Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fibromyalgia causes my BP and pulse to severely drop before onset of fatigue
shirley2010 posted:
I have had Fibromyalgia for several years... flu like symptoms, but also heart palpitations...another problem is that whenever these symtoms occur, my blood pressure drops down extremely low; as low as 50 over 70 , with the pulse at about 50 0r 55 !! Has anyone else experienced these problems ?? Exhausting ?!?

booch007 responded:
Morning Shirley,
These don't sound FM related...I would have the stroy and sequence of events written down and what was happening around it...for the doctor. maybe a Cardiologist should see you.
Someone in the cardiovascular field.

Good luck, I hope they figure it out.............Nancy B

angelldakota responded:
Hi Shirley... I too would say to see a cardiologist... Do you take any meds... I was on one that was lowering my bp and my cardiologist took me off it.. now the only problem I have is my bp will go high with the pain and fatigue... but in his eyes the bp going low will kill you faster then high bp... please get in to see someone... and he set a range I can be in for me to be in and I am on the high side the other Dr's don't like but I go by his decision...

take your bp's and make a list of time, bp, pulse, pain level, fatigue level... and take it to the cardiologist and your primary care Dr...
I would take it at least 3 to 4 times a day at the same times... and if there is a serious fatigue or feeling very bad... I out them all on charts...

I hope you feel better real soon.. luv to you and bless you...

take care... luv... jan/angelldakota

shirley2010 replied to booch007's response:
Hi Booch007 ... thank u so much for your response. problem is i have been to the cardiologist and the palpitations and BP drop only happen when i have FM. I think it has something to do with circulation and muscles ... My muscles get very tight in my neck and left shoulder when i have a flare up and/or when the temperature drops or i get really cold... if u hear of anyone else like me, please let me know

shirley2010 replied to angelldakota's response:
Hi Angelldakota...it is logical that pain would elevate ur BP....I have been trying to figure it out for years !!! I take a half of teaspoon of salt and eat potatoe chips and popcorn... that helps and increases my energy a little... I have been to the cardiologist , and i think that it is related to the shortening of muscles when there is a flare... the dr. thinks it might be FM related somehow also... if u hear of anyone else with my problem, please let me know !! thanks and GOD Bless !

pnaturegirl responded:
Hey Shirley!

My pulse increases upon standing and b/p drops!

I have Fibro and Pots and that is a form of Dysautonomia.

Maybe you should ask your cardio about Dysautonomia because it effects people differently?
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

shirley2010 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
thanks pnaturegirl... sometimes my pulse does the same... i will definitely check out ur facebook and webmd !!

shirley2010 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
Hi again... i have just finished looking at ur facebook !!! absolutely awesome...it answered so many questions that Drs just couldn't seem to relate to... POTS and or Dysautonomia ... I had never heard of it, but, it definitely describes some of the symtoms with my FM condition... ur an angel to take out so much of ur time and share sooo much valuable info., that sooooo many of my drs. seemed unaware of ; especially the cardiologist who said a pace maker would be a good idea, but, not feasible because my pressure/ pulse flucuates and becomes to low !!! No meds or any other direction or help !! It is really such a disgrace that Drs are so specialized in area , that they have no idea how the organs
relate to each other... ur heaven sent... i am going to see a neurologist and share some of ur work from FB... again, ur an angel !!! Take care and God Bless !!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.