Skip to content
Happy 4th of July to everyone ****
dollbug posted:
Happy 4th.....as today is the day that is officially the holiday....I often wonder if people really stop and think what holidays are all about....or truly is it just another day for most people....

Yesterday we had a local parade....and tonight there will be fireworks...and of course....the big boys (Labs) will be scared out of their wits....the boys hate the loud noises....I will get them out today and play fetch so that they will be extra tired and hopefully not be so upset with all of the commotion...

Baby N sat in his stroller yesterday and enjoyed watching the parade....I do not think he missed anything....he was such a joy....I think I watched him more than I actually saw the parade....and when the firetrucks came by.....I think this little one....was looking for his daddy....he watched them and really looked hard....thinking any minute he would spot his dad....but this year his dad was not in it...

Afterwards we all went out for brunch....had a good time....and then stayed outdoors for a while....Sweet Pete had a good time also...he is just full of life....and has all of this energy.....I could only hope to have a little bit of what he has...

Here is hoping each of you have a wonderful holiday....I plan to do this also....I have a lot to do....but no energy to do the things that I need to do....

And again....I am not a morning person....but it seems like I have no control over this either....not a good thing for the mind or the body...
Getting up before the crack of dawn sure makes a very long and tiring day for me....but I hope that will time....this will change again...and I will get back to "normal" if you will....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this 4th of July, 2010....

MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

MAY GOD BLESS my FMily too.....

MiMi

pocotaz responded:
And a HAPPY 4th OF JULY to you too MIMI.....

So glad you enjoyed your day yesterday...aahh to have been able to see the look through Baby Noah's eyes..what a joy for you...

Nothing to much going on today..will be at my borthers later this afternoon enjoying a smal cookout...should be fireworks going on tonight in our city but we won't be going to see them... the city has been he=aving issues with bad stuff happening so i think it would be safer at home...

Maybe we'll have a fire in the backyard to enjoy... we'll see...

Today all over will be celebrating our FREEDOM... and honoring those who fought to give us that freedom...

America the Beautfiul......United we stand

Hugs............Linda

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,
I am up late today....got half the garage done, I could list the *things found and put in their spot...I can see DH asking Where is????........
The other side is intimidating...so I wait til tomorrow, today is a holiday of excitement and I don't want to be in a bad place.

Sound like Noah is a bit ahead of Olivia but she is older, and this I just heard that girls *take their time!! Still upset over certain toys, faces or sounds......she is petrified of the AFLAC duck! Who woulda thought...(we had a stuffed one at the deli from some salesman...) FEAR is saying it litely..I keep the stiffed guys away from her.

I have push button lite ups for the kids for tonight while the fireworks are being done. This family as a whole has always been crazy...I think I mentioned it last year, I always had to be off from work, TO WORK...R.N. On call!

Thank God we haven't had an issue in many many years.

I received on F.B. a video of Red skelton...anyone who is joined with me, please look at it. It is insightful, in 1069 he said these things and it was just a lovely way to start the holiday....It is the pledge of allegiance, the way only Red Skelton could do.....You Tube video if anyone else wants to search......GOOD STUFF.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday and as said by our Mimi, God Bless our America. (and take your D'!!) Hugs to all, Nancy B

alispazz responded:
Good Morning America, and Fmily

I am awake...sorta, haven't had my coffee yet but, I am working on it.

Today promises to be busy, no cook out, no fire works, just busy.

Dh and I might do brats later, and since I can not handle the loud booms of fireworks, then I will be watching them from the deck.

Hope all who enjoy that kind of thing have a blast with it.

Happy 4th everyone

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Anjl26 responded:
Good morning FMily and good to see you back posting Mimi! I've been getting up very early too. It gets light here wayyyy too early during the summer and my body thinks it's time to get moving.

It looks like we're going to be dodging rain today, thanks to the reminents of the hurricane. Rain and low 70s does not make good pool party weather, which is what we are doing. But, we'll make do indoors if we have to.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the rain moves out early enough to allow them to get the fireworks set up. I'm sure there are alot of people hoping for the same. I took some great fireworks photos last year and would like another opportunity.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

TCL38 responded:
Happy Fourth of July and happy Sunday FMily!

I'm not sure when it really started but I have a majorly pinched nerve that runs the entire length of my right arm. My arm is hypersensitive, my wrist and elbow have that permanent "funny bone" feeling, my fingers are swollen and just typing this is more than just a little uncomfortable. I also have a "hot spot" of pain in my back that is not one of my normal offenders. But I'm headed to church later no matter how I feel.

And then tonight we're going up the mountain to the ski resort's fireworks. I know we'll take our traditional fireworks munchies of Chex Mix, Bugles and Gardetto's mustard pretzels if I can find them but I'm thinking we might also want something more substantial so I'm thinking just sandwiches or something easy like that.

In addtion to be incredibly thankful for being an American, I am incredibly thankful for DRUGS Today is my favorite day of the year and without drugs I'm afraid I would be trapped inside and in my pain today. I am also thankful to have two teenagers who can drive so I can keep myself hopped up so I can enjoy this day.....and if I happen to end up in bed all day tomorrow with the flare from hell then tomorrow will take care of itself This is my day and I'm not missing it.

Tanya

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Happy 4th from Canada~

The Queen & Prince Philip were in my city yesterday, too humid & hot to go see them, so watched it on live tv.

Another hot day today, but not as humid. Yesterday we were under tornado warnings.

Pain is less than yesterday, so I guess that's a good thing! Have a great day everyone.

Tany84 responded:
Happy 4th of July FMily!!

The Air Force base here did their fireworks last night so me, my brother, and my sister drove out and watched them. They choreograph them to music that is played over the speaker system on base and a local radio station broadcasts it so that those (like us) who just park outside the base to watch can hear it as well. It was beautiful! We had a lot of fun!

It's been raining here off and on for the past few days but thankfully, last night was dry enough for the fireworks. My fam was supposed to come for dinner tonight, but now my mom doesn't want to get out so she wants me to bring all of the food I bought over to her house. I'm trying to not be insulted or upset. Please be praying that I will handle this well. Also, their vacume is broken so they were going to take mine to borrow when they left tonight so now she wants me to bring that also. My parking lot is a giant puddle right now and I'm short so I don't know if I'll be able to keep it out of the water getting it to my car. I'll also have to carry half a watermelon, over 2lbs. hamburger meat, a bag of frozen fries, 2 32oz. glass bottles of lemonade, lettuce, 2 onions, and a vacume cleaner! There is just one of me, on the other hand, if they came over here it would be three of them to carry a cake, 2 packs of buns, and maybe a can of baked beans. Let's think about which option seems more logical! Not to mention that I'm having a flare. Like I said, I'm trying to not be upset about this it's just frustrating that I they accepted my invitation and I went out and bought all of that food, and then she waits until the last minute to change her mind.

Oh well! If there is one thing I've learned it's that holidays are never going to be easy with my mom. I know I shouldn't complain. This day isn't about cookouts, or frustrating family. I should be reflecting on all of the blessings that come with living in this great country, and about the men and women the Lord has used to bring that about.

Hugs and Happy 4th!

Brittany

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.