Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Top Ten Rejected Theories About The Cause Of Fibromyalgia
Mark Pellegrino, MD posted:
Since we've been discussing causes of FM, I thought I would include a Top Ten list for your enjoyment!

Top Ten Rejected Theories About The Cause Of Fibromyalgia:

1. Oxygen allergy
2. Watching TV too close as a child
3. Firefly radiation
4. Eating too much microwave cooking
5. Microscopic defects in teeth enamel
6. Acute exposure to burnt popcorn smell
7. Overexposure to sneezes from inconsiderate people who didn't cover their mouths
8. Too many refrigerator magnets
10. Drinking too much water

Dr. P

pnaturegirl responded:
To funny!!

We seem to be in a good mood this evening?

Maybe a tide is turning for myself as well, I felt better today and now I am a redhead again! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

Grampa_Bear responded:
You forgot....

ALIEN IMPLANTS!!

C'mon Doc, we look to you to give us up-to-date info here!

Jim
:wink:
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

CelineOC responded:
11. Drinking beer out of damp glasses.
12. Wearing fake jewellry.

?

pnaturegirl replied to Grampa_Bear's response:
It is not? Ha!!!!!
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

TCL38 responded:
OMGOSH that's it NUMBER SIX is WHY I HAVE FIBRO

I LOVE BURNT POPCORN....burn it on purpose.

ROFLMBO!!!!!!

Twisted!

Tanya

karenrugs responded:
I knew it, I knew it. LOL!!

Thanks for the chuckles. By the way, I agree with Jim, you forgot alien abductions.

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

Socialwrkr responded:
13. Oversleeping through Church
14. tight fitting clothing

Thanks Doc!!! Always good for a giggle!
Be Gentle on Yourself!!! ~~Aimee http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fibromyalgia-Support-Groups-by-Aimee http://www.lumigrate.com/ Fibromyalgia forum writer, Aimee

melissanmike responded:
15. Going Barefoot too many times
16. Using too much starch while ironing your clothing

: )

Melissa

alispazz responded:
17. wearing white shoes after labor day.

18 breaking the turkey wishbone, before Thanksgiving is over.
19 Getting barfed on on a ferris wheel, from the top.

shall I keep going.
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

mischelle360 replied to alispazz's response:
20. Eating desert before dinner.

21. Changing dirty diapers on baby boys and getting a not so pleasant shower in the process.

MagPrincess replied to mischelle360's response:
22. Being too sarcastic for your own good.

23. holding anger in too long

24. eating too much sugar donuts

25. not exersizing enough

26. eating too many green skittles

27. wanting an excuse for being lazy
Erin Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain. William Faulkner

jamesii responded:
I read all the posts, nothing I can add to it. yall covered about all of it.

What about staring towrd the sun to long? Could that also be excluded?

Ark Jim

Grampa_Bear replied to MagPrincess's response:
Nope Erin....they've scientifically disproved your #24. It's now one of the basic food groups...along with skittles, pies (any kind), cake (any kind) and any mixture of bananas, ice cream, fruit toppings, whipped cream and nut sprinkles. :goofy:

Now, dontcha wish I worked for the FDA?? HMMMMM?????

Doctor Jim :wink:

Jim
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
What a fun thread!

Some of the original 10 didn't surprise as I'd heard them but the fireflies one.... really?! That doesn't explain ME though, considering I've never seen a real firefly (just the fake ones at Disneyland).

The fridge magnets made me chuckle and some of the ones all you members added had me laughing out loud!
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.