Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello
hza54 posted:
I am from Puerto Rico. I want to be part of your group. Iam 56 years I have fibromalgia and mayor depression. I am out f work for almost 4 month. My job is as pharmacist and i work 70 hour in a week. Is from
9pm to 7 am. I was feeling very bad for years and i get the diagnsis about 6 month ago.Also i have osteoporosis, and a lot of problems in my vertebral colum, legs and hands. Iam very scared because I am in appeal with my insurance and I have n payments since June. I have a lot of problems with my concentratin and short memory. I am taking cymbalta, lyrica,vit d , calcoium, actonel, lorazepam(panic attack). Really I need friends to help me .Thanks fr your responses.
hilda
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Dollbug responded:
Hello Hilda and welcome.....MiMi in NC.....I use to have a good friend that was from Puerto Rico....he went to a military school in Alabama....I often wonder what happened to him...

I am sorry that you are having so many health issues....but I am glad that you have found this unique FM support group...did you not have any disability insurance with the company that you worked for? If so....I would think that they should be paying you right now....perhaps you need to speak to someone there about this...I am sure that they should have filled out the paperwork for you, if you had this...

I hope you have a good doctor who is treating your FM....if not....I would be trying to find one....there are all sorts of things that you might try to help you cope....be sure and read the info under Tips and Resources to the right of this page...especially member toolbox and nutrition and vitamins....

I have learned how to "control my FM pain" by taking vitamins and supplements....since I was unable to find any kinds of medicines which really helped me...without causing side effects....I take magnesium and malate combination supplement (found at vitamin store) Omegas, Vitamin D, Super B Complex, Calcium plus others....as I, too, have multiple health issues....

I do hope that you have asked your doctor to check your Vitamin D level...as this can be so important for a lot of us...I did read that you are taking Vitamin D....but are you taking enough? You doctor can advise you on what you need after you have the Vitamin D test done....

It does take a trial and error process though to figure out just what our bodies needs....and this does take time and effort...there are no quick fixes....as a person must allow at least 6-8 weeks of doing whatever they decide to do before making a decision of whether or not it is helping....

I can not even imagine how you have coped by working 70 hours a week...I can understand why you have not felt well for years....as your body needs rest in order to repair itself....

I hope you will find something to help you....we FMers must keep on keeping on....until we find something to help our pain...

I hope you will post often, ask questions, make comments or suggestions....

Take care and good luck....

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA.... My personal exchanges are Vitamin D and Pain and Wrath of the Dragon....if you care to visit..

karenrugs responded:
Hi Hilda!

I'm Karen and happy to welcome you to WebMD's fm group.

I'm sorry about you losing your job. It's bad enough to have several problems, but add to the list a loss of employment! More stress!

A lot of people have problems with concentration and short term memory. And, there's a lot of suggestions on how to maintain your brain stuff. Myself, I work a lot of crosswords, read and try to pay attention to as much detail as I can. I'm on enough drugs as it is and don't want to put anymore in my body.

Take care of yourself. Rest when possible. Try not to stress( easier said than done), laugh as much as you can, and good luck with your insurance.

Hugz,

Karen
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

pnaturegirl responded:
Hello Hilda!

You have found a great place to make new friends who just get it!

Feel free to vent when need and seek advice as well.

This can be a frustrating condition at best and I am also dealing with cognitive issues and it can drive ya batty at times!

NO you our not alone and that does help a lot!

Take Care,
Penny :wink:
Check out my facebook page called, This Crazy Thing Called Pots My new Exchange on WebMd called, Pots and Dysautonomia Exchange and you can always find me here on FM Exchange or through my email!

MaMaTwig responded:
Dear Hilda,
I agree with MiMi, and a big WELCOME to our FMily, I hope you have a Dr., that is good to you, If not I would certainly try to find a new one, I ams sooooo sorry to hear about all of your health issues, you are in my thoughts.

