Skip to content
Has anyone tried Apple Cider Vinegar???
BEACHAHOLIC posted:
HI ALL,
I was getting my blood drawn today, and listened to a very contagious conversation about people taking Apple Cider Vinegar. This was done for many conditions, one being FM. It was taken in pill form, or by the spoonful with honey(although I heard this route my cause esophageal varicies)....Any input on this therapy, as a way to "clean" your blood without the negatives of chelation....?????......
Looking forward to seeing your answers,
Annmarie :)

Take the Poll

Have you heard of taking Apple Cider Vinegar for FM?
  • Yes, I take it.
  • Yes, but I have not tried it.
  • No, I have not heard of this.
  • Not sure.
  • Not interested.
vote
View Poll Results

fibroKimber responded:
Hi annmarie,
I have heard of this, but not specifically for FM. I believe apple cider vinegar used to be used as a homeopathic remedy for rheumatic conditions because of the benefits of the malic acid it contains... so you could just take malic acid supplements ;-) I just started taking a magnesium/malic acid combo, so ill let you know if it seems to help!
Kimber

alispazz responded:
AnnMarie

I really don't mean to laugh...which is what I have been doing...

Old wives tales say that vinegar is good for arthritis,

Depending on where the age group was it is also used to disguste, certain drugs in drug screens for companies that require random.....Some people believe it will also keep marijuana from showing in urine test...

Ali
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Dollbug responded:
Hello Annmarie.....MiMi in NC....I just wanted to comment to this post.....my dear aunt who was diabetic actually got an ulcer on her foot....and the doctors were amazed that it did not get into the bone....but I do want to share with you....she did in fact soak her foot in vinegar water and you know....although the doctors said it would never heal....when she broke her foot and could not walk....it did heal...and none of the doctors understand how this happened....

I am the one who took care of her....and I think her soaking the foot in vinegar water had something to do with all of this...

I have heard of people taking the pills but I have not tried it....and it is probably the malic acid which is in them....I do take the magnesium and malic combination supplement.....along with the Omegas, Vitamin B Complex, Calcium and Vitamin D.....and I know that the combination of this allows me to "control my FM pain"....so with that being said....I do not doubt for a minute that the vinegar tablets would help....

I also know that Dr. Phil's wife takes vinegar every night....as she wrote on book on how she stays fit....so perhaps she too is on to something....

Thanks for sharing.....the poll will be interesting....and I wonder if Dr. P will also chime in here....I guess we will have to wait and see.

Take care...

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

Grampa_Bear responded:
I tried it...didn't do a thing for me....Mary uses it when she has one form of the plague or another and it seems to help her with her cough...PLUS...she found that if she takes a tsp. of it ahead of time, then onions don't bother her...Heartburn - 0.

Jim
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

BEACHAHOLIC replied to alispazz's response:
Hey Ali,
As a fellow nurse, I am surprised to see that you are laughing...I have stop laughing, as although my knowledge and work experience is quite vast, you wouldn't find me snubbing anything that may have benefits. Each and every person has common sense, however in this day and age, many things are being used with crossover benefits that may have added benefits which have proven newly determined. I have found this in many areas of medicine, and I know my knowledge, as vast as it maybe; will not find me laughing at any new or OLD alternatives yet to be proven.
I think an open mind when dealing with aany illness can only be a plus...
Just my thoughts,
Annmarie

BEACHAHOLIC replied to fibroKimber's response:
Hi Kimber,
I am truly interested to see if u feel any bebfits from the supplement combination...I too will be adding that to my regime. Looking forward to hearing from you...hope u have good results.
Truly,
Annmarie ;)

BEACHAHOLIC replied to Dollbug's response:
Hi MiMi,
I was truly happy to see your input, as I always enjoy your responses. Your so very kind always putting info out there that may help someone out there. I appreciate all of your posts and find you to be someone always sharing your wisdom:)
You never know what may help someone. I don't consider myself someone to overlook anything out there. Afterall, that is how new cures and therapies are found daily....that much I'm sure of.....after that, at this stage; anything within reason goes....
Wishing you wellness, and strength,
Truly,
Annmarie ;)

BEACHAHOLIC replied to Grampa_Bear's response:
Hi Jim,
I have years of wholistic medicine experience, working with the most top notch docs in the Tri-state area...very state of the art...and I will never dismiss anything until I've researched it...
I'm glad it works for Mary's cough...you never know, if something might make a dent....Thanks for always sharing your sense of humor Jim...u always make me smile.....
Hugs to you, and wellness wished your way,
Truly,
Annmarie ;)

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.