Skip to content
Nopalea
aundy28570 posted:
Anybody heard or tried Nopalea? Suppose to help cure pain. Sounds interesting!

annette030 responded:
Is it a drug, or a supplement? I have never heard of it.

Take care, Annette

Anjl26 responded:
I looked it up as I've never heard of it. A few things make me leary:

- It's claims to cure many different things reminds me of snake oil.

- Most websites I read speaks of getting your friends to buy it too, in order to save money yourself. That sounds suspiciously like a pyramid sceme.

- Sites speak of "research" but I've found no links or actual research proof of their claims.

It does sound like a nutritious juice, which they say tastes pretty good. It probably won't hurt anyone to try it but it is quite expensive. I have my doubts as to if it will be helpful for any medical problems.

I found this site that is offering an opportunity to try it out for free, although you have to pay $9.99 shipping. http://nopalea.com/
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

viclewis responded:
I started Nopalea Nov.3rd 2010, after 60 days my arthritis (inflamation) is much worse. My hands are being crippled by arthritis. My shoulders, hips, feet, elboes all hurt. To me , the claims are all false. It does not reduce inflamation. In fact the only thing I can say good about Nopalea is that it tastes good. Save your money folks. It's all hype.

fibroinsd replied to viclewis's response:
Thanks for letting us know your experience...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

shanrein replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi, I am new to this webpage. I have used the Nopeala also and did not see any change to my symptoms. I have found, with a combination of guaifenesin and vitamins, that I finally do have some relief.

starset replied to Anjl26's response:
Well I've been using it since January and it is absolutely wonderful! I broke my ankle, and have never had to take any anti-inflammatory drugs - just drank the juice and it helped with the inflammation.

Even my physiotherapist is now recommending it to her patients.

starset replied to viclewis's response:
All I can suggest is that you didn't drink enough water. You have to increase water intake to help flush out toxins.

wizz4ve responded:
I have suffered from fibromyalgia from childhood, never knew a day without pain and years later, 3 kids later and much weight ggain, joint and disc degenerative disorder and more to the point where I couldn't even stand up in the shower at all.

I took the juice and it didn't help for the first 40 days and asked my dad to cancel the order but luckily he had just recieved a new batch because about the 10 th week I'd began to notice a change. I had lost 25 lbs and and was able to stand up in the shower. I am not taking it anymore because it is costly but its been almost a yr and I am still able to stand up but my weight has went back up. It did really helped with the pain. Everyone is different but if there is a chance that it might help you and you can afford it, you should give it a try.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Just remember the old adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Dr. Pellegrino has talked before about such claims, how we need to be careful and what to look for to determine if they're legit or not.

Eg. If it claims to 'cure' something that's not curable. Or if it claims to treat or cure a ton of non-related conditions, as this one does. And if the only ones claiming it as a cure or treatment are sites which also sell it... watch out.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

ocn4me replied to shanrein's response:
I am curious about the guaifenesin treatment. Is it prescribed? Please tell me more about it. And about your vitamin regimen as well. Thank you.

TDXSP08 replied to ocn4me's response:
Guaifenesin is available over the counter and has been for about 5 years it is a decongestant and accomplishes this by thinning the mucus in your chest so you can cough it up more easily.

It does not treat the underlying condition that is causing the mucus or congestion it merely enables you to "hack" it up without "hacking a lung up with it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ocn4me's response:
Hi Ocn4me and welcome to WebMD,

Before considering Guaifenesin as a Fibromyalgia treatment, you should know that the claims have not been supported by subsequent studies. For more on this, please read the article at the following link:

myalgia.com
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.