Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Bye All
Grampa_Bear posted:
It's been a great ride, and good number of you will be deeply missed by me, but if you would like to stay in contact via email, you're most welcome to do so.

Sorry it had to come to this after so many years.

Take care of yourselves.

Jim
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

angelldakota responded:
Jim I don't have your Email..... I wish you weren't leaving... I will continue to pray for you... hang in there my friend...

bless you... take care... luv... jan/angelldakota

1rmouse replied to angelldakota's response:
Jim, I must have missed something because I don't know why you are leaving. :- I will tell that I will miss your posts and replies and I have so enjoyed your wisdom and dry humor over the past year, even when the meaning of some of it went right over my head. ;)
I also found your outlook on things, this and that, interesting. Where ever you go and do stay just as you are. You will be a rare blessing to all you meet.
Thanks for the smile :)
Linda R.

Grampa_Bear replied to angelldakota's response:
jimm6@verizon.net...get it quick...this is a major no-no
Bringing Faith to the Doubtful, Doubt to the Faithful, Comfort to the Afflicted, Affliction to the Comfortable and Funk to the Funkless.

Anjl26 replied to Grampa_Bear's response:
Got it Jim! Are you on facebook? Many of us have connected over there.. Pat, Billie etc. That's where I'll be.
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections. hugs Sharon

mrahoe replied to 1rmouse's response:
linda

i have a feeling this is all about me and something that happened . . im so sorry anything went on . . maybe they will come back if i leave. . . so im gona..

john
this post is not intended to offend anyone !!! any questions please email me...

karenrugs responded:
Wait Jim, I'm going with you!!!
A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.

hopein2009 responded:
Well I must say that I feel totally in the dark! I read this post almost every day and these issues must have went over my head, or through the brain fog. I came here about 3 yrs ago when I first heard the word FM from my docs and it has been wonderful as I learned so much from everyone about this dragon that attacked me without warning.

I always enjoy hearing everyone's opinions, even if I don't always post anything it gives me food for thought. So I guess I missed anything that was totally out of line or a big no no to the rules here on Web MD.

Grampa Bear, you will be missed. I won't leave, but I may lay low for a while and just read. I am so sad that you feel you need to leave a support group that has helped you and that you have been such a supporter of others, over what? Someone being controversial, posts being removed in order to keep the peace. Like I said, I don't even know what the issue is, but you will be missed.

Hugs to you and best wishes, Lisa in WV

jamesii replied to hopein2009's response:
Lisa, I am with you on this. I don't know what it is all about. I am now on FaceBook and have been for awhile. But, I will not quit this post either.

I will continue to ask for yalls support, prayers, care, and understanding as I continue to have health problems related to Fm or meds for that problem.

My great thanks to all of you for your help. There have been a few times that I felt I wasn't totally understood, or the answer may have been a bit terse, but I just let that go and relished in the fact that I had friends and family here that was willing to listen.

Many times I have asked for advice, help, or care from my drs, they blew me off. I asked the same questions here from my friends, I got answers and understanding. At least a couple of times you have brought up health issues you were having and the solution to them. I said, what? that is the same thing I am going thru.;see there, your insights blessed me to solve problems. For that I am eternally thankful.

Keep up the good work and the faith.

Ark Jim

1rmouse replied to hopein2009's response:
Lisa in WC, I'm with you. I am totally taken aback by all this ill will. This is such a wonderful site for those of us with FM. I waited a long time to find this place and have been beyond over the moon happy with FMily members, the info and support I have gotten here since finding it in Dec of 09'.
And for me personally I can only think of one person, many months ago who seemed to be unkind towards me in a reply post.. aside from her, I swear by our support group. There is so much good that goes on here, so much great back and forth information that it is a real shame that we are all spending our time posting on this. :(
I don't have any idea of what happened either but it must have been important enough to get the monitors to delete the exchange. Sad I know that it had to come to that.:(
I hope grandpa_Bear/ Jim and John don't leave and that we can get over this and get back to making each other feel well with being supportive.
Linda R. :)

pocotaz responded:
Jim,

I've been out for quite some time ..only visited once in a awhile and posted very little.. i am out also...

Not the same and i have been unhappy for a longtime...

Take care... i too am on FB

Linda

Daffyd3031 responded:
I haven't been around much so I'm not sure what happened but for you to leave - wow. Just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your posts - they were wierd, funny, strange, etc - but always entertained me and made me laugh, usually when I needed it the most!

Sending best wishes to you.

Hugs,

Patti

An_199315 responded:
Jim,

I am, also, leaving this exchange. It just isn't what it used to be when I joined! You will be missed!

I hope your future holds good things for you!

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.