Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Have moved to beyond numb
MagPrincess posted:
not sure what else to call it.

I got a frantic call from my sister in califronia yesterday. She got a call from my mom.

My sister who had the baby in january tried to commit suicide.

I just can't even process anything.

Just wanted to let you all know

Erin

Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain.
William Faulkner
FirstPrevious12NextLast

alispazz responded:
Erin

I am so sorry to hear this, will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Hugs

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

dollbug responded:
May GOD comfort Erin and her family at this time....May GOD provide them peace and understanding....when it is so hard to understand things is life that happen....May GOD bless them and guide them.....

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....I hope that your sister will get the help that she needs....sometimes, we never understand things that happen in our lives....which can make it that much harder on us.....

Take care....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Anjl26 responded:
Gosh Erin, when it rains it pours! At least your sister will now get the help she obviously needed.

Just when I think nothing more can go wrong, it does. Sorry for all this stuff you are dealing with right now. Things do have to get better.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

1rmouse responded:
Erin I know your are feeling a bit overwhelmed about now, any one of us would be if we had what's on your plate. But as much as that is we know that God will never give you more than you can handle.
Your sister needed help, she will now get it, that's a blessing and I am sure a relief to you and your family.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Linda R.

karenrugs responded:
Erin,

Keeping your family in my thoughts.

Hugz,

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

fibroinsd responded:
Erin...my heart goes out to you. Your family will be in my prayers.. if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know...hugs to you...cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

MaMaTwig responded:
Dear Erin,

God Bless you and your family, I will pray for all of you....

So Sorry to hear about something so tragic that happened to your family!!!!

Keep you faith!!!!!
CHRISTINA :)

MagPrincess replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thank you all.

I am dealing. I am staying pretty numb right now with xanax until i can get to the weekend and just deal. If i don't i just cry and cry and cry.

my mom is just over it all and wants to cash in stocks and just give us money and say i am done.
I am just not really in a position to really think or make any real decisions right now.

I do have an appt with my PCP on wednesday. so that is good.

I did call the crisis center and inquired about wether children and family gets involved. not unless she is the primary care giver. oh she is. Oh okay well thank you for the information. At least that baby will be looked after and her best interest provided for. Plus i just couldn't stop thinking of what if they released her early and she did something to herself again or to that baby.
Erin Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain. William Faulkner

Rozzy12 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi Erin...

I am so sorry to hear this sometimes I believe us with FM go through a lot of issues in life and at times I just don't understand.. I will be praying for you and your sister..

Hugs,

Rozzy

Terry2228 replied to Rozzy12's response:
Oh Erin no one can put into words how we feel for you and your family at this time to make this pain go away. At least you know your FM family are here with prayers {{{Hugs}}} and good thoughts. I have had a few close family do the same thing and I will never under stand but love them even more,because it had to have felt so bad for them to have taken this hard way out. It's hard some times when mental as well as our phisical pain gets so bad you just want it to go away and some times you cant think of tomorrow thur the thick fog:( Love is sent your way from me and my whole family.Bless You
Terry

CLKWC1964 responded:
Erin,

Suicide is so hard to understand and even harder to deal with. My brother committed suicide when he was 23. It has been a very difficult and devastating event for our family for the last 12 years since it occured. Please encourage your sister to seek counseling and help. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Life changes everyday of our lives. How we feel today can miraculously be different tomorrow. Dealing with this FM has made me think of suicide often but to actually do it I could never put my family through such a thing. I will keep your sister in my prayers and your family and I hope that your sister will find solace and peace by way of another avenue. Good Luck and God Bless. Cat :0)

icyhotmama responded:
Erin,

I just don't know quite what to say. First of all is your sister ok?
I will keep your family in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Lydia

BEACHAHOLIC responded:
OMG Erin you are so being tried, but your sister and her child that's another level....

My son says the most beautiful nightly prayers, and I do think they are heard....so we will remember you and your family. And hope that someone can touch her life and say the words that reach her soul...

I worked in the Psych ward as a new RN and had patients that were there for that reason. I pray she gets a therapist that truly cares about her, and the support she needs....

Believe me we will remember all of you and prayer to whomever is listening...we're not particular.

Extra extra extra hugs and love to you and your family Erin,

Annmarie

pocotaz responded:
Erin... i hope your sister can now get the help she needs.. Postpartum depression may be what she's experiencing...she just had this babay right.... so i hope they help her..

Very sorry and will keep all of you in my prayers... situations like these are so hard to deal... and she may not have even know what was wrong with her...

Let us know how she and the baby are doing..o.k.

Hugs..Sweet Erin... just love her... be there for her if she needs to talk... depression as alot of us have been there s so hardto get out of but easier if we have love and support from our family...i wish her well..

Linda

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.