Skip to content
bloodshot eyes/headache
cactusflower1963 posted:
Do any of y'all ever wake up with bloodshot eyes and a headache?

It's happened to me a few times now. Sometimes I think maybe I'm just dehydrated. I'll drink a bottle of water when I get up and the headache goes away quicker than the bloodshot eyes. Sometimes I think maybe it's just not enough sleep. I don't know.

Anyone else experience this?

lb707 responded:
Hi Kim,

I wake up headaches often and blame on all kinds of things. I slept wrong....meds....allergies...but I like your idea of drinking water. It is weird but if I do not get enough water I feel nervous and edgy

Never had the bloodshot eyes by eyes are the windows of the body. You can look at my eyes and tell how I feel. I think if we all took time to really look at a person's eyes we could tell how they feel. That was something my Father taught me.

Surgery is that tomorrow?

LauraB

fibroinsd responded:
I am just not a morning person. I know I never have been, but now on meds, it takes me awhile to get going. This morning is bad..Kind of achy . I know things are stressful around here..but yea, I feel like I am half asleep and draggin today...not sure about bloodshot eyes. I can't stand to look that closly.

cece

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Remember the Cymbalta episode I had last fall???

Yayabay06 responded:
I am such a retard I thought I posted to this I remember what I was going to say because I experienced this in Diseny.

I was so tired and in such a flare that my eyes were bloodshot the whole time. I use lubricating eye drops but they didn't help.

It was only me, no on e else had it. I am sorry you have it it is pretty aggravating.

If I don't get a chance to tell you...good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well. Just take it easy and do what they say.

love

yaya

cactusflower1963 responded:
In my support group we can all tell by looking in each others eyes how we are feeling that day. It is a really close group of women.

yes, tomorrow is the BIG toe day! I'm getting a little nervous.

hmm....but why would it only happen occasionally? I take the same dose every morning.???? I wonder if dehydration+ cymbalta could do that? Interesting thought.

Thanks Yaya!

kctogetherforever responded:
I sure hope all goes well tomorrow. You are in my prayers. Please forgive me, but I can't remember what exactly you are having done. I had surgery on both my big toes yrs. ago and I HATED not being able to walk. So impatient I am. Kisses......Kathy in Tennessee.

kctogetherforever responded:
Well I forgot to answer the question you ask. Can't remember when it was that I didn't get up without a headache and bloodshot eyes. Just thought it was me. I have sinus real bad and trouble breathing at night, and I just figured that was it. I think everyone in East Tenn. has sinus bad, and we all run around popping tylenol etc. for headaches. The eyes for me may be age-63. I have forgotten what the whites of my eyes look like. LOL....

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
I get migraines when I'm dehydrated....so yes, maybe it could be the mix of the two. Chug 2 gallons of H2o and see what happens! Of course, BEFORE the surgery....

LuAnn53 responded:
I do when I use the new light bulbs they advocate now (the screw shaped ones). I get so bad I can't open my eyes and look like I've been on a three year binge.... and I don't touch alcohol!

Haven't had any problems since I got rid of them for task lighting.

Hugs, LuAnn

justjackie22 responded:
Laura. That' s exactly what I do! Blame it on ????. However I've noticed recently since I only take 1/2 vicaden occasionally in the evening....that I often wakeup with a headache. Hummm.

After 1/2hr and some coffee it goes away......it's always same headache location....temples...full frontal......... Jackie

flashbug72 replied to justjackie22's response:
Cactusflower1963..hi I don't know if you still follow this, but I googled what would make me wake up in the morning with a headache and bloodshot eyes and this link came up. It has been happening for about 2 weeks and I was wondering if you ever found out what it was. thanks.

fibroinsd replied to flashbug72's response:
sorry flashbug...but most of the people on this post don't come here anymore...I don't see a link from you..hope you found something that helped..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Weight Loss and pain
I am a 43 yr old female with fibromyalgia and numerous other dx's attached to my medical records...overweight, depressed, immune ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 75 found this helpful