I to take Cymbalta, Lyrica(was not good for me, I had to quit taking) Vit D, Calicium, Magnesium, Super B complex, Vitamin E, I have other health issues so I must take meds for my Thyroid, I also have bulging discs in y neck and lower back, so I take pain meds, or else I wouldn't be able to get through the work day, because I either sit or stand for long periods of time, and during April thru Oct., I too work 6 days a week.

I hope you find the right combination of meds along with a good Dr. that will listen to you, I wish you luck with your appeal, and hope you can have everything settled soon.

God Bless :)
CHRISTINA :)

1wareaglefan responded:
Hello, Hilda.....I, too, welcome you to this wonderful support group. You've found a great place to come for encouragement, information, and understanding.

I would encourage you to come here often, ask questions, vent, or just read what others are saying about how they cope. That in itself is a great help.

I've been diagnosed for 2 years with fibro, and I have arthritis along with other back and neck issues, and depression. Most of us here have multiple health issues going on. The concentration issue is a main symptom of the fibro.

I hope you come here often and find the help and friendship you're seeking.

Take care.....Elizabeth

lesfm1 responded:
Hello Hilda!!
I really hate to hear you have had it sooooo bad. Bless your heart!! I'm sure we all know some of what your going through. I have fibro, among other things, and some days you just have stop and ask yourself if its all worth it. But it is !!! I pray that our Lord and Savior will help us all get thru every day and lead us down a path that may be just a little more tollerable. I too take cymbalta,& desiprimine for my fibro. I am also cursed with high cholesterol, depression & IBS. I have been having abnormal pap smears for the past 2 years, even though I had a hystorectomy 10 years ago. Don't know what is going to go on with that in December when I go back to my gyn. I understand you being scared. I think we all go through that. And even being mad. I stay mad, don't know why. I hope everything turns out ok with yur insurance. Any time you want to talk, ask questions, or just vent remember we are hear...
God Bless and take care.

lesfm1

ValarieW77 responded:
Welcome Hilda :)

There are some great people on here to vent to or receive advice from.

We are all in the same boat and all understand one another.

Great for you to join !

All my best
Valarie

fibroinsd responded:
Just want to add my welcome hilda....

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Anjl26 responded:
Welcome! Many of us have had to change jobs or stop working due to FM. Look at all your options... can you work the same job but with fewer hours? Is there another position within the same company that would be a better fit? Do you need to begin looking at something completely new?

Do you have FMLA? It protects your job for up to 12 weeks a year when you need to be off for medical reasons. Do you have Short Term or Long Term disability? Can you apply for SSI disability?

There are many things you can do at home to help manage your symptoms, like taking vitamins, using heat, pacing and stress reduction. Unfortunately, working 70 hrs a week isn't very compatible with some of those.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

hza54 replied to Dollbug's response:
Thanks Mimi for taking time t respnse. Iam tking 50,000 u f Vtit d.I will be in contact with the group.Also I will post anithing that I find to improve.

God bless you
hilda

hza54 replied to karenrugs's response:
Hello Karen:

First thanks to take your time t respnd. I dont lose the job the insurance understand that I can work despite my conditin.
I am in appeal . I understand that the Board f doctrs of sedgwick insurance dont know anithing about this conditions.

hughs
hilda

hza54 replied to pnaturegirl's response:
hello Penny:

Thanks for your time I will check yur facebook.

take care you too
hilda

hza54 replied to MaMaTwig's response:
Cristina:

Thanks very much fr taking time for me.My Job is stand all the night. I am a pharmacist and is an overnight shift.

Gd Bless you too
Hilda

hza54 replied to 1wareaglefan's response:
Elizabeth:
Thanks very much . I think thats is a great group a lot of psitive words. Also I have aartritis in the column.
I have been wrking with all this years. Ifall in my job and result in fracture in lower clumn plus fracture one of my ribs. i was working with lidocaine patches, tylenl. But every day was worst my hoole body. i found myself the cooncentratin and my memry was affecting and thats was the mst issue for myself and mst my respsability for the patients.but was a moment that i can not handle my pains and my sleeping problems.

godbless yu
hilda

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.