Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
UPDATE ON SSDI HEARING
Rozzy12 posted:
Hi Fmily!

Well, had my hearing this morning... And the judge was a jerk... He grilled me on things that didn't have anything to do with my case.. Like can you subtract these two numbers... I think he was trying to see if I was lying I had a breakdown in the court room however the voc rehab counselor only came up with two jobs that I could do telemarketing and receptionist however, the judge asked him if I was to be absent would that be tolerated and he said no your honor she would be fired!!!! Then my attorney fired back and found out that he was using data from 2007 he asked there are two million jobs that have been lost why isn't he using correct data....

So, needless to say it was the most awful thing for a person to go through and on top of that I was in a flare.... I told the judge my memory is a lot worse and at times I have been suicidal, felt like a burden to people and extremely depressed and have anxiety so, he didn't give me a answer he said he will be in touch which he has 60 days to mail a letter... JUST GREAT!!!!!!! More waiting hopefully this is the end its out of my hands now...

The judge did say a comment to me which I nor my attorney liked at all... He said you do realize some doctor's don't believe in this... Sent me through the roof.. However, I remained calm and answered yes unfourntely your honor that is what we have to go through is a lot of discrimination of doctor's don't believe in us...

I did the best to answer and be as truthful as possible so, hopefully he sees that... He tried his best to trip me up into lies however, some things I didn't remember and I told him my memory hasn't been doing well these days... Like I can walk into the kitchen and forget I left the water running and go back into the kitchen and see the water was left on...

I was a complete mess after court couldn't stop crying.. NO ONE should have to go through this have to fight for money that is rightfully ours..

I will keep everyone posted of the outcome....

Have a nice evening FMILY

Hugs,

Rozzy

TCL38 responded:
Rozzy,

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry hon!

I met with my attorney for the first time. He was nice and I did sign the papers to work with him.

But he said,

"It's a good thing you're already divorced because of the 600-700 cases I've done about 90% end up divorced just because of this process. And once they are divorced about 75% of those end up homeless at some point or another before they get their approval."

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I am pouting in my room away from all sharp metal objects for the rest of the night.

He also told me if we get denied on the reconsideration that if there's an urgent need like an eviction then my case would go to the head of line to see a judge. So I clarified and said, "Are you telling me that if would be a good idea to get evicted on purpose?" "Yes that's exactly what I'm saying."

You're right.......NO ONE should have to go through this to get back what was taken from us.

He did agree the more doctor's visits the better as long as the docs are making the proper notes so for anyone who's considering SSDI I suggest you have a conversation with your doctors about the wording in the chart. He said it's the wording that makes all the difference.

Anyway Rozzy, major hugs sweetie. This is so wrong. I'm so so so so sorry it was a bad experience for you.

Tanya

Dollbug responded:
Hello Rozzy.....MiMi in NC.....I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this crap....and yes....I said crap....for the community sakes....people should not have to endure such as this....to fight for a benefit that should be there when it is needed.....I have said it many times....the system stinks and is so badly broken....this is just a way for the system to screw people over....

As I said this morning under the Roll Call post....who is the person behind the robe and what has influenced him making the decisions that he makes for people each and every day....was he bullied in school....did he have a rough life....or just who is he....and does he really abide by what is indeed legal and lawful.....and the goes for everything also...

You know....only a few people "control the country" and those people have not done a good job in doing their jobs....sorry...I am back on my soapbox again....I think this is the 3rd time today....and you know....3 strikes and you are out....

That's it....for today anyway....

Rozzy....hang in there....we FMers must keep on keeping on....until we get to where we need to be....

Thoughts and prayers are with you....

Take care and good luck.....I hope time will pass quickly for you....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

ednaroberts1978 responded:
Rozzy,

I am so sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience. You're right no one should have to go through that especially in a flare. They don't understand, if they did it wouldn't be so difficult to get the money that we've earned.

Personally, I would have probably made things worse by saying I could do his job. I mean how hard is it to sit there and completely ignore all the facts that you've heard and give judgement on subject matter that you know nothing about? No, a lot of doctors don't believe in this. Which is why it takes so long for so many of us to get diagnosed. The fact that some doctors DO believe should mean something? I mean are they calling these doctors incompetent or ignorant, because that's what it sounds like to me.

Sorry, off on my own little rant there for a second... I'm still waiting to hear back regarding my claim and after yours and Tanya's experiences I'm not holding out much hope of getting the help. It's not like I want to do this, I would love to be able to get out and work like I used to. I've worked in pain before believe me. I had a herniated disc and was pregnant to boot, my left leg was numb all the time and I couldn't stand up straight. I worked up until I gave birth. Worked some more right up until the day I had surgery on my back. So when I say I can't do that now, I mean it.

