Skip to content
Finally have an appt with a Rhuematologist
Sharbear50 posted:
My PA didn't want me to go to this doctor. She said I should make appointments with the Physical Therapist at her office and get massages. I am tired of the lip service I have been getting, hurting all over, tired, leg cramps, head aches, tingly finger, brain fog, itchy red skin, etc, etc. Just one more month and hopefully I will get some answers. Darn, I wish I could have gotten an appointment sooner...Sept. 13, CAN'T WAIT!!!

fibroinsd responded:
Glad you got an appointment...hope this Rhumy is a good one...
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

cattlebarroness09 responded:
Glad you have an appointment, I understand it is a ways off but at least you have it set.

When I went to a new doctor, I made a list of all my problems before I went so I would remember everything, just a thought.

Hope you get some help when you go.

Shar in Tx.

Lauralizzie01 responded:
Yay for that... I just moved... can't even see a pcp till the twenty ninth of september... boo... no meds until AT LEAST then...crossin my fingers for you!!

Sharbear50 replied to cattlebarroness09's response:
I have had my list ready for months. Now a new symptom. Does anyone ever see a prismatic sort of flashing lights? Weird...does this mean I am about to get another migraine?

Socialwrkr replied to Sharbear50's response:
It could be an aura before a migraine. It also could be something with your eyes, so keep an "eye" on it, if it gets worse, try to get into an opthamologist asap.

Glad you have an appointment and glad you didn't listen to the PA. Massages etc are great tools, but we also need to see the right docs!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fibromyalgia-Support-Groups-by-Aimee http://www.lumigrate.com/ Fibromyalgia forum writer, Aimee

Sharbear50 replied to Socialwrkr's response:
Thank you all for your replies...today is the day I get to see the Rhumy, yeah! I am working on my list of symptoms. Sick and tired of the pains all over, dizziness, brain fog, etc. Wish me luck and prayers are welcome.
Sharon

hisfaithful1 replied to Sharbear50's response:
Sharbear, I'm glad for you!

Just asked the Lord to be with you, and to give this doctor wisdom concerning you. How awesome it is when we do not even know someone except through cyber space, and yet can still lift them up in prayer!

If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you desire, and it will be done for you. John 15:7

katmandulou responded:
Sharbear50:
Glad you're seeing some one new. My rheumy is great, and a listener, I hope yours is too!

angelldakota replied to Sharbear50's response:
Bless you with the right Dr today and hope all goes well... God is with you I am sure... You are in my thoughts and prayers... come back soon and let us know how it went...

take care...

luv to all... jan/angelldakpta

Sharbear50 replied to angelldakota's response:
Darn, I waited 2 hours in the waiting room and then had to reschedule my appointment. They had emergencies come up and the Rheumy couldn't see me...Now I wait again. I am so upset, I don't know when my next appt will be. (

Sharbear50 replied to Sharbear50's response:
I finally did get to see my Rheumy and apparently I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and carpal tunnel. Unfortunately now I don't have insurance so I haven't gone back to get any treatment. When I asked how much an office visit is without insurance i was told $200 plus. I can't do that!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.