Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Dr .P/ Caprice
missshortyd posted:
I saw a program about Therapeutic Touch for FM. Do you know anything about it?

Suzs63 responded:
Therapeutic touch is an art. There are not many that practice the art. There is a book on therapeutic touch. by Nancy Kruger
I have had Fibro for so long and tried every thing in the book. My pain Dr.practices eastern and western medicine.A massage from someone who treats for Fibro pain and really knows what they are doing can mimic TT. Ask around, actually try Hospice. I live in FL and a nurse from Hospice tried TT on me.It was like getting a wonderful massage. Her hands were bright red and the heat redused my pain. It's really neat because she never really touched me.
Suzs

Mark Pellegrino, MD responded:
Therapeutic touch or TT is actually a misnomer as the patient is usually not touched at all during the treatment. TT is said to be an energy therapy based on ancient techniques that decreases pain and promotes healing. TT practicioners claim specific skills that allow them to manipulate the patient's energy field.

You can search the web and find various sites that promote TT and various sites that criticize it.

Dr. P

bridgeton replied to Mark Pellegrino, MD's response:
Would you consider TT similar to Reiki? The alternative modalities that I use rather than drugs are acupuncture, myofasical release, reflexology, and Reiki. Reiki works well. I melt into the table and it really helps with the pain and stress level. Give it a try.

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.