Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Morning after the FW**
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC....I hope each of you had a delightful 4th....and saw the fireworks light up the sky......there were thousands of people throughout this city.....waiting to view them....we actually rode up to a school yard and got a nice spot to view them....but this year was only 10 minutes worth.....I am just glad that we did not drive a long time and wait several hours to view them....(which by the way we use to do) ....and the big boys, (who are still in my backyard survived this again this year)...they are labs and one of them gets really nervous about loud noises....but I put them up in their pen in time so I guess he tried to dig a hole to stay in...

It was a nice time here.....all of the children were here for a nice lunch....we had steak and potates and vegetables....plus homemade banana ice cream....it was quite tasty..had not really planned this....just sort of put it together at the last minute....never know who is going to show up to eat....it is hard to plan meals not knowing when my younger son is going to be off....since he is a firefighter....there are times when he is working....he works a full time job and then also works a part time job....

I hope everyone remembered what the holiday is about....and remembered our men and women who have given so much so that America is the place it is today...and those who are fighting for us now....

I am a bit tired again today....and I slept pretty good....the chronic fatigue just never lets up on me....I am tired if I sleep and I am extra tired if I don't.....not a win win situation for me...

Welcome to the new members who have recently joined our FMily....sorry that you have met the wrath of the dragon, aka FM....but so glad that you are here.....this is a unique support group...and I am sure that you will be glad that you found this place....review the tips and resources to the right of this page....there you will find some good info that perhaps you have not tried or did not know to try...we now have a wonderful asset to our group.....Dr. P who will answer questions that you have....and he truly understands our pain....as he too, deals with FM each and every day...

Nana B explained so well the concept of the wrath of the dragon....some of us feel like the Tin Man, of the Wizard of Oz....we are needing oil to function....as we get stuck and feel 90 plus some days....we are here to reach out and touch those who need help...or perhaps just to know that we are not alone in the journey that we face each and every day....we are all in the same boat here....trying to find something that perhaps will help us cope better with FM....and have more quality of life facing the dragon, who seems to be always too close for comfort...

Life is short and we did not chose to be like this....we did not have a choice....but we are determined that we are going to trick the dragon and keep it confused and try to always stay one step ahead of it....never to give in or to get up....we have to stand up and stand tall and give it a run for the money.....we have to "be prepared" as the boy scouts are....for whatever challenge we might face each and every day...

So join us when you can....share your ideas about how you cope....get your Vitamin D levels checked....and do what it takes to move on and beyond the wrath of the dragon......we take things....one day at a time.....and sometimes.....it might be one hour at a time....
Keep the stress at bay....

That's my story and I'm sticking to it on this Monday, July 5, 2010....
(less than 6 months till Christmas)

MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

MAY GOD BLESS my FMily too....

MiMi

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Morning MiMi~

Glad you got to enjoy the fireworks. I missed our Canada Day(July 1st) fireworks...So yesterday I watched the Macy's fireworks show from NYC~fabulous display!

I believe the high is 80* today.

Have a good Monday!

Anjl26 responded:
Good morning FMily! Our family get together remained rainless, so we got by there. Adults and young alike were in the pool as it was unbareably hot and humid.

But, here at home we weren't so lucky. The fireworks were cancelled due to the rain preventing the set up. They are going to try again tonight. If we go, it'll just be to a better viewing spot at the end of our road instead of coming downtown to get close.

I must be up early for work tomorrow so haven't decided if I want to stay up that late. Bummmer! Last night would have been perfect since I have today off work.

Oh well, I'm going to relax and enjoy the day. I have a sinus headache from being outdoors much of the day yesterday.(allergies)
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

debw216 responded:
Good Morning MiMi and FMily!

Checking in today....

Had a very busy weekend....shopping. I received my 2nd installment on my SS retroactive pay, last Friday... So, I have been shopping for things that I have needed. And things that I really don't need...but I decided to splurge on myself.

Wow, I bought some make up! wooo hooo! Geez, maybe now I won't look like im 90 instead of how old I really am....53. I bought some jewelry to go with the dress that I bought for my daughters wedding. And just stuff...candles, self tanning lotion...etc.

I really spent too much money also on eating out with my brother and also ordering in.... pizza, chicken dinners...etc. Also bought some groceries and stocked up on things that we need here.

I also decided to help pay for my daughters wedding. Nothing big....just help with the wedding cupcakes for the cupcake tree, and also my daughters alterations on her gown. That alone was almost 200.00! She decided that she didn't want the train, so she bought some jeweled buttons and the taylor will gather the train up and use the buttons to tack it up.... Will look beautiful!!

Also bought my brother some clothes for the wedding...and also a watch. I told him to pick one out that was water proof, so in case he falls in the water when he goes fishing... LOL...

Am not feeling well today.... I think I did tooooo much over the weekend, and didn't pace myself. It was extremely hot here last night and I was also running a fever (lupus) to boot! I was crying....because I couldn't get it down, and I was so tired. My brother was going to take me to the hospital, but I decided to try some rubbing alcohol and ice water on my wrists and the back of my knees.... That finally did the trick, and I was able to get some rest.

