Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I've Officially Lost Everything
CORYSGIRL30 posted:
I could really use some encouraging healing words from my Fmily. I have officially lost everything but my kids due to FM.

The only thing I had left was my 5 year relationship...I lost my job, friends, credit & savings, feeling of self-worth, you name it. Now Cory & I broke up and my kids & I have to leave his home. (they aren't his kids)

I am so angry, frustrated, depressed...
FirstPrevious12NextLast

pocotaz responded:
Julie,

I am so very sorry ... i have no easy answers nor can i make anything better... i am sorry yu and your children will have to grieve yet another loss.. and a very hard one because it affects your heart and soul...

This is yet another life wall we sometimes hit... but after the dust settles ..and we never know how long that will take... life does open new doors...

I look at how far Momo has come from where she was and if this happens to me..i can only hope i will see that there is always a new beginning and a new life... she has met someone who loves her een with her health issues and has a new job and a new life....

Right now this is hard to see ... and that is understandable.. i am sure she didn't see this happening to her either... but she is a good role model for us.. she has overcome and perservered and won..

I am so so sorry you hurt this much and have had your wholelife turned upside down... i truly hope that some day down the road things turn out for the better nd you can truly be happy... i wish i could just hold you until all the tears have been released ... i wish i could have stopped all of this from happening ecause you are the sweetest person... and you deserve happiness...

This is truly a sad day ....to hear you are struggling and have been for such a long time... i will keep you in my prayers and hope that you ca find the strength to get through this ....

Bless you ....HUGS...Linda

Booch007 responded:
Dear Julie,

WOW, this is a challenge for the millennium. I am so sorry.

As Linda said...Momo was able to persevere and get through it. I was in touch with her early on and she had a strength that was amazing, a plan too. Looked for resources to lift herself and used them. A temporary shelter for women, the training for a job.....the library for the computer to keep in touch with all of us...

I just can't imagine the place you are in. I would say, sit long and hard and DON'T let anyone put you in this position again....always have a plan to lift yourself out of.

Breathe deep and find out the resources in your area for these problems. There must be so many with the economy down like this. Good luck Julie. What doesn't break us will only make us stronger. STAY STRONG...Nancy B

Anjl26 responded:
I'm so sorry Julie! Relationships have a tough time when a chronic illness is involved.

Make some phone calls. See what services are avialable to you. Call in every favor due you. Can your family help out?
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

Dollbug responded:
Hello Julie.....MiMi in NC....it will not do you or your children any good by being angry, frustrated or depressed...so I hope that you will accept what has happened and make a plan for yourself......Life is so very short....and sometimes we make choices which we wish we had thought about long and hard before we did it.....and so often....it is too late to turn back and redo.....

I have had some awful stress also recently....and it has really been tough....but I have faith that things will turn out....I try to think about the positive instead of the negative....and this is what you will need to do also....

I hope you have family close that perhaps you can call on to offer you and your children some assistance....

Thoughts and prayers are with you.....I hope you will be able to get settled and figure out what your next move is....and please remember that a person can always have hope....do what is best for you and your children....

Take care...and good luck...

MiMi

ednaroberts1978 responded:
I am so sorry. I do not have any advice for you about this, other than you will need some time to grieve yet another loss. Is there anyone (family) you can have help you and your children out right now?

I hope you and your children are able to find a safe place to go and heal. Call and find out what is available to you as far as assistance.

Edna

alispazz responded:
Julie

I am so sorry that life has taken this turn, it can not be easy for you at the moment...Please take a deep breath and look for a positive, Not easy I know, and I have no sage advise, except to hold tightly to your kids and move forward, one heavy step at a time,

Try to leave things esp...your relationship with Cory in a good place...I think that you have had the 5 years with a man , who may not be able to take FM...that is so much more than others have had....

If you have lost so much then it is easier to accept each new gain with the wisdom that you might lose it again, and it will make things easier for you and your children.

I will keep you and your children in my paryers and pray that God lift you up...

Gentle Hugs

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

pnaturegirl responded:
Oh Julie Girl,

I so wish we all lived closer, I would give you a big old Polar Bear hug!

It is hard I no when things look the bleakest but this to will pass and I feel your being pulled in a new direction.

Your strength will come because your kids need you bigtime now! As they to will be grieving the loss of Corys not being invovled but I am hoping your family will help support you through this major adjustment.

We our all here for you, Always to vent and seek advice and of course friendship!

Chronic illness is a pain in the a$$ but we all have to find ways to cope as best as we can to manage through the muck.

Think of for now the good times you had with Cory, Life is taking you down a new road as this door closes and a new one is about to open.

It can be a little scary but you will find your way girl!

Love ya,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

Rozzy12 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
Julie,

Remember how you and I fought the battle together well, just remember this is another battle to fight and you need someone who will be by your side through better and worse... I have those paddles ready Dear Friend... You are strong and you will make it I know this it doesn't seem like it right now but MiMi is right life is too short to settle...

WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!

Rozzy

MagPrincess replied to Rozzy12's response:
Julie!!

There are no words for this. I am so sorry that this has happened.

LOVE AND LUCK TO YOU!!

Super Soft squishy hugs!!

An_199016 responded:
I am so very sorry that you are dealing with all of this. Having FM can make you feel like your living in Hell here on earth!

I, too, lost everything like you, but in addition to my husband not being able to handle it (we divorced) my parents have disowned me, also. They thought that I was not suffering from daily pain and should get a job. I was told by them to take sugar pills and I'd feel better.

There is nothing that I can say or offer that will decrease your huge amount of anger, frustration, and depression. These feelings can only be deminished by the passing of time and it will take along time!

The one thing I do encourage you to do (if you have not) is to seek good counciling and antidepresant meds.! They do help.

Keep your chin up and fight this with all of your strength!!

The tears that flow from my eyes,
water my garden of strength!

TCL38 responded:
Julie,

I can't add anything to what the others have said.

I'm so sorry. Someone said take time to grieve, that's one of the lessons FM is teaching me. I never used to grieve any loss I'd let myself get wound up about it but as you well know that can't happen to us FMers without serious consequenses so take some time to grieve and then make your plan to move forward.

Love ya!

Tanya

CLKWC1964 responded:
Julie,

I am so sorry for this loss and the pain you and your children are going through. Hang in there. I have always heard when one door closes a better one opens. Trust that this is true and good things will come to you and your children. I will keep ya'll in my prayers and hope only the best for you. Keep your chin up and know that we are all here for you if you need to vent or get support. God Bless ya'll. Cat :0)

icyhotmama responded:
Julie,

I am so sorry this has happened to your family. We are all here for you to talk to and vent when needed.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,
Hugs,
Lydia

fibroinsd responded:
You know you have my hugs...prayers,,....and tons of love. You can do this...you are stronger than you want to be....

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.