Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
~*~Good Things~*~
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's been a while since we did this here and I thought today might be a good day to remind ourselves of the good things in our lives which are there even on the most difficult days.

Try to find at least three things for which you are grateful today/this week, but feel free to share more.

For me:

1. My grandkids. The happy hugs my granddaughter gives me when she sees me. The air kisses my baby grandson gives to each of us and how his smiles reach into his eyes and all the way to his eyebrows.

2. Chocolate. ;-)

3. I got some sleep last night. Not enough (never enough) but hey.

How about you? What good things are in your life this week/today? :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

alispazz responded:
Caprice,

My family,all of them even the turds.

pain meds...would be in a bigger mess without them.

Chocolate in any form, except on Chinese noodles
Follow your heart and not your dreams..the dreams are from your mind and can lead you astray, the heart never can..SMOLOL Hugs Ali

Anjl26 responded:
Ok, I'll play :) I'm skipping the most obvious ones like family and work and pick something specific for today.

1. Smarties - I bought a bag yesterday and yes I've been eating them all day. I just love them! I only allow myself to have them when they put the Halloween candy out.

2. Desk lamp - I bought this yesterday too. When I have a headache, I turn off the overhead lights and use lamps instead. I had one but it wasn't enough, two is just right. :)

3. New laptop - I wasn't planning to buy one (until the old one died) but I've found it works so much better than my old one. I can work with my photos and not have it locking up on me.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

half2walk responded:
1. My family.

2. My girlfriends. And having a friend who understands because she has fibro, too.

3. Hubby's out of town--no cooking tonight!

4. Fall leaves.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to alispazz's response:
LOL! Your response made me laugh, Ali! :-)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Anjl26's response:
Yay on the new laptop and desk lamp, Sharon!

Mmmm... I love me some Smarties too.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to half2walk's response:
I'm with you on the fall leaves, Half2walk. Love your profile picture too. :-)

mrahoe responded:
hi

1.. finding out my 2nd grand child is gonna be another girl

2.. finaly getting a little help from the govt (gonna have heat this winter)

3.. i dont live in this part of canada . . lol
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?rn=222562&cl=22016578&ch=&src=canadanews

john
this post is not intended to offend anyone !!! any questions please email me...

debw216 responded:
Good One! We really need this today, Caprice!

The smell of fall in the air....

Had to smile at this one.... My youngest granddaughter, age 3 1/2 telling my daughter this morning, "Mommy, I don't think I'll go to school today." So in other words, she's already trying to play hookie and she's only in pre-school!

My new home!

My new neighbors!

And my son....who knows that I am not feeling well, and brought me breakfast in the living room this morning!

DebW
Faith is daring the soul, to go beyond what your eyes can see. Author Unknown...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mrahoe's response:
LOL! Oh me too, John!

Congrats re the granddaughter! :-)

mrahoe replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks caprice

i just hope this birth goes better. . my 1st miss abigail was born in the car on the way to the hosp, and only weighed 3 lbs .

she is just like her papa john now tho. . big and bad. . lol

atleast thats what her dad tells me.. lol

john
this post is not intended to offend anyone !!! any questions please email me...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to debw216's response:
The story of your youngest granddaughter made me chuckle, Deb. :-)

So many good things.

fibroinsd responded:
OK....like the others...I will try to skip the obvious...family..

1. I got a job subbing today...and although my feet are killing me..It was fun..

2. Chocolate..(what else did you expect from me????)

3. Having a little fun...and getting to do fun things like this...thanks Caprice..

ceece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to mrahoe's response:
I hope this birth goes better too. :-)

(FYI, my daughter-in-law had a difficult labor and delivery with her first, and it was a breeze with the second.)

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hey, Cece, that's great about the job! :-) Take care of those feet tonight.

Enjoy that chocolate!

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.