Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday ***Sept 20, 2010
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily.....MiMi in NC....where I am again up before daylight....and I am not a morning person....I guess I am paying for my week-end....which was a busy one...

It is going to be hot hot hot again....I am ready though for cooler weather....as I have had enough of this kind of weather for a while...I am sure before it is over with though....I will again welcome summer next year...I do dread the cold wintertime...

This week-end....I went to a couple of cosignment sales which are common for our area....these are held at church daycare centers and they have children's clothing and toys at bargain prices...it is a wonderful way to re-cycle things....and a person can find some really good buys....

I enjoyed browsing around and found some clothes for each of my grandbabies...as I do like to help my children when I can...a lot of what I found looked almost new...so I am now washing the clothes and getting them ready to give to my grandchildren...Sweet Pete is really slim...and I thought at one time...he was going to be really tall...but now that he has slowed down....I think he is going to be small....his dad is small frame...he looks just like my older son though...who is over 6 ft ....anyway....I was able to find him some pants in a slim size...which is sometimes hard to find...

Welcome to the new members who have recently joined our unique FM support group...I am sure that you too will find a lot of good info here and a lot of good friends....we are so fortunate to have Dr. P on board also....who truly understands our FM pain....as he, too deals with it each day...he shares his knowledge with us and he has fit right in with this group of FMers....

Here is hoping everyone had a good week-end....and I hope you will also have a good Monday...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

MagPrincess responded:
Morning FMly

well MiMi, you can go to work for me since i am having trouble waking up in the morning. LOL.

Much drama at work already today on top of running late.

Have my therapy session today with my psychologist. Looking forward to this since i haven't gone for liek three weeks.

Having trouble getitng into working today. really struggling to stay on task.
Erin Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain. William Faulkner

Anjl26 replied to MagPrincess's response:
Good morning FMily! It's back to work for me today too. Monday after a vacation has to be the worst ever. Lots and lots to do to get caught up again, so it'll be a busy week for me.

It's grey and dreary this morning, temps around 50 to start the day. We're expecting 60s for the highs most of the week, but mornings are cool enough to require a jacket or sweater.

I'm enjoying the new laptop a great deal, so I guess my old one dying was a blessing. I can now work with paint shop pro and my photos without fear of the whole thing locking up on me. I'll try to get a few photos up this week from vacation.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

karenrugs responded:
Good morning,

Yes, it was a good weekend. I'm thankful it's finally starting to cool down a bit. At least it's now in the upper 80's instead of upper 90's.

My grandson, Johnny is small. But he weighed 3.9 lbs when he was born. He now weighs 25 lbs and is 36" tall. What a guy. My grand-daughter, Randa, is 8 mos. old - weighs 18 lbs. and is almost 24" long. Her mama is tall though, about
5'10 so she'll probably take after her.

I could go on and on about my kids.

Have a good one, ya'll

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

jamesii responded:
Good morning everyone from hot Ark. 98 sun., more of the same all week. What ever happened to the 4 seasons, here we only have hot and cold and no in between. When the temperature drops we will go from A/C to heat within 3 days. It always happens that way.

Not a lot to do. I already did my daily 3 plus miles, what to do next? I need to get stronger as I will be preaching at a pastorless church this coming sunday. I will be filling in for a pastor friend whio will be on vacation Oct. 3rd. Then preaching at another church Oct. 10th. to the 13th. I must be stronger by then to do all that.

I am, getting stronger, now to get over the allergies. Ann has been a bit sick with a virus or allergies, oldest son has had it also. Youngest son has them all the time like me. Too much garbage in the air around here that causes this crud.

I soon will get results and ideas for the porphyria tests I had done, get results of blood work for allergies, get the skin tests done. Hope there is something to be done that will help as I am fed up with this year around runny nose, sore sinuses, and chest congestion. Whatever I did to bring this on and deserve it, I am sorry and won't do it again. Please let the punishment be done.

Praying for cooler and better weather. I also prayed for all of you suffering the wrath of the dragon.

Ark Jim

articulus responded:
Good morning, everyone! What a blessing to be alive and have one more day with my husband and children!

Spent the weekend watching football and even felt good enough to go out for target practice with my hunting rifle. Probably a silly idea, considering my insurance denied my prescription for Lyrica and I ran out of samples. May their "bottom line" give them everything they deserve! Still I needed to get out of the house very badly and shooting is rather relaxing as long as I remember to tuck it in tight.

Woke up twice after my nightly baseball bat beatings. Glad I'm getting more samples today! Who knew that just the one (out of three) painkiller could have such an effect!

Here's hoping for a productive and comfortable week for everyone!

-Beth

Psalm 38

*soft hugs*

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning....

I hope you all are having a better time than me right now...I have been an emotional wreck this weekend...you know what I mean, I am sure...there doesn't have to be a rhyme or reason...everything just seems wrong...

I am sure it started with taking my mom out shopping last Friday..and watching her go downhill is sooo difficult. Then all the little things just start piling up. This morning I got an e-mail that I didn't qualify for an office job in the school district. They didn't say why. I looked up the job qualifications and they wanted office experience. My office experience goes from before my kids were born...so I had not put that on the application..so I went back and did that...but it is probably too late now..and I cannot even remember what dates I worked there....but give me a break..I have a degree, a teaching certificate, years of volunteering in the schools...etc...but if they cannot "click" off a box...then they can't give you a chance...Oh...I am sooooooo ticked about this...I will cool down soon...but just the way my weekend has been going...

Thanks for letting me vent...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

angelldakota responded:
Good morning all... I had a busy weekend... still cleaning... I took a break for football and sleep last night... I missed a game but it was a boring one... thought it would be a good one brother against brother... but I thought it was a bore... so I went to sleep... woke up 4 times and finally slept in till 7...

my son got rudely awaken.. instead of waking me up my grandson woke him by hitting him over the head with something... So they wandered out about 7 and then woke me lol...

now it is already dinner time... kids are chanting toast lol... I am chanting in a minute ... lol... I am losing the battle...

I will try to post later..... you all take care and bless you this Monday with an easy day,,,

luv... jan/angelldakota

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
188 of 205 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.