Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF
Anjl26 posted:
Good evening FMily! I am quite happy the weekend is here. Even with taking yesterday off work, I still put in way more hours that I wanted to. Unfortunately, I also brought some work home with me.

For way too many reasons than I can explain, things are crazy at work. I don't expect it to slow down too soon either. :( As one of the surgeons told me this morning, "everyone wants to meet with you"... yes, my email box reflects that fact.

I am awaiting a phone call from my mother. We are waiting for biopsy results for my 20 yr old neice. She found a lump in her breast this week. Unfortunately, it runs in her mother's side of the family. My brother is beside himself with worry.

Luckily I have vacation planned in 2 weeks, so I'll be getting a break at least. It's not a good time for me to be away from work but we planned this long ago and I'm not rescheduling.

I'll keep trying to check in when I can. Sorry that I don't have time to do much reading or replying. Some times life just gets in the way.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.

hugs Sharon

pocotaz responded:
Sharon,

If you get to read this...i will keep your neicein my prayers...i can only imagine.... i hope it's benign...

Work stinks at times...hope you can get rest inbetween...maybe no working this weekend !!!! Rest for the upcoming week... and i wouldn't change my vacation plans either...you need this break....

Linda

melissanmike responded:
Hi Sharon,
I'm sorry about the health scare your niece is having right now. I pray for a good outcome and that it is just that.....a scare.

Sounds like you're a busy girl right now. My job has ebbs and flows of busy times. It can get pretty crazy at times. I know that come November and December....I probably won't be able to respond to any posts.... I'll be practically living at work. So, don't you worry about responding or replying. You take care of you. Priorities.

You know, I agree with you and Linda... I wouldn't reschedule, either. You need a break. You need a chance to have no worries in your life. To stop and smell the flowers. And to be kind to yourself.

Enjoy your vacation. You deserve it.

TGIF,
Melissa

Anjl26 replied to melissanmike's response:
Thanks for the healing thoughts for my niece. :) The biopsy came back.. no cancer... yet. I didn't get the whole story, as my mom has no medical background, but even though the biopsy is negative they are still concerned enough they want to remove it.

She starts back to college on Monday. They are thinking to have this done on her next break. Her identical twin sister also has to go in and get a mammogram. What one gets, the other always gets too.

So, my family is settling down a bit. Everyone will continue to be concerned until she has the surgery and the pathology comes back negative but they aren't totally freaking out like yesterday.

I had planned to work this morning but that idea was shot down when I discovered the website will be down all day for upgrades. So, I'll be cleaning and doing stuff around the house instead. :) Maybe someone knew I needed the break.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.