Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
such is life
angelldakota posted:
Hi all... such has been life for me... it has been a lot of bed time for me the past 4 months and then just pulling out of a flair wham my pc decided to not give me my pain meds anymore and I have to find a pain management dr... no one wants me on the meds I am on and even when I said I would ween off them so I could be treated by them they don't want to treat fm... so...

I ran out of meds on sunday missed an appt last thursday with even any chance to get any... and went cold turkey... hasn't been a pretty trip.... and if I thought for a second the meds weren't working.... well I know now they were...

I shall never doubt the magic of the right cocktail...
now if only I could find a dr to believe in helping me with one... and not giving up...

seems like when I have a flair of fm they want to throw in the towel on me... even tho the pain from the other problems was being helped no one seems to pay attention to that... I think they are still looking for a cure all for me and they just ain't going to find one...

I love my pc dr... she has created a good team for me... usually has a good head on her shoulder... I just think she gets scared she is over medicating me or will get me addicted... I appreciate her caution but I think I could have been taken off slowly other than cold turkey...

anyway... now I am waiting for another referal... and won't tell them my history... I will take the mri's I have with me and see if they will at least do something for me right away...

needless to say the pain is unbearable... I just feel like I am back at stage one again... I love my dr but I am discusted with her... I go see her tomarrow...

I am suppose to be having carpal tunnel surgery and it has to be done in august or we need more authorizations... I am hoping this doesn't mean I have to have both done at once...

and my sleep study went well but now they want an overnight and nap sleep study... lets hope I feel like I do today and want to sleep lol... knowing my luck I will be awake all day... lol...

well... so that's been me... life is life here... I just keep it flowing somehow... hope you have all had better times or at least looking at brighter times... summers been a hot one and I have been able to excersise a few times in the pool.... actually had a nurse come out to do some physical therapy with me but after 3 out of 7 visits she decided that I was doing all I could on my own... I think she gave up on me too... She said nothing she could add would do anything but cause me pain... well... even stretches hurt a bit... but I have to do them or go thru more pain...

I wish I could run into someone who could feel the same way I do and understand... I doubt there is anyone who could feel the way I do... I don't feel like I even belong anyway... if it isn't fm hurting it is the other junk driving me nuts... and some times it is just all of the above and I am lost in a life I so don't know what to do with it...

I save my energy for my grandbabies and get more help then I want with them...

so such is life for me... I truely hope you all are doing well... as well as we can be...

you all take care... I will try to get back to you sooner...

love to you all... jan/angelldakota

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
(((((softhugs)))))

I hope you find a good pain management doctor who will work with you. I'm sorry it's been so bad for you lately.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

pnaturegirl responded:
Good to hear from you Jan!!

Try and just take one day at a time, Sometimes I no you feel like what next but Grandfather always said tomorrow another day!

Hang in there!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

fibroinsd responded:
Oh Jan...how awful that you had to go cold turkey...I hope you find the right place to treat you...can you go to the county health? The local county health did a good job for a friend of mine...and he got meds for free along with free services...(He had no income)...

hugs to you...and good to hear from you...I hope you get the right doctors.

I bet those kids are growing up fast !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

GmaSheena responded:
Heh Jan - I hope you find the doctor & the relief you so desperately need. I myself went from doc to doc before I got to a place where I am better..........not good, just better. Why do doctors think we are all just looking for meds? I do not get "high" on pain meds, I get relief. Why don't they understand that we need help, not someone to accuse us.

Good luck to you sweetie. Enjoy those grandchildren. I know that I do: sometimes to the point of exhaustion.

GmaSheena

pocotaz responded:
Jan..

I am sorry this keeps happening to you... you just get to a good regimen for pain management and they take it all away and all at once....

But you are a fighter and we are all here for you whenever you need to vent... I do hope you find a pain management Doctor who can work with you and soon...

Hugs ....Linda

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.