your own desire will help too.

But it's all at your pace. Pacing is critical for us, with physical activities, mental, emotional, everything must be paced!!

Take care and glad to have you here!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee

50FirstDates replied to Socialwrkr's response:
Aw, shucks... thanks everyone. I appreciate your hospitality.

It's a hit-and-miss as far as me being on the computer. So, now that I see I missed this for 5 days, my apologies. I simply missed the boat that's all. And darn, I'm still trying to follow how this site works.

I am looking forward to being a part of the group. I like that everyone can relate to what we're going through, and the fact that it is moderated -- by a doctor with fibro at that!

This is me smiling :)

debw216 replied to 50FirstDates's response:
Hello! My name is DebW and I am also new.... I came to this board just this past March, when I was diagnosed with FM. But the Dr said that I have probably had it since the late 80's when I first started to have symptoms of also having Lupus...

We all have those "dark" days.... And if you have read some of my posts, then you know that I have had a lot of them! But the good thing about this board is that everyone here will welcome you, no matter what your mood, to this amazing group that we call "Fmily."

Please come back....whether it is to tell us, that you're doing well....or to vent....or to offer any advice on what has worked for you!

You now have a FMily that truly understands...whatever kind of mood that you're in.... And you have a FMily that knows exactly how you feel, at any given moment...

Welcome to your new Fmily!

soft hug....
DebW

WomanInBath responded:
Hi Poor Baby,
People are always saying
"If you have your health, You have everything!"
Well, what if you dont have your health?

I go through periods where I feel that I have lost everything.
Honestly, that year I was dx'd, I really DID lose almost everything. My Dad died, my father in law died, both of my dogs died, I lost my job, my husband divorced me, I lost my step children, I lost my home, friends, etc...

There is no one who understands about what you are going through more than the folks here--on this site!

Most times I just read to see that I am NOT alone but when I post, therre is always someone who responds.
I read the posts over and over again to really let the words sink in and to apprecciate the time it took for someone to sit and type back to me.
I dont know of any other sites like this one and believe me, I searched long before I found this.

I hope today is better for you, we really DO understand.
Love to All, Meg

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.