I got sent a questionnaire that my husband and myself had to fill out. Things like what do you do from the time you get up until the time you go to bed. I'm sitting there filling it out and feeling even more depressed about my situation and how useless I've become. I guess maybe they were hoping to guilt me into going back to work!

WHEW, sorry off on a tangent again!!

I know things are stressful for you right now. I won't even bother telling you not to stress about the decision because, of course you're going to stress. I will say take a lot of extra care of yourself right now.

Keep us posted on the outcome and I will be praying for you.

Edna

Terry2228 responded:
Rozzy I am so sorry this is as if you were up for murder the way that judge sounded. I hope some thing is done so the medical world sees this is for real,we who suffer arre real and we need help.All of us have good days and bad so some days I could answer some thing the next not. It makes me fear what I have to look forward to if I ever get a hearing. I send a soft shoulder to put your head on and I am so sorry you went thur this:( I hope and will pray that you get a letter and you get it and that will be that.{{{Hugs}}}
Terry

pocotaz responded:
Rozzy...take a deep breath...think about what all the others here have sad about how the system works... not very well and you always get the run around...

It is because of so many wo have gotten disability but seem to be able to do what they said they couldn't and this is why they are comng down hard on the rest of the ones who really need this...so it is you who ends up fighting so hard for something you need because of others who screwed the system.

If he denies...then you go back and appeal his decision...keep fighting because that's who you are...don't give up or give in...it stinks that you should have to go throguh this battle but that's how the system works now... i am sorry your experience was stressful...but you know you need this so keep going...

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that in the 60 day wait..you find he approved this...keep hopes up...but if the outcomes in the end is denied...then appeal..yes it stinks and you shouldn't have to but unfortunaltly..it is how the system is working today...very sad indeed...

Hugs sweet lady...and good luck...until you hear from them..please try to keep going and look fo those positives..o.k.

Rozzy12 replied to pocotaz's response:
Hi Fmily~

Thank you all so much for you posts.. I will like MIMI says keep on keeping on... I will not lay down and be defeated if I keep the fight going then it might get easier for the next person like me who has Fibro and needs someone to understand.... I am fighter always have been always will be so, this is just another bump in the road and I will make it through and plus I have all of you in my corner....

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!

Rozzy

HOPEFIBRO replied to Rozzy12's response:
Rozzy,
I am so sorry that you were treated like this. Remarks like he made can anger us & frustrate us. Don't ever give up! I am in the process of S.S. too. I have to go to a psych. tomorrow for an evaluation because my med. records say I have depression & anxiety without any treatment except medication. The thought of having to go thru this & then have to face a judge is overwhelming. I guess that it is better to stand up & fight then to give up and try to do something you know you aren't capable of doing. I have worked with pain also. I have Fibro. & a brain tumor. I worked until the Fibro. started, so I didn't give up when I was diag. with a pituitary adenoma. But now I just can't work, think straight, etc. We all know how debilitating this disease is. I have a butterfly thing that helps me keep fighting. When you see a white butterfly flying around, they think they are happy or content, after all they are flying. But if you endure & persevere and keep growing,changing & keep fighting, then you can become a beautiful butterfly and spread your wings with the amazing colors you have earned and soar to where God wants you to be. Just never give up! God bless you.

Socialwrkr responded:
I'm SO sorry you had to deal with a jerk judge. Honestly, I don't think some of these folks realize this isn't a "case" to us, it's our very lives and so critical.

I'm saying prayers for the right decision to happen and for it to be quick!

Take care Rozzy!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fibromyalgia-Support-Groups-by-Aimee http://www.lumigrate.com/ Fibromyalgia forum writer, Aimee

angelldakota responded:
hi hun... rozzy you are right ... you are no quitter... You are a fighter... I went to appeal court 3 times and the fourth time I got the approval before court date... they called me and said I was approved and should get the check and paperwork within 2 weeks... my court date was almost 2 months away... I had seen their drs and psychiatrist again and it went thru finally...

Don't give up... You can do it... Hopefully this time... and if not you can hold your own... you can do this...

do something good for you each and every day...

take care... my thoughts and prayers are with you... luv.... jan/angelldakota

luvtobnana responded:
Hi Rozzy,

Sorry to hear how bad it was for u.Haven't been on here for a long time.Used to go by luvtobnana.My hearing is scheduled for next week on Wed.I have been stressing so bad over this and hope mine is not like that.We have all been through enough and am so mad that our doctors word isn't enough.Will pray u get your approval.

karenrugs responded:
Rozzy,

I hope everything works out in the best way for you.

Have a good day today and watch out for the facet.

Hugz,

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

lb707 responded:
Rozzy,

I am so sorry for what you went through with the judge, I had the last exam by a Psychologist who ask some of the same questions. Difference if that it was just her and I in a room. She was kind and just wanted to get to know how this all affected my life. The judge was way out of line and using his authority to get to the point.

I only hope you get a positive letter from him soon.

Laura

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.