Today, I am suppose to go to my daughters house and she is going to dye and highlight my hair. Then if we have enough time, she will cut it for me. I went to school for it years ago....so she has learned how to do hair from watching me over the years.

It sure has saved me alot of money over the years... As a matter of fact, cutting hair on the side, is how I paid for my wedding to her father years ago.

Ok am rambling here....thats how tired I am already and its not even 10 am yet!!

I hope everyone has a beautiful and no pain day!
love and hugs to all....
D....

alispazz responded:
Good Morning MiMI & FMily,

Well I am not sure I survived all that well, woke up this morning with back totally in a spasm, and need to go help DH do the MIL yard, I will persevere and get it done.

Oldest Son and DIL came to get more of their things from the house, and I was surprised we all played nice, but the tension was there, especially in my DIL, she kept asking if I was sure that I wanted her to take the things I had bought for her, and of course I think it may of made her feel a little bit like a heal...Then she spotted the mugs I had gotten all of us for Christmas time, each one unique to the person, she wanted to know if she could take hers, and I told her to take all of them except mine and Dars...After all I am not a meany, just particular about my home....

I did send the kids the strawberry jam that I had made for them, and she said they would enjoy it.

All the mean things that were said, by both of us will take a long time to heal, but that is the way it must be....Hopefully someday she and I will both see the value of the other.

Have a good day

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Daffyd3031 responded:
Good Morning MiMi and FMily,

Going to be very hot this week here in NJ - worst of it today (high of 96) and tomorrow (high of 98).

Had a nice 4th. Went to a BBQ at a friends house. It is nice because our dogs get along nicely so we were able to bring ours along.

Picking up my nephew and niece this afternoon from my brothers. Since it is so hot we are going to one of the local lakes tomorrow to swim.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,

Patti

TCL38 responded:
Mornin' FMily!

The party is still going here. My town celebration is today. It started with cannon fire at 6 a.m. from the park two blocks from my house. At this point I should mention I took a full muscle relaxer last night...errr at 2 a.m. and I've mentioned they make me almost hallucinate upon waking after a full nights sleep. Well after four hours it was a "fun" way to wake up drugged on Robaxin combined with cannon fire. I'll just say someone is lucky I was able to go back to sleep...LOL But if it means more fireworks tonight then I guess it's okay. There's lots going on downtown and at the park but I don't think I'm going to go. But the fireworks are a definate must go. The ones at the ski resort were awesome but there's just something about fireworks, the 4th of July and it's only 50 degrees that just didn't jive for me.

The nerve in my shoulder/arm is still flaring like mad. The rest of me feels okay. But I'm out of the usual tricks to get it to calm down. I think I just might have to ride this one out. But I do have a lot of work to do so I need to figure out how to get that nerve to at least play nicely today.

I will say last night reinforced a valuable bit of information for me. With that nerve flaring and the pain so localized, it was really interesting to feel the effect of the cool night air on my pain. Think hot or in this case cold poker right to the eye of the pain. We brought blankets to sit on but I stayed in the truck with the blanket folded lengthwise and draped over my shoulder and down my back for some extra insulation from the pain. The cold definately jacked up my pain response. I even turned on my heated seats to help offset it some. It makes moving all the more vital and necessary for my health. We have no ties here. Our pain doc is actually in the city we're going to. There's more to do in that city. And it will certainly be better for my business ideas. Also now that my DD has her high school diploma she's ready to move on to bigger things and all the bigger things she wants are better in that city too. Now to just be able to do it....

Well happy Monday FMily.

Tanya

larmarus responded:
Good Morning All-

So glad everyone had a nice weekend although some of us didn't pace ourselves very well (me included). We couldn't see the fireworks show because it was too foggy and we were still at the booth. I was on my feet way too long yesterday and I am paying dearly for it today.

Well only three more days till we leave for Philly. I have a little left to do and I'll pack tomorrow. I have to go to the store to pick up a few items that I thought I had and some goodies for the road. (can't travel without something to snack on) I probably won't be on the board much until we get back. I will be trying to pace myself much better but no promises since the nieces and nephews are already telling us what they want to do while we are there. It will be really great to see them.

Well off I go to do get things done. I hope all have some low-pain days ahead (me included) and enjoy some summer activities. I'll check in as I can.

Soft Hugs to All-----Marianne

fibroinsd responded:
Add me to the I am here...but not doing well. The fair was nice..the fireworks good...but oh my ...I woke up this morning at 6am with the worse headache ever....and sick to my stomach..and naturally my feet were killing me from walking at the fair.

Luckily, I had a pill for nausea from the doc...and I took that and went back to bed. I still am feeling sick..not up to much..Did some dishes...and read some paper...that is all..and now I am starting to get sick again...not sure what is going on..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.