Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TUESDAY...it is TUESDAY
booch007 posted:
I am sick, down all day on the sofa and then in bed....don't know how I got sick, it is either viral throat or strep. Small fever, chills...POO I had so much more to do.

I started with more muscle aches then I should have, and ??not knowing why, then the throat on Sunday night.....and now I LOST yesterday.

Mimi, I was going to post under Monday monday....then I noticed the *hours note and I saw 20 hours...18 hours...OMG..TODAY IS TUESDAY !!!

Glad I have it off to sit and DO nothing.

Geez.......the kitchen is done and the lights hung, takes a bit to get used to, but I like it....DH is a bit quiet, but likes it he says.....???? I'll know when the rest of the family sees it, they never hold back.

I am in a bit more pain (raining....weekend marathon...sick.....) I don't know, but I will listen to the ole body and sit still.

I haven't seen my GD in weeks now, there is always a reason they have to not have her here or to meet me at the store. I am trying to not take it to heart, there will be lots of time in the future to see her I guess, just hoping she doesn't forget me.
She is with her other granny every week 2-3 times, so I am truly outside the box here.

My mantra was given me by many patients over the years...."Keep your mouth shut (so hard for me) and your pocket book open".still working on all that, and hopeful it is going well.

Hope the day is better for all, it is raining still all day, and we NEED IT so bad. try and enjoy your day..........Nancy B

dollbug responded:
Hello Nana B......MiMi in NC.....I am sorry but I guess I was posting the same time you were.....I had to get up a couple of times to let the dogs outside....as one of them barks when it is time for them to get up....they have their own little room to be in.....and their own space.....I learned my lesson on the last little dog I had....(for 18 years)....he was so very attached to me.....and he slept with me....right against my back....as I was a side sleeper for a while....then a back sleeper...and of course now I am a recliner sleeper....with lots of pillows....LOL....so very strange how I have changed....but as I have said....I do what I have to do to cope.....

Anyway....I would have not started a Tuesday post....had I known you were doing one also.....

I am sorry that you are now feeling ok this morning....as I know just how bad this makes us FMers....when we are even sicker than normal....not a good thing ....for the mind or the body.....

Try to get some rest......and hopefully this sickness will be shortlived for you....

Oh....Nana B....I am so sad that you have not seen little Olivia Rose lately.....I have not seen my little granddaughter in months now....I think that soon I am going to fight for "grandparents rights in NC".....I do not know the process....but I think I will find out just what I need to do....I do know the feeling you have though....this is NOT the first time that the ex has done this to all of us....

It is so sad....for little G....I recently saw a picture of her online....and she looks like she is mad at the world....and I am quite sure this is how she feels....a while back she told me that her mommy no longer wanted to "snuggle with her"...how sad......children see and hear a lot more than adults give them credit for....and children also know more than adults think that they know....I can only pray and hope that GOD will look after this little one....as I have no control to do anything at this time....(this might be a good thing for me)

You know....what is truly sad...is that I have been there done that....and it is not a good thing....this same thing is what ruined my relationship with my mother....and as I grew up and figured this out.....I made my own choices of what to do....and it made a BIG difference in my adult life....but my childhood was over, at that point....and I had missed so very much....

So sad that people do things to "get even"....when no one is really affected from this but the little ones....and they do not understand any of it....

Oh my.....let me get off this soapbox....

Nana B....hang in there....cherish the time that you have with Olivia Rose....and I am sure that you two already have a bond....I know that I have a close bond with each of my grandchildren....even though I do not get to see G.....we
grandmothers can only do what we can do.....and we will make it special when we can.....but I do know how you feel...

Nana B.....a great big soft HUG to you today.....I hope that you feel better soon....please rest....and do nothing but rest....watch a good movie....or read a good book....

Take care......

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Anjl26 responded:
So sorry that you are down sick Nancy. Anything added on top of FM just makes for a miserable experience.

Have you considered that maybe they "think" they are being considerate by not bringing your GD around as often? Maybe they have seen how much pain you have afterwards and are trying to not cause you any more?

It's rainy and dreary here too, so you can expect more of it tomorrow.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

mischelle360 responded:
Sorry you are feeling sick Nancy, be careful as strep throat is going around. My youngest had it last week and she only ran a mild fever with her's, which is unusual for her (esp her) with having strep.

But her poor throat was so swollen and nasty looking.... 6 days ago and a zpack later she still sounds stuffy, so not sure what's going around with it.

Take Care and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

~Sonya~

fibroinsd responded:
Nancy...so sorry you are sick...hope you get to rest up today..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

alispazz responded:
Nancy

So sorry you have the bug...and I think that that is what it is went through DH and I about a month ago. After a week we went to DR and he gave us scripts for Throat and Ears, it take a while to get better.

I am sure that the kitchen is lovely.....My DH say's it OK which always makes me mad but then when I threaten to take it back the way it was he says he likes it,

I had to laugh at the keep mouth shut and pocket book open....Thats where I got into trouble...But you can only keep mouth shut so long or you feel like a hypocrite. Besides that goes against my very nature, and whyy should I walk on egg shellls to make someone else happy....Because I really miss seeing my babies ....But Christmas is coming and they have never passed up the opportunity for ffree stuff....

Hope you get to see little Olivia soon, as your throat is better.

Hugs and warm thoughts

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

pnaturegirl responded:
Oh Nancy,

Rest up and try and relax!!

Glad your kitchen is done and looking forward to the pics!

The dragon has flew over to my house as well and breaking out Vicodin today and doing nothing!

Take Care,
Penny
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

cattlebarroness09 responded:
Hope you get over whatever you have quickly, we have enough aches and pains without something else slipping in.

We are working on our kitchen too, I will be glad when it is finished.

Shar in Tx.

angelldakota responded:
I am sorry you are ill... I hope you feel better real soon... Rest... Drink plenty of water and good stuff... watch some good movies and do what I do... Fall asleep in the middle of them lol... then you have an excuse to watch it again lol... If I start to read a good book I don't get much sleep unless I take something that makes me drowsy lol... and the drowsy turns into sleep lol...

you take special care...

luv... jan/angelldakota

booch007 responded:
Thanks everyone, I started Penicillin this afternoon (well mid morning) pockets in the throat and I am so *off.....I will cover the worst offender. If viral i won't get better....

PCN is cheap enough to have, and here's hoping tomorrow goes well, I am off to work. I am hoping for a 4 hour stay only.....
We will see..........lots of hand washing and alcohol sanitizer.

Motrin isn't helping me tonight either.....geez IT IS ALWAYS SOMETHING.... I will not care for anyone with immune compromise, I will be on abx for 24* by that time.....so, I am hoping for a quick recovery when I awake!

Here's praying for this.....Nancy B

pocotaz replied to booch007's response:
The weather seems to be getting alot of people sick ...from cool and wet...to sunny and hot... and they come into your office with germs...

I hope you will feel better when you wake... so sorry to hear you aren't seeing Olivia..

My youngest brother doesn't bring his kids to my parents all that much either...ever since my mom told them she couldn't handle babysitting all day a few years ago...they got upset and now she only gets to see them every once in awhile...

Maybe with you though...your son sees how it hurts you physically after? Like Sharon mentioned... i send you hugs Nancy...i know you miss her so

Get well and then maybe you can offer to take her for a weekend so they can have mommy / daddy time?

Worth a shot...rest and feel better soon

Linda

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.