Skip to content
To some they are just a dog
aundy28570 posted:
To me she was my little girl. I have been thru every emotion possible. This is so heartbreaking and I've cried till I dont know how I can cry anymore but the tears keep coming.

I know she was suffering and her quality of life was gone but I keep feeling so quilty and thinking about that last breathe she took in my arms. She couldnt hardly walk or lift her head and had lost lots of weight. The vet told me there was not much more we could do. Only try IV's for dehydration and she was so far gone that may only help a little. Her little body was poisoned from the kidney failure and had took a toll on her. I was just hoping she would take that last breathe without me being the one to decide for her. She did fight the meds a little and then went limp in my arms. My heart just breaks every time I think about it and thats ALOT.

Now I have to wait for her cremation and I hate the thought of that and if that is the right choice to but I cant stand the idea of putting her in the ground. She was always inside with me.

I knew it would be hard and I know in time it will get some better but this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Please dont think I'm crazy but I keep wondering if I did the right thing and I'm in such a depression I needed someone to talk to.

1wareaglefan responded:
Dear Aundy, as an animal lover, I can't bear to see a helpless creature suffer. I believe you did what was necessary to relieve her suffering, so yes, you did the right thing...the best thing in this case. It would have been more heart-breaking to see her anymore in that condition.

All of us who have "furry loved ones" understand how you feel. I know that with some time, you'll know you did the right thing. Also, I'm sure you gave her the very best life! I pray that your pain will grow less each day.

We're thinking of you and understand. Take care.....Elizabeth

pocotaz responded:
Oh sweety... this is the hardest decision we seem to have to makend always question ourselves...

Let me tell you...you did this out of love for her so the suffering could end... yes it was the best for her situation...to have made the suffering continue would have been more inhumane... trust this decision..i have had to make this three times in my life and always struggled..but knew in my heart it was because i loved each one of them...

It hurts us deeply but in time the pain will lessen ...not because we feel less for them..just because time passed...we will always remember them and miss their loving ways but she is now resting and out of pain...

So sorry you have lost you beloved pet...HUGS

Linda

pnaturegirl responded:
Yes, My friend you did the right thing!!

Because you loved her, You allowed her to pass away without any more sufffering and now shes at peace.

Go ahead and cry and grieve as long as you need too!!

I cremated my Rusty and at first for about 3 years had her inside in my bedroom on the dresser and last year, Yes only last year, I was ready to bury her ashes under my crabapple tree in back yard.

You can see that very tree on my Facebook photo album and I write under the picture, Where Rustys buried.

You will never forget her and as time passes, So does the grief. Belive me it will but you will never forget all of the wonderful memorys you shared!

Take comfort in knowing you loved her and provided her a good home!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

karenrugs responded:
Oh Aundy,

I realize we don't "know" each other but when I read your post, my heart broke for you and mine immediately started breaking again for my "little girls."

My little Betsy was 18 when we had to make that decision and out little Cookie. Well, this is the one that really breaks my heart. Pretty much died of a broken heart because her "sister" was gone. They crossed over the Rainbow Bridge almost 3 yrs ago. We buried them side by side under their favorite tree in our back yard and there's not a day that goes by that I don't stop and visit with them.

I still miss them and their memory will be with me for the rest of my life.

It does get better, in time. You'll always have her memory.

Hugz,

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

Daffyd3031 responded:
First I want to say how very sorry I am for your loss. Our furbabies are that - our babies. They are our family and what you had to do was the most difficult decision that has to be made.

Please remember all the good times you had together and that she is now at peace.

Hugs,

Patti

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.