Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Warm feeling in legs
Northend posted:
I have fibromyalgia and I can certainly identify with a lot of what everyone is saying. I have been having a warm feeling in my right leg for about 2 weeks now. It feels like warm water is running down my leg. It's not hot to the touch but, inside my leg is very warm. Not sure what this is and I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Northend,

I get the opposite.... cold water running down my legs. But I bet you're not alone in feeling warmth and look forward to others' responses.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

BamaNik responded:
I have had that happen a few times. The first one surprised me because I thought I had just peed on myself! I went to touch my leg and it was dry. I don't get this often but it catches me off guard every time.
Nicole Life is not waiting for the storm to pass...its about learning how to dance in the rain..

ValarieW77 responded:
This is interesting because I to have experienced this on my shin and foot. Thought they were soaked and yet when I touch them nothing..... So strange ! I am sure this has to do with the nerve issues in Fibro

Northend replied to ValarieW77's response:
I went to my doctor and she prescribed more vitamin B12. I also had blood tests done yesterday and I'm waiting for results. It's just weird to have that feeling run down my legs so often during the day. Thanks for all of the responses. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I guess we just have to hang in here and deal with this one day at a time.

Jeanie808 responded:
I also get the feeling of warm water running down my legs and then my legs are like jello...if they were any weaker i wouldnt bbe able to walk on them.

Teelady1 responded:
I've had the feeling like warm water running down my shin to my ankle.

I also get hot/burning sensations in my legs and ankles. When I feel my leg, it is not hot to the touch. The feelings come and go. Sometimes a long time (days or weeks) between them - and sometimes just a matter of a few hours.

amt123bee responded:
See if you sit or lay for extended periods of time while putting undue pressure where the thigh meets the pelvis.

I browse the internet in bed in a weird position. Stopped doing that, and the feeling has gone away.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.