Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Yesterday My Mother finally understood..........
WomanInBath posted:
After years of studying and researching and searching the internet for ANY little piece of information about Fibromyalgia, I finally came to the conclusion that if anyone found the "cure' for Fibro, it would be all over the news and I would not miss it!

My Mother, on the other hand, sees all of the spam and all of the numerous "CURES" that are splattered all over any health site and else where! She, in turn, wants me to try everything and believes the claims even though I try to explain to her that they are hoax's. She is my Mother and therefore want's to fix it for me. God love her. I do.

I started seeing a medical hypnosis therapist. (at Moms request of course.) It really was helpful because one of the many things the therapist help me realise was that Mom was putting a lot of pressure (stress) on me by never letting up. She wanted so badly to be the one who found the "cure" for me that neither of us relised that it was really stressing me out trying to get to this appointment or that seminar or by hounding me with "have you tried this or ordered that yet?"

After I realised this and then realised I was going to have to explain it to Mom, I knew she was going to be hurt. She was only trying to help....

Well, she was hurt.
But, within a week...She got it! She really got it!

Now, we both understand that until there really IS that CURE,
I have fibromyalgia.

Along the way I have found vitamins, suppliments and meditation, positive attitude, plenty of water, some exercize, self hypnosis and no stress are the best things I can do for me.

Realising that I will never be the body I used to be is hard, I havent quite gotten that into my brain yet. But stressing over that and being depressed does not help either.
I was extremely active and thin, now, I'm tired all the time and in pain and fat.
BUT.... I'm I'm NOT as tired and in pain as I was when this all began so, I am making progress in my own way.

I'm very proud of my Mom and Myself.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
What a great post! I am so pleased for both you.

(And I totally get this situation; I have something similar with my best friend and with my mother. What we all know is how much these people love us with all the suggestions they make.)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

fibroinsd responded:
Great to hear....glad this worked out so well !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.