Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bloodshot eyes/headache
cactusflower1963 posted:
Do any of y'all ever wake up with bloodshot eyes and a headache?

It's happened to me a few times now. Sometimes I think maybe I'm just dehydrated. I'll drink a bottle of water when I get up and the headache goes away quicker than the bloodshot eyes. Sometimes I think maybe it's just not enough sleep. I don't know.

Anyone else experience this?

lb707 responded:
Hi Kim,

I wake up headaches often and blame on all kinds of things. I slept wrong....meds....allergies...but I like your idea of drinking water. It is weird but if I do not get enough water I feel nervous and edgy

Never had the bloodshot eyes by eyes are the windows of the body. You can look at my eyes and tell how I feel. I think if we all took time to really look at a person's eyes we could tell how they feel. That was something my Father taught me.

Surgery is that tomorrow?

LauraB

fibroinsd responded:
I am just not a morning person. I know I never have been, but now on meds, it takes me awhile to get going. This morning is bad..Kind of achy . I know things are stressful around here..but yea, I feel like I am half asleep and draggin today...not sure about bloodshot eyes. I can't stand to look that closly.

cece

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
Remember the Cymbalta episode I had last fall???

Yayabay06 responded:
I am such a retard I thought I posted to this I remember what I was going to say because I experienced this in Diseny.

I was so tired and in such a flare that my eyes were bloodshot the whole time. I use lubricating eye drops but they didn't help.

It was only me, no on e else had it. I am sorry you have it it is pretty aggravating.

If I don't get a chance to tell you...good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well. Just take it easy and do what they say.

love

yaya

cactusflower1963 responded:
In my support group we can all tell by looking in each others eyes how we are feeling that day. It is a really close group of women.

yes, tomorrow is the BIG toe day! I'm getting a little nervous.

hmm....but why would it only happen occasionally? I take the same dose every morning.???? I wonder if dehydration+ cymbalta could do that? Interesting thought.

Thanks Yaya!

kctogetherforever responded:
I sure hope all goes well tomorrow. You are in my prayers. Please forgive me, but I can't remember what exactly you are having done. I had surgery on both my big toes yrs. ago and I HATED not being able to walk. So impatient I am. Kisses......Kathy in Tennessee.

kctogetherforever responded:
Well I forgot to answer the question you ask. Can't remember when it was that I didn't get up without a headache and bloodshot eyes. Just thought it was me. I have sinus real bad and trouble breathing at night, and I just figured that was it. I think everyone in East Tenn. has sinus bad, and we all run around popping tylenol etc. for headaches. The eyes for me may be age-63. I have forgotten what the whites of my eyes look like. LOL....

CORYSGIRL30 responded:
I get migraines when I'm dehydrated....so yes, maybe it could be the mix of the two. Chug 2 gallons of H2o and see what happens! Of course, BEFORE the surgery....

LuAnn53 responded:
I do when I use the new light bulbs they advocate now (the screw shaped ones). I get so bad I can't open my eyes and look like I've been on a three year binge.... and I don't touch alcohol!

Haven't had any problems since I got rid of them for task lighting.

Hugs, LuAnn

justjackie22 responded:
Laura. That' s exactly what I do! Blame it on ????. However I've noticed recently since I only take 1/2 vicaden occasionally in the evening....that I often wakeup with a headache. Hummm.

After 1/2hr and some coffee it goes away......it's always same headache location....temples...full frontal......... Jackie

flashbug72 replied to justjackie22's response:
Cactusflower1963..hi I don't know if you still follow this, but I googled what would make me wake up in the morning with a headache and bloodshot eyes and this link came up. It has been happening for about 2 weeks and I was wondering if you ever found out what it was. thanks.

fibroinsd replied to flashbug72's response:
sorry flashbug...but most of the people on this post don't come here anymore...I don't see a link from you..hope you found something that helped..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

Vitamin D level checked ***
I encourage everyone who is having pain problems to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level......a simple blood test...and so very ... More
Was this Helpful?
214 of 244 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.