Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr visit
jamesii posted:
I went to the Derm Dr today. She said I may have porferia( or is it proferia?) I had to give a urine sample and blood work for the dx.

I did the blood and went to the room to wet the bottle,while in there the bloodtaker opened the little shelf door in the back of the room and said to come back as they needed 1 more vial of blood. She took 1 in green, but they told her she needed one in blue. Five sticks it took to get the job done. My hands were cold and she couldn't get it there. Finally she got it. I really felt "holy" today.

The dr froze 2 precancer spots, 1 on my head, 1 on my leg. They are always doing that.

I will go back in 2 months for the results. My skin was aching and burning terribly bad on my face and arms. My hands were freezing. I told her that any help would be appreciated with that problem. She is trying.

A bit cooler in Ark-hooray!! I was tired of the scorching temps.

Hope everyone else is having as good of a day as possible.

Ark Jim

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope you're feeling better today, Jim.

I'm glad your dermatologist is working hard to take care of things.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

Socialwrkr responded:
I have a niece who has had more precancer spots removed than I can count. Poor kid is only 14. And pale as pale can be, she uses a 80% sunblock under clothing even but doesn't seem to matter, she gets alot on the bottom of her feet and on her inner thighs.

Anyway, sorry they kept messing with ya! I wouldn't like to be filling a cup and hear that I needed to give More blood! LOL!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fibromyalgia-Support-Groups-by-Aimee http://www.lumigrate.com/ Fibromyalgia forum writer, Aimee

jamesii replied to Socialwrkr's response:
It was quite a shock to see someone peering thru that little shelf window and telling me to come back to give more blood-all that while I was peeing in the bottle. geesh, is there nothing private. just glad to get it over with.

I used the sunblock today, made me ill. The smell of it on my face doesn't do much for me. Dr is sending me some from the pharmacy, maybe it won't be so offensive to my smeller.

In VietNam we went without our shirts when we could in 120 degree temperatures, they sprayed agent orange all over our area. I suppose that is why I am having those. Never had any on bottom of my feet, on my legs, face, and head. I had 1 on my nose that was cancer, they cut it out. Glad that little sucker is gone.

Ark Jim.

alispazz replied to jamesii's response:
JIM

Looks like you and I have skin very much the same, I have had 2 surgeries on the nose, and countless of them frozen, just recently I underwent a new round of biopsy's

If you can stand the smell of baby lotion, they have one for kids that I use that is spf 50. I can't stand most and most break me out in hives.

You do know that as far as medical professionals go they really have seen it all, and there is no such thing as privacy.....ever had a colonoscopy...now that is really not a fun thing to wake up from.....LOL....

Hope you get to doing better soon.

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

pocotaz responded:
Hi Jim....

Hugs to you...have missed talking with you...

I sure hope this doc. can help you figure out how to take care of this skin burning you've been having... remember i get that too...i lowered my gabapentin and for some reason it doesn't burn as often...huh...

If she is able to help you..please share what the do...i am still hoping they hae help for that...boy does that hurt bad at times....

Glad you got the skin cancer lookd at and taken care of too...and i would have been embarassed about them peeking in while i peed too.....geesh...

Hugs

Grampa_Bear responded:
Hey Jim,

Yep, I know the feeling on the blood vials....when I go see my Oncologist, they always leave me just enough to get a good buzz going....the guy who does the blood drawing (Phlebotomist) is an ex-Navy sub driver...I was in the USN too, so when he asks me where I was, he replies "OH, you were a target then!"...with a very evil grin.

Hope everything works out ok for you....I hate docs...all they want to do is make you feel worse, stick you with needles, and keep you from having a good time...but it's ok if they do (Don't get me started on seeing my Cardiologist sucking down donuts while I was there for a stress test either :eyeroll: )

Glad your temps are coming down...hate the hot stickies (so does my lungs and ticker too).

Take care of yerself there bud.

Jim
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

jamesii replied to Grampa_Bear's response:
Hi to the alien hunter, seen any good ones lately? I met a fellow at church this morning, He said he was in the navy during the time I was in vietnam. He was there in 1969, I was there 68 to 69 in the Army in combat. He was on a carrier parked in the gulf.

I am proud to meet men like him, they pulled us out of the fire a lot of times by sending in the Navy Jets. Nice man.

How are you and the boss doing these days? me and mine are doing pretty good. The kids/g'kids keep us busy and out of trouble.

Ark Jim

Grampa_Bear replied to jamesii's response:
Hey Jim,

Sure....I see aliens every time I look in the mirror :goofy:

Yep, that's about the time I was in too....did a 7 year hitch myself, and most of my time was "shore duty", and not always in such great places. I seem to remember a REEEEAAALLLY long airplane ride in a P-2 Neptune...man those things have long legs! :ooh:. If you see that guy again, ask him if he's familiar with the term "Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club"...see what his reaction is :sillygrin: :wink:

We're doing pretty well for a couple of geezers....Da Boss has bronchitis, getting over it, but some is still hanging on, then the middle of next month she goes in to get her knee replaced.

Before she goes in, our daughter and grand daughter will be coming up for a visit, and the bunch are going to a family reunion (minus me...don't travel real well). I might get baby-sitting duty for the day...if so, maybe the little one and I can head over to the zoo and see what they've got there...ya never know.

Take care and have a good one (but don't get caught at it).

Jim